Unable to add troops

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
GrandMast

Unable to add troops

Post by GrandMast »

I am on Kingmaker map
I am player called GrandMast
I have a problem with only one of my 10 villages, village called "GM2 Village"
Problem Statement: For a few days now, having lost troops via normal AI attacks my spare unit space has now increase to 43. My village population is at 123 which is 25 over limit so no new villager will come and this is normal. When I go to "MAKE TROOPS" I cannot add more troop, merchants or scouts. None of the buttons light up with numbers despite I am showing that I am short 43.

Is this a bug or I have overlooked something simple? My other villages do not have this issue. The only thing I can do as a quick fix is research more housing. I have logged in and out several time but fear that shortly I will loose all troops and have none left.
Can you help.
Thank you
GrandMast

Re: Unable to add troops

Post by GrandMast »

I have tried a new test with strange results. When I remove one merchant, the system makes room for one troop only, it does not give back 10 troops like it is supposed to. So on that note if I remove all my 25 merchants I would gain only 10 archers. While my other villages would give me back 250.
GrandMast

Post by GrandMast »

Another test, I removed existing toops and the system shows that I am how short 53 troops but will not let me add any more.
Please help as I am under attack and will loose this village completly within the next few days
GrandMast

Post by GrandMast »

Today I am now addting troops from other villages to top up for the missing ones. Not good
GrandMast

Post by GrandMast »

I see my village villager's counter 124/120 = 0. This cannot be zero as the number of villagers you have and the number of troops, merchants, scouts will never be the same. So there is the bug.
Why is my counter at zero?
What would make the counter be zero? - If you use all your villagers for troops then the counter drops to zero but the first number 124 would then drop the same number, since the max capacity is 124 and the value of zero that tells me the system is saying I have too many villagers and must use them but in actual fact I am short 163 now in spare space.
I am researching housing to see if that will change this number and I will report back if I notice a change but this is wrong. All my other villages do not work like this. So something changed 3 days ago.
GrandMast

Post by GrandMast »

Yes I have over 50,000 in gold coins to buy as many troops as I need.
GrandMast

Post by GrandMast »

I am newish to this game, only 6 months in but I catch on quickly.
So I do believe I have rationlised the reason this has happend. ;)
The system is working perfectly as programme, I do believe as you follow the logic map I drew up the cause and effect of how the game plays.
I got all my Hovels full
I did not research to increase them, that was my mistake.
My village map is full of buildings and I mean there is no room, even for a cross.
Too many buildings needing villagers to run them and not enough left over for the army.
So I over populated my village with un necesaary buildings just to fill all the space and this happens. nice one.
So now research to increase at least half the spaces now and I am sure to see this unlock.
Good luck everone else.
I consider this subject now closed. :D
GrandMast

Post by GrandMast »

Confirmation now that I have researched to increase Hovel size, I am now having villages come to village. This means there is a balance with just putting as many buildings as you want versus the size of your army. Very cleaver strategy.I waiting too late to increase hovel size and got into this problem. Don't get caught.
Good luck

Return to “Technical Help”