Additional Action Taken Against Bot Users

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lord Alacrity

Additional Action Taken Against Bot Users

Post by Lord Alacrity »

In response to community concerns, today we have banned a further 20 accounts for clear use of a particular third-party program or "bot" that interacts with Stronghold Kingdoms. Like the previously banned accounts, these accounts have been permanently banned and can never be recovered.

We are continuing to investigate the use of third party programs in Stronghold Kingdoms across all accounts and anticipate issuing further bans in the future regardless of rank, past payments, or in-game status.

We hope that this serves as a final warning to any players continuing to use this bot.
MiladySkye

Re: Additional Action Taken Against Bot Users

Post by MiladySkye »

Thank you. It's nice to know that FF is finally cracking down on cheaters, but I hope you extend it to include ALL BOT USE . . . not just this particular one.
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
Croat232

Post by Croat232 »

Thank you FF
beer wench

Post by beer wench »

Lord Alacrity wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:48 pm In response to community concerns, today we have banned a further 20 accounts for clear use of a particular third-party program or "bot" that interacts with Stronghold Kingdoms. Like the previously banned accounts, these accounts have been permanently banned and can never be recovered.

We are continuing to investigate the use of third party programs in Stronghold Kingdoms across all accounts and anticipate issuing further bans in the future regardless of rank, past payments, or in-game status.

We hope that this serves as a final warning to any players continuing to use this bot.
even your "privileged" customers via lexflax?
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

HelloItMe wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:38 pm The so called "cheating bot" is simple the premium token they need to make. The bot is not a miracle function, it only automate some done basic functions. dommy work..
It's still a bot that's not allowed to be used.....the premium token allows an event within it's own parish only and happens about once every 3 hours or something like that.....having a bot running around in all areas for 24/7 is an entirely different and cheating manner, good grief..sounds like you are using them!
Imuks76

Post by Imuks76 »

Thanks,finally action against cheaters.But bot with premium still allowed? Many use bot and premium,and not banned,it is allowed?
Kadael

Post by Kadael »

Imuks76 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:58 am Thanks,finally action against cheaters.But bot with premium still allowed? Many use bot and premium,and not banned,it is allowed?
With or without is irrelevant, at least that's what FF have said. Use a bot with one, banned. Use a bot without, banned. (If caught.)
former Firefly Site/Games Moderator : 2009-2012
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

As part of our continuing investigation and in response to community concerns we have taken action against additional accounts. We are continuing to monitor this situation and will take additional action as needed.
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

i dont use bot. But who have family and work. They use bot so they dont spend time trading and doing things. So i dont really judge them.

..it is in war time that matters. To be active. But in peace time..its ok if bot do your * so you dont have to spend lot of time in game

id botworks against you. anyone can activate it..and then it gives away when you are offline.YOu get razed by non timed armys.
In war good players turn off id bot.
what is important FOR ME. That my teamates dont do multi accounts.

Bot scouting is bad..it turns new players from game. That need to be taken action. But yellow then red card. Firefly First warn, then 2nd time ban.

especially veteran players you shouldnt ban straight away.
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

For me game is over. If my teamates are baned. Im not playing anymore. Niether of us.

we defeated those were undefeated in G5.

we done all in SHK. we can go, no problem

maybe in 3-5y we come back to see new faces how they fight.

Return to “News & Client Updates”