The ban of Karikalan

All discussion related to activity in Global Conflict World 7 should be posted here.
swash984

The ban of Karikalan

Post by swash984 »

Good day folks, We in H2 broke apart due to the unfair ban of a well known player Karikalan. They were not banned by an admin however, as you can still search their username up on the directory and view the account is still there.

1 week before war started, Karikalan also known as Meresh, received a warning form the current H14 members of the world that he would be banned if war started. Then, day 1 of H14 declaring against H2 Meresh was permanently banned due to somehow having an "email" attached to his account that was permanently banned. IT was changed by a user who went around the password authentication system, and or found his password in the SHK database. How convenient that he was banned the second H14 declared against us.

This also happened to him in Euro 7

Firefly chooses to do nothing about this, ignoring Meresh and players that respond about the matter.

We were also told that they have the ability to see all in game mail, and what do you know. Ukraine issue happened and a mass thread sent by a player across all worlds and servers adding everyone existed. So really, it's hard to say these claims are false after seeing the evidence.

This game is run by people who can ban anyone to get their way, the polish left for similar reasons. The old H19. Now we in H2 see why. It's because there's blatant cheating.

After all the money spent, time together, I'm pretty sure 10-20 money spenders are quitting the game permanently due to firefly blatantly ignoring the issue. Cause all you can do is shout at people in a thread to ignore it or mail ban them lol.

Remember if you're too strong of a player, they'll just hack into stronghold kingdoms and change your email on the account to permanent ban you, and firefly won't do jack.

If stronghold deletes this thread, you know fair and well they're hiding. I'll be screenshotting everything and making a video if that happens.
seberaud

Re: The ban of Karikalan

Post by seberaud »

it is a sad state of affairs when one of the good honest players gets banned because of no fault of his own. that our accounts are open to hackers is the fault of firefly. and that nothing is being done to resolve this issue is disgusting. players need to be aware that this situation that happened to meresh can happen to them. hopefully with enough players responding to this post we can get something done. after all we ask for is the game with fare play. seb
Seeker3211

Post by Seeker3211 »

I know I wont be spending any more money on this game. And I cant in good conscience invite any of my friends to try out this game because of this. More and more friends have decided to quit this game as well unless his account is reinstated as this sets a president. At any time you are doing well enough against the wrong people youll be banned and we currently expect nothing can be done about it. Unless this is fixed more and more people will start to leave the game. more that leave the less likely others will be willing to stick around. Lets be honest this is a social game. its not fast paced or has beautiful graphics, its the game play and community that keep this game relevant and youve just alienated half of the reason we have to play this game. If someone pays for a product, especially if they sink as much money into the game as he did, and doesnt violate any community terms of service their account shouldnt be taken away from them by other players in the game. Are you seriously implying that this is just another game mechanic? Everyone should now just have a dedicated group of people on either side of the conflict hacking into this game and banning their most valuable players.

bottom line is if someone doesnt want their account to be banned you shouldnt force them off the platform. Either reimburse him for the money he spent in the game if the account cant be recovered or reactivate his account because the ability for the enemy to ban anyone they choose and get away with it will kill this game.
ThisIsOldKnight

Post by ThisIsOldKnight »

Free Meresh! Firefly don't care about their own game as long. as monthly income from selling crowns is good. H14 cheating, playing a lot of alts, game is hacked but who cards? Maybe another cool boundle? Keep * on your own community :lol:
football0126

Post by football0126 »

This entire situation is a clear and obvious lack of security by Firefly Studios to protect user information and deter hacks of this nature. This lack of proper safeguards to protect to user information is borderline negligence and a case with proper authorities should be opened. To think this game has been around for 12 years and this type of situation happens is completely unimaginable.
JeetKuneDo

Post by JeetKuneDo »

Well said swash984
Problem here is the only way they can beat us is to hack our game and get us banned H19 & H14 know this
as an ex Honey Badger we kicked there butts in GC6 era 1 and then leave just to see if we were still the best guest what ye we were . Getting remesh banned just proves this they cant fight us .

This goes with my old team mates you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4_1FZ4rD_k&t=135s
still FF done jack they will do jack here as a player from alpha server I wont be spending any more here bye bye FF and FF you .

And for you info FF is registered in the british virgin islands which is a tax haven and they also have a russian investor since they had a company dissolved umm thats why they an hack.
lipovsek5

Post by lipovsek5 »

this was a completely targeted ban and even though i think even the admins themselves can realize that, they simply either can not or do not want to do anything about it. It is simply impossible to play like this if it is that easy to get through security and cause problems. The mail hack is also a big problem and i think that firefly simply has to upgrade security and control over servers is they plan to keep this game worthy of playing.

I would like to add, that after the ban I reached out to the admins about the ban itself because I was confused about an immediate permanent ban. And the response itself left me even more confused, the ban happened because someone clearly broke into the account and triggered the account delete option, which karikalan never confirmed (because it was thrown in the junk mail and he did not see it), because he obviously did not want to delete his account, but he still lost access to his account.

Somehow Vacation Mode got triggered and he got a confirmation the account was deleted, but the villages are still there and the vacation mode is still active so that account still exists somewhere and am pretty sure it can still be recovered.

In my opinion what happened is the hacker changed the account information and used an already banned e-mail address instead of the one our friend was using. I also got a confirmation that the account is not registered to the e-mail account that our player karikalan used as the login to account address which makes absolutely no sense because he did not change it.

This is not just our problem, it is a systematic problem going on for years now, bans have become a extremely common thing and it is getting more and more difficult to fight a fair war, so please do something about it
Arwen Ravenspur

Post by Arwen Ravenspur »

I agree with all of the above comments. Human beings (and even some animals) have an innate sense of fairness. All of us who play this game know that it is hard to win without spending money, and we accept that much unfairness. Banning and/or hacking Karikalan is another whole level of injustice. I am not aware of anything that he did to deserve it. Firefly should have a recognized policy with regard to banning and due process for defending oneself against the charges, particularly when there is money involved. It is practically criminal to take a player's money and treat them this way. A lot of people are at the breaking point with this game, particularly because of the lack of security and Firefly's apathetic attitude about it.
MilneR31

Post by MilneR31 »

yo firefly please unban our member Karikalan this is bullcrap he gets ban and then h14 set war agenst us I'm sorry but we have 4 houses in this sever and we ALL will be leaving this game, the security is appalling i will stop spending any more money until the security is upgraded and our member is reinstalled back to us. as it goes this game is now a joke and we are not happy with the way our members are being treated so please do as we ask or you will be the ones that lose out in the end. this is truly unfair many thanks MilneR31 PS we know H 14 called for the ban before they declared war on us.
Lady Insightful

Post by Lady Insightful »

This player is not and has never been banned. That the player has told people this but has never once contacted Support with any issues with his account suggests that he has some reason to not wish to continue to play. If he is having an issue with his account he should contact Support about it personally.

Return to “Global Conflict 7 Lounge [Closed]”