Carders, bots, ALTs, tokens, justice and balance.

Share in-game news and stories here.
The Silent Baron

Carders, bots, ALTs, tokens, justice and balance.

Post by The Silent Baron »

I have played this game more than I should. I have bought more crowns than I should.
Over the years have put tickets in on bots and ALTs.

Mainly I would say FF apathy of action over the recent years has led to where we are.

FF lack action meant for many years that the game has seriously been out of balance therefore unjust. The cheating, lol, has almost balanced out in world's by the simple fact that it appears every Tom * and Harry makes an alt or gets a bot.

F fly really should have banned people years ago but did not. Therefore by convention, allowed it.

Now people get banned. Yet reasons and tickets are not answered. That should never happen but does. Anyway, back to balance and fairness.
Is it fair for for non carders to compete against carders, YES, because it's a choice.
Is it fair for FF not to apply the rules years ago when tickets were submitted against botter and ALTs, NOPE, they allowed it though by default. Therefore is unfair on the botter, alt, to be suddenly banned with crowns invested. You can not allow it one day then ban it the next.
Is botting and alting wrong. YEP. Is it unfair on those that don't, YEP. Is it the same arguement as cards v non carders, choice, originally no, but after FF allowing it for years changes that to a yes as it has become a choice. To bot or not.
Allowing botting and alting for so long has pretty much led to sides becoming more balanced on a larger world, as the proportions become similar. This has been achieved through yrs of non intervention by FF.
To suddenly apply the rules will now upset that balance. No one really wins as a result.
The token idea, is to provide some semblance of fairness and balance. It would be available to all, make the game less of a grind, improve player take up, enjoyment, increase revenues.
I do not suggest all the feature the bit users have are incorporated but some. A simple notification to your phone would be nice.
Anyway the conversation goes in circles, I am after finding a semblance of fairness that keeps all players happy and playing.
I compete because I card. I chose to. Would I spend extra and get a token worth my time. YEP.
Would botters have anything to complain about if token existed. NOPE. Could a non carders use it, YEP token is an equal access choice.
At the end of the day, the people that bot are likely to be the ones that spend more on crowns throughout the year. So FF because you did not stop these issues at outset as asked, it is now time to bring balance and fairness back whilst updating the game. TOKEN TOKEN TOKEN TOKEN TOKEN and oh yeah TOKEN.
Last edited by The Silent Baron on Thu May 28, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silent Baron

Re: Carders, bots, ALTs, tokens, justice and balance.

Post by The Silent Baron »

Rather than * and moan at each other let's move forward.

People may well simply come back to me and say botting and alting is cheating therefore stop it and ban people. Full stop.

Unfortunately FF didn't over the years, by default that means they allowed it. Full stop.

Do not get me wrong, I do not condone it, but years ago was the right time. Allowing it to happen means they were happy with it happening. Of course that's not true, but they did not act so it becomes true.

We need a clean slate for people, a new start to get out of this pickle, I think.

Anyway I invite thoughts for FF to consider. Not * or moaning, but a practical answer, allowing us to move on so I can raze you all in the next world. Hahaha.
Oh did I not mention that word this time.
TOKEN.
Kadael

Re: Carders, bots, ALTs, tokens, justice and balance.

Post by Kadael »

While I agree fighting the source of the ability to hack would be the right move, it might simply not be doable right now (but should've happened years ago for sure), with 2 games on the go in production alongside reduced staffing with Covid-19, banning people is the best we'll get for now.

As for people saying they're being banned for botting and not botting, if you are genuine you should ticket and state why you are not, with any info that may look bot-esque. FF have access to other tools so if said people are lying, they'll know.

But yeah it is what it is.
former Firefly Site/Games Moderator : 2009-2012

Return to “Player News”