A little too much?

All discussion related to activity in the Global Conflict world should be posted here.
marko7

A little too much?

Post by marko7 »

What do you guys think?
Back at the old days, if you are a cp and want to raze baron, you would think twice .... and probably spare some extra time to do some banquets if you decide to attack.
Then came the famous chivalry cards from the wolf, and suddenly the last thing which cp would think about when attacking is honor.
And finally, Firefly decided to give 100 expert chivalry cards + 30 research packs to whom, to farmers who were just doing log in/out and repair castles for the past 3-4-5 years on dead worlds.

7.5M is expert ch. card if you are cp. That's 750M on GC1.
And if you are starting a new server, 100 ch. cards + 30 research packs ....for how long before you become a cp? And then people wonder why is this game dying...
Attachments
ss.png
ss.png (13.1 KiB) Viewed 2637 times
GhilleVeteran00

Re: A little too much?

Post by GhilleVeteran00 »

Seems like a good reward for a player that put in 5+ years into a world. If a player is in that winning house that means they were at the top for a very long time.

While the world may be dead at the end, it doesn't mean that player didn't have to fight every once in a while to keep what they took. Old worlds still have wars, they just don't last very long due to the need for more villages and the fact that I.D. becomes 3x more expensive by the end.

If you have 40 villages that is close or over 100k fp a day for 24 hour coverage.

These players could've bought cards to keep themselves going over the years for war, or could've ran tokens for the entire time. I imagine FF makes a decent bit if you tie all the casuals together since most of them run tokens at least twice a year.

Maybe if a player stuck around on a world past Age 1 they would understand how hard it is to lose everything forever. The least FF can do is give that player a reason to move on to another world with a good boost.
TotallyNotMicha

Post by TotallyNotMicha »

marko7 wrote:What do you guys think?
Back at the old days, if you are a cp and want to raze baron, you would think twice .... and probably spare some extra time to do some banquets if you decide to attack.
Then came the famous chivalry cards from the wolf, and suddenly the last thing which cp would think about when attacking is honor.
And finally, Firefly decided to give 100 expert chivalry cards + 30 research packs to whom, to farmers who were just doing log in/out and repair castles for the past 3-4-5 years on dead worlds.

7.5M is expert ch. card if you are cp. That's 750M on GC1.
And if you are starting a new server, 100 ch. cards + 30 research packs ....for how long before you become a cp? And then people wonder why is this game dying...
now that rewards been given to w4 winners if they change it its unfair to the others... plus now worlds will have competetive 6th age cuz everyone wanna win xD
ElectrickSabers

Post by ElectrickSabers »

those are prizes actually worth playing for. the normal prizes you get for winning an age are joke.
Juris931

Post by Juris931 »

prizes are ok, because you need at least 3 years to close a server
so if you play 3 or more years on a server you deserve those prizes
different if you invite player with 1 village , but on w4 there were all players with 25+ villages , and only 1 player with 1 village ( oct4ne ) in h17

i think prizes are op for all prince , you need 1 week to reach prince on sixth age

ps: maybe the problem is that there are players that will win every server as members the gang of spenders xD ( but they deserve prize anyway because they provide for free to me and to others our drug dose )
TotallyNotMicha

Post by TotallyNotMicha »

Juris931 wrote:prizes are ok, because you need at least 3 years to close a server
different if you invite player with 1 village , but on w4 there were all players with 25+ villages , and only 1 player with 1 village ( oct4ne ) in h17

i think prizes are op for all prince , you need 1 week to reach prince on sixth age

ps: maybe the problem is that there are players that will win every server as members the gang of spenders xD ( but they deserve prize anyway because they provide for free to me and to others our drug dose )
for 160$ they wouldnt hesitate :D
ElectrickSabers

Post by ElectrickSabers »

Juris931 wrote:prizes are ok, because you need at least 3 years to close a server

I've pretty actively played W2, W3, USA, Euro and GC, and there are only 3 names that won that I recognize. Do those players play a lot of other worlds? I just havn't come across 27 of them. I think firefly has done a good job with this so far and I think the prizes are fair, as compared to what you normally get from age wins.
Lunks

Post by Lunks »

Juris is correct.

There should be a minimum amount of time played on the server. Now that we know what the final rewards are its easy to farm that.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I also agree that a minimum amount fof time should be oput in and this could be monitored by the faction achievement i.e 10 weeks in a faction or some shi* like that.

I also agree prizes are fair even for the people that where nto in the winning house they got a fair deal 2k card points is pretty good. I am hoping to see all the w4 people in global soon :-)
KamMik

Post by KamMik »

They just should not give rewards for those graveyard worlds simple as :D So there is actually some competition for such rewards..

Return to “Global Conflict Lounge”