I'm newish to this game and trying RotW

New PvE based game world. This Forum has Now been closed following the worlds closure.
HappyHour224

Re: I'm newish to this game and trying RotW

Post by HappyHour224 »

you may just have gotten unlucky with your spawn area

stashes spawn in every (accessible) parish so there should be some in your parish, if there isnt, it's not a common problem so maybe a glitch

the wolf world is unique in that there are only 10% or so of parishes you are allowed to spawn in and the rest you must capture into, to make room for more players as they come into the world some parishes are held as reserve. these are the empty parishes you see

and to farm cards you just have to kill an AI castle, which in turn will earn you a wheel-spin, and the spin will have a variety of prizes such as cards or gold. you can also get a few smaller spins from scouting the question-mark stashes.
the last legend

Post by the last legend »

chackonman wrote:Hi Guys,

Also in this forum i see a lot of mentions of people "farming" cards, how do you farm cards?
you come to the wrong neighborhood dude hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and you come too late to farm everything is change in this world

no more farming......now it's surviving ...........
dsds212011

Post by dsds212011 »

yes if you can't beat them, join them. Try to help the wolf by letting him take your village in that parish, that way the wolf will take over that parish and annoy everyone. It's very fun to do.

To do this, take off your peace time by attacking another players and then cancelling the attack. Then start a second village. The wolf will not take your last village.

Then enjoy as everyone in the parish will have to deal with the wolf village and see the wolf take over and wreck havoc on the entire parish!
HappyHour224

Post by HappyHour224 »

can still farm, wolf castles are plentiful and you can gain more cards/card points kill than you put in

its just the rate of return isnt quite as high as it was
dsds212011

Post by dsds212011 »

Well I can say the same for those that attack others and take other people's villages. It's the way the game is. There is nothing unfair about it. Whoever made this wolf world intended it this way. Even if people don't try to invite the wolf, the new players in that parish without good castle defence would have done so by accident.

The parish stewards in those parishes should be the ones clearing it out and if they don't then that's bad karma to them. Don't take a parish if you can't protect/maintain it.

Besides the guys that use the speed cards and take all the resources around these parishes denying the new players precious materials/weapons needed, are probably far worse than the ones inviting the wolf.
Matlowe

Post by Matlowe »

+1 to the players taking all the resources from the new players, every time i login there is nothing to scavenge off the map
Can't even make enough stone to repair my castle to keep up with wolf attacks because I cant donate to stone guild or scavenge stone off the map!
persistence is key, I will endure, newbs will reign over the wolf!!!
Klaire

Post by Klaire »

My advice- don't expect to be able to do much when you don't have a lot of research.
A friendly higher ranked player can help you to rank up if you buy a charter in their parish (after buying the charter, abandon your first village so you are not subject to AI captains). ASK first, a lot of players are too busy or tired to help newbies. But say there's a crown prince who has 1 vil in a parish, and that parish is clear of AI but there are still AI in the surrounding parishes. If that steward uses the parish army to attack the AI around (especially wolves), you'll get a ton of honour. You don't get attacked more or more severely for ranking up on this world. So if you can rack up a load of honour this way, you can sit at 1 vil and get your defensive and military researches up to scratch, and certain productions (e.g STONE & WOOD) and capacity (STOCKPILE, ARMOURY). Scouting researches are helpful too.

You can earn card points at one village through scouting and attacking a couple of AI castles a day, but it is limiting. Better to have more armies. And parishes are plentiful on this world. Flags are easily obtainable if you get a parish that hasn't been built up (easiest way is to ask someone who has a lot of flags, or raid parishes that ONLY have AI vils in, otherwise you may be breaking the current player made server rules. Also remember that town hall!)
If you have more than 1 village, you need to be online quite often to keep your villages.

So yeah, this world as it is now is HORRIBLE if you don't have much research done. But be smart about it. Don't try to run before you can walk otherwise you may just spend a long time wasting gold and resources making villages and losing them right away.
Parody

Post by Parody »

For the new RoTW players reading this, just ask higher level players for some help. Most of the time they will have no problem sending you resources.

Return to “Rise of The Wolf”