Questions regarding wolf world (a returning player)

The Wolf, The Pig, The Snake and The Rat are back with an unquenchable thirst for blood. We need you to rise to the challenge to hold your defences against them, raze their castles to the ground, and send them fleeing with their tails between their legs!
InsaneOne

Questions regarding wolf world (a returning player)

Post by InsaneOne »

Hi, its been a couple of years since i stopped playing this game (still my favorite game as always)

Now i am getting interested in this PVE world and starting to play again

There are several questions which i am wondering:

1. Is is hard to defend captain attacks from AI assuming i had all the defend researches completed? Must i interdict myself whenever i go to bed?
2. Can you interdict yourself if you have only one village?
3. Are the player factions peace with each other? I am kind of neutral because i want to PVE only, so if players are peace with each other i would like to join a faction
4. Is there a discord server or any sort of easier communication platform for this world?
Sudden1

Re: Questions regarding wolf world (a returning player)

Post by Sudden1 »

1, the wolf is very hard when invading 400 catas, must be online to defend.
2. yep you can, you can lose that village
3 yes factions are peaceful, but there are always those who , want things their way.
4. dont know about discord server
InsaneOne

Post by InsaneOne »

lol my second village got razed right after 3 day peace time ended by a neighboring wolf with 5 consecutive attacks, it got me on the 3rd

whooping 1100 man army on the 3rd one how do i even defend that

this was my defense before it got crushed...

Any tips on how to defend such attacks ?
I managed to repair it and restored troops on the first but not afterward, could i win if i stacked with full resources and weapons and troops to restore the castle?
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

To win against the attacking Ai...you MUST be online to repair between attacks and have lots of STONE

To prevent Captain attacks from the Anchor(s), you must ID before the Anchor(s), however, it will not stop non-Captain attacks which are weaker anyway.
InsaneOne

Post by InsaneOne »

thanks for the tip, yea i did repair each attack just not enough stones and troops sadly.
my peace time ended during the anchor cool downs, but the neighbor wolf just sent 5 attacks immediately lol
guess its just bad luck? or they send 1 or 5 attacks on specific condition?
Last edited by InsaneOne on Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Mzz

Post by _Mzz »

Remember to always use pitch when defending, it's recommended that instead of putting 400 archers in the walls you use about 80-100 pikes on agressive, get sally forth cuz they help a lot, use all balistas available, try capturing a castle with bombards, use moat, if you want to tank a wolf invasion while online you prolly need at least 100k stone so increase capacity and or ID when the anchor for pig/wolf attack lits up, there's a lot of ways to fight against the IA attacks just gotta find the one that fits your condition best.
InsaneOne

Post by InsaneOne »

I havent move on with pitch researches yet, only level 1 to have it start producing when i am doing other stuffs, will add more later on.
i have about 50-70 pikeman filled on the path and center point if that is enough.
moat vs stone wall which is better? best if mix of both?
does bombard means massive catapult attack?
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Moat is generally better imo
_Mzz

Post by _Mzz »

You can try building something like this, had to improvise a bit to fit the bombard there and "protect" it and lost a lot of pitch pots against a recent wolf invasion but still you can get the gist of it, if I had more pitch pots I would put some in the middle of the moat, that will make my defence that much better, but gotta rebuild the smelters first :P.

Anyway I don't think it's worth doing pitch monsters in the IA world but they could prolly get you through 3-4 wolf attacks when you're offline. Saddly they're too expensive to build and maintain...

Edit:

https://gyazo.com/95ec3ae44d68b9856fd97542d3f3c802

Had to download gyazo cuz the forum said my print screen was too big to be anexed (wich it isn't...)
InsaneOne

Post by InsaneOne »

thanks for sharing your castle build, and i think yours probably the best setup to defend wolf attack

i just got captured again by a 5 wolf attacks from nearby village while i was sleeping,
they got me on the 5th attack this time

my castle build was filled with max (i think) ballista and turret sadly wasnt enough still

so i think your build is probably better - more moats on the inside so it doesnt get bombarded by catapults all the way in
this is the second time they send 5 attacks to me (both werent even invasions), i feel unfair but nothing we can do about
all we can do is look for the best build that could survive the wolf attacks

again thanks for sharing! and i have learned alot eventhough my castle got destroyed

Return to “Wrath of the Wolf”