A new name for trolls.

World 9 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
omar1994

A new name for trolls.

Post by omar1994 »

Yo :)

So I was thinking about the name 'troll', it doesn't really have a nice sound. A better name would be barbarian, that's what they really are, barbarians. I thought about giving them the name 'rebels' but that's too good for them.

So from now on, I'll be calling them barbarians :P.

Do you have a name you think it would best describe them? Feel free to share it here :D.

Enjoy your game.
''Don't sacrifice your peace trying to point out someone's true colours. Lack of character always reveals itself in the end.'' -Mandy Hale
Lord Darko900

Re: A new name for trolls.

Post by Lord Darko900 »

rogue
Yoooooooooo
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

I would post what I call them, but it would just be a bunch of asterisks in a row, so I don't see the point ;)
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
Thecherrygrower

Post by Thecherrygrower »

Well i must admit i'm curious, it seems so much time is spent on "Trolls" this might be being used as an Obtusion to ignore the action of controllable 'Rogues'?

Let me ask this...
When is it acceptable for a player to join your faction one day, and then as soon as joined go and and take 8-9 Villas - and flip parishes from a Neutral farming House, in times of Peace, without ANY permission given or indeed even any communication or Courtesy shown?

Then, when the issue is raised, is it then acceptable for the same player to then scout ANOTHER player and ask can they 'take them'??

Given the issue at this point has been raised, at what point does the player become a "Rogue" and at what point would players expect his Faction and House to deal with it?

How is this defensible? I really am curious, what differentiates a TROLL to a Rogue such as this?
Whats the difference?

Now i understand that apparently there are some trolls about, im told.. H7?
But how on earth is taking 8 villages, and flipping Parishes on a Neutral House, with no communication or respect shown, in times of peace, NOT a Rogue player??

How is that even defensible?
KingJbone

Post by KingJbone »

Thecherrygrower wrote:Well i must admit i'm curious, it seems so much time is spent on "Trolls" this might be being used as an Obtusion to ignore the action of controllable 'Rogues'?

Let me ask this...
When is it acceptable for a player to join your faction one day, and then as soon as joined go and and take 8-9 Villas - and flip parishes from a Neutral farming House, in times of Peace, without ANY permission given or indeed even any communication or Courtesy shown?

Then, when the issue is raised, is it then acceptable for the same player to then scout ANOTHER player and ask can they 'take them'??

Given the issue at this point has been raised, at what point does the player become a "Rogue" and at what point would players expect his Faction and House to deal with it?

How is this defensible? I really am curious, what differentiates a TROLL to a Rogue such as this?
Whats the difference?

Now i understand that apparently there are some trolls about, im told.. H7?
But how on earth is taking 8 villages, and flipping Parishes on a Neutral House, with no communication or respect shown, in times of peace, NOT a Rogue player??

How is that even defensible?

who sh/t on your corn flakes this morning lol. player was fully 100% inactive and gone, someone in his house said vills are good to go- so there they go.

youre making a big deal out of this in multiple places and i dont see why youre so upset about a player disappearing who in fact had disappeared a long time before any of his vills were taken...i dont see why you are so * off over an inactive?
KingJbone

Post by KingJbone »

Lord Darko900 wrote:rogue

rogue to me means someone fighting by themselves without a house or faction to back them- but maintains their honor. meaning he doesnt delete parishes or do things just to spite people he doesnt know. he might cap random peoples villages in order to sell off for gold, but he does it for a personal benefit, like adding to his gold pile.

to me a troll is someone who intentionally sets out to ruin things people have built for no benefit to themselves, only to bring headaches, or to "troll" other players.
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

Thecherrygrower wrote:
Let me ask this...

Never it's not acceptable to cap a player of another house during a time of peace unless given written consent of the player or their FG/HM. If when you say neutral you mean a player with no house, then that's one of the risks you take being a neutral player. Any player not affiliated with a house is at risk for being capped, parish raided, or pillaged. If you don't want that to happen. Join a house

Thecherrygrower wrote:

Yes that is totally acceptable. Except the part about scouting. Standard procedure should be you send a message to a player asking if they are active and then give them 72~ hours. If they do not respond you then forward the thread to their FG/HM and ask if you may have their village/parish. That is 100% acceptable and I have done that many times.

Also jbone that was a pretty good description of what a rogue and troll are I think.
Thecherrygrower

Post by Thecherrygrower »

@ BgLizard, quite agree with your post, indeed, without exception people ive asked this question to in the game agree:

Never it's not acceptable to cap a player of another house during a time of peace unless given written consent of the player or their FG/HM.
As to the incitement of then scouting another player from the same Neutral House, when the issue has been brought up, and responded to by the House in question?

Agree with you again.

@KingJBone - remind me never to breakfast at your House :D

as to "someone said"... if Simon said.. go check some facts..or go jump off a roof top, which would you prefer?:)
Have fun!
Dino121

Post by Dino121 »

Those are not trolls, players fight houses for freedom, justice and peace, not because they are bored. I fought H9 for peace and I got it))
Nofate

Return to “World 9 Lounge (Closed)”