One Million Players?

This World 3 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Tetley

One Million Players?

Post by Tetley »

Where are these 1 million players that FF are advertising? If there were 30,000 players per world (and that is very generous) that would still mean 33 Worlds. Are there 33 Worlds in existence?

Also are FF now going to claim a place in the Guiness Book of Records as the largest ever beta test in an online game - or is it possible the game may finally go live one day in the near future?

Why dont they advertise a real figure such as the number of players who have logged on in the last month for example. That still exaggerates the number playing since it would include those who logged in once and didn't continue, but it would be a realistic figure of the number of active players.
Get a life, in fact play MMO's and get a few of them
ciastoman

Re: One Million Players?

Post by ciastoman »

In fact, nothing beats Gmail with his 4 year beta period :)
pmpdru

Re: One Million Players?

Post by pmpdru »

Raelil wrote:
Secretsquirrel73 wrote:"I think we'd have to go a long way before we could beat games like Minecraft in their Beta magnificence. "

I think you already have.

1)post more updates during the beta adding additional content (minecraft still has quality of life issues that even terraria put in within their first month or 2)

2) Less bugs and fixes any bugs with haste

3) Team doesnt go on frequent vacations because of "too much stress" even though there are deadlines

4) far better at coding and overall experiance

5) no real broken promises of content (look at enderman content, world bosses, ect)

6) game doesnt feel rushed

7) not charging for beta access (notch did this and the game was still buggy as * but yet you had to pay 15 dollars)

8) not having a con (seriously, thank you, last thing we need is 500 people dressed up like the rat and the pig walking around sipping diet coke)

FF, you have done FAAAAAAAR better then mincecraft ever could. The only reason you werent at their numbers was because you didnt have people spam forum boards like 4chan all day about the game. That was one of the main reasons he got noticed. If it wasnt for certain forum boards, he might not have been as big.

I totally agree. FF you have done much better, and SHK is above Minecraft in every single way, atleast in my perspective. Just keep doing the right thing, have a dialog open with your playerbase and more and more people will join surely.
As an avid minecraft player (as well as the admins) i am sure this is their reaction to both of your posts:
Spoiler! :
God did not create man, Man created god.

Return to “World 3 Lounge (Closed)”