devs dont get it

All discussion related to activity in Global Conflict World 6 should be posted here.
DontBeaWuss

Re: devs dont get it

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Zanoma wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:18 pm "2. Discord Alert System – We investigated this system when it was originally brought to our attention to ensure that it was not mishandling any sensitive data or ‘hacking’ our game client in anyway. We can confirm that no sensitive data is at risk with this API and all the data it collects is readily available in the client. This is no different to third party websites that exist for many Online MMO games like Destiny’s Item Manager or World of Warcraft's REST API. While we do not plan to officially support this kind of API, we also have no intention to stop its use and are actually exploring ways in which we could potentially implement these kinds of statistics directly in the client for our players in the future."

i dont care that much about the discord alert system, anyone can see captains moving on the map so its inevitable.
I care however about it telling players the TYPE of attack that is being sent. I can't tell if the captain heading for my village is there to raze me or to scare me, DAS users can. I've been captain pillaging a H19 player all week whenever their ID dropped with no response yet the moment someone sent a raze they carded in a castle. With the current response by FF it seems they dont get how this gives an advantage to Disc Alert Bot users that is not available to other players.
This Discord Alert System sounds NOTHING like Destiny's Item Manager or WOW's Rest Api. The latter gives help with stats and organising stuff while the former gives an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE to players about TYPES of attacks heading their way. Imo, they should make this a priority to fix now that the other priorities have been made safe.
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

let me get this discord alert system.
It gives away is it pillage, vandal, capture or raze?
This matter very little.

I dont need discord allert system but i can tell you:
if there are 2 timed attacks it will be pillage.
If there is 3 or more timed attacks it will be raze or capture.
You can figure out is it cap or raze depending on enemy number of villages and distance from village that its attacked.

Now dont post on forum at least until you have few wars in your hands so you know this things
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

hehe yeah definitelly pillage is coming on small village which has no buildings.

im actually helping you with puting you down. Truth is im saying, but you can change and improve. Game is super simple.

Instead players whine on forums after each war they lose from same guys last 10 maps
Mr Custard

Post by Mr Custard »

I think i've been in a few wars, and cheating is cheating, If someone knows whats coming they dont have to think even about using cards. Us mortals who don't cheat do have to think, and spend money To stay in the game
Chaosu

Post by Chaosu »

Mr Custard wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:28 pm I think i've been in a few wars, and cheating is cheating, If someone knows whats coming they dont have to think even about using cards. Us mortals who don't cheat do have to think, and spend money To stay in the game
What? You always use cards to burn as many enemy catapults as possible. It's second most limited resource after faith. (maybe parish gold is second but it's less important)

Bots detecting attack type give unfair advantage but you can just adjust, consider pillages and ransacks non existent.
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

Mr Custard wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:28 pm I think i've been in a few wars, and cheating is cheating, If someone knows whats coming they dont have to think even about using cards. Us mortals who don't cheat do have to think, and spend money To stay in the game
i figure very soon that very demoralizing for 9 out of 10 players is when they fail to raze someone.

instead when they get razed, its 1 out of 10 get demoralized.

as one of those who are leading always that was staple to make strategy. As leader you need to keep moral of players. If you cant do that you will lose.

Return to “Global Conflict 6 Lounge (Closed)”