Make Domination a World of War!

All discussion related to the Domination Worlds should be posted here. This Forum has been reopened for the duration of Domination World 3.
itsVanilla

Make Domination a World of War!

Post by itsVanilla »

i thought about rewarding people for donating for their community
maybe players should get honor or atleast gold.

how i come to this:
well it is too hard to get higher ranks and a stronger military power, if u have to donate everything one owns to improve your community.the result is you can't improve yourself and the idea of making war (like i wished it would be in domination) is not an option!

domination round holds just 100 days, until players reach a good position to make war it is over already and nothing happened. boosting up reasearch times- ok- but it takes still too much time! in addition, getting research point is not easy too!

my conception:
how about a world where you have really fast everything researched and the only way to get stronger is war!
( getting research points by winning a fight// getting honor ( not loosing honor) for occupying!// not to depend so much on economy rather on knowing how to fight well!( but not ignoring economy, just make it less important)

i have a lot of ideas and i hope other player here like this way of playing and improve this by giving your own wishes or ideas

maybe this post will reach the developers ^^
hf
AuKhan

Re: Make Domination a World of War!

Post by AuKhan »

Sounds great!

Here we are after 28 days, and this world looks like farmville.
Why? Because it takes a month or two to get ready for war.
There will be very little time left after that to play the combat strategy.
Cregor

Post by Cregor »

You guys must be in some obscure corner of England, cuz over here in Ireland, villages are getting taken *constantly*.
I'd guess that in the 3-4 counties nearest me that there have been an average of 2-3 captures *PER (stupidly small) PARISH*
And keep in mind that there were virtually no caps at all in the first 8-10 days - very few people had Leadership yet - so all this capping (and razing) has largely happened in the last 18-20 days or so.

Also, I see lots of players like you (no offense intended) who do not donate in any significant way to their parishes.
Assuming that they aren't being carried by the hard work of the other players in their parishes, their villages have:
* very small production bonuses
* squat for special defenses (ballistas, turrets, tunnels) making them easy pickings.
* parish armies with virtually no upgrades

i.e. their villages are somewhat less attractive for capturing, but very appealing for pillaging/ransacking/razing.

What there HASN'T been is any attacking of REAL parish castles. The flag spawn rate is just WAY too high (+50% or +100% might have worked; +200% doesn't), and the map has been carved up into too many (and too small) parishes for the number of active players it has. FF has eliminated one entire type of pvp conflict by making the marginal value of flags basically zero, as opposed to their normally very high value. This an understandable *-up on their part, which hopefully they will fix in future worlds with versions of this ruleset.

Prediction: By Day 50 you will be hard pressed to find a single parish anywhere on the entire map that doesn't have 15-25 flags piled up. Most parishes are already there now.
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

Glad to hear there is some action somewhere. There is hope for the game, then.
But, I think 100 days is too short...

Yes. Too many flags diminishes the incentive to attack.

What makes you think that I do not donate to my parish?
Unfortunately, I am the only one donating to my parish. And I have actively done so since day 1.
Several other players have come and gone (quit) without donating anything, or nearly nothing (collectively only a few packets!).
Hard to get far on the production bonuses with no help. But, at least my defenses are strong...

PS. When I look around the map I see that most parishes in all the countries have already accumulated 20 to 50 flags!
I doubt that they will be down to only 15-20 flags by day 50, as you forecast.
itsVanilla

Post by itsVanilla »

hi, im glad ppl answered ^^
i donate everything i have too, but for a single player it is too much (as said before)
so ur right
there are tons of flags, even if u can attack, why should you.
but imagine if you dont have flags or actually money(what i would say is missing most), and you cant attack because of not being strong enough
and fearing clans or houses to fight you :D

this limits people in their opportunities

think about the reward system by doing war..
people would not depend on researching apple production for their parishes, they would rather go on military tree and make plans together

a problem i see in this gamestyle is that one would snowball way too hard
at this point clans are usefull again, they can combine their powers to hold people "small"
Auruby

Post by Auruby »

What ever happened to Banqueting honor x2? There are barely Princes yet, and the world is nearly half over...makes no sense.

This world is SAFER than the other worlds I've played....
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

Black_Turtle wrote:I have never farmed so much as on this world.
I know i can never fight by the big ones who pay a lot and it is to short to reach a high lvl since i only got 5villages after almost 50days

Also if i am not wrong the world will close soon for new players?
The word "farm" has no meaning in SHK. During my days playing World of Warcraft the term "on farm" was used for raid dungeons that my guild could defeat reliably but still ran to gain equipment drops. Farmville is a totally different game that some SHK players view in a derogatory fashion to convince them that SHK is a "war game."

SHK is not a war game, SHK is a resource management game. You generate your own resources and you attempt to deprive your opponents of those resources. Some players focus on resource generation and other focus on depriving other players. Those other more aggressive players frequently require self talk to keep themselves motivated, and view their agressive play as superior to passive players that do not interact with others and are "playing solo."

"Farm" has lost it's value as a word in this game. It is a lazy term for those that cannot or choose not to explain what they really want to convey in the forum or in game mail.
itsVanilla

Post by itsVanilla »

yes deke ^^ ur right, but why did firefly open a world called "domination"
Some players focus on resource generation and other focus on depriving other players
of course not for concentrating on "resource generation". that cant be true.

but thats how it is, there are no real opportunities^^ and thats why there should be some changes
so "depriving other players" is plausible and "playing in team" not a must have

Return to “Domination World Lounge”