statement

Global Conflict 4 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
cyy20000828

statement

Post by cyy20000828 »

I am a Chinese. I found in the game that the title of the person who occupied Taiwan is actually a king. As is known to all, Taiwan is an inalienable territory of China. In the game, it implies that Taiwan is a country. This is a disrespect for China's sovereignty and territorial integrity. This is a provocative act that should be stopped and changed immediately.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Re: statement

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

I am American. If Firefly has a map with San Juan in Puerto Rico as a Kingdom, I don't care. I don't feel threatened by Puerto Rico, they are nice people.
cyy20000828

Post by cyy20000828 »

I can't understand what you said, maybe my English has limited ability. But in the game, Taiwan cannot be said to be a country.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

You have been subjected to political programming.

It is absurd to feel threatened by a map created by Europeans that depicts political capitals in Asia during the medieval time period.

Firefly does not understand the USA map as indicated by South West Carolina vs. Western South Carolina. I don't care as it does not really matter. You should not care either.

I have been to Formosa. These are fine people. Your insecurity over a game map is rather sad.

- Deke
captkirk

Post by captkirk »

I like how you use the word "inalienable" when Taiwan claims to be an independent country. China has no control over anything that happens on the island. So, do the Chinese really have any say in the matter?
Timotious

Post by Timotious »

Taiwan, officially the Republic of China (ROC), is a state in East Asia.[16][17][18] Neighbouring states include the People's Republic of China (PRC) to the west, Japan to the northeast, and the Philippines to the south. The island of Taiwan has an area of 35,808 square kilometres (13,826 sq mi), with mountain ranges dominating the eastern two thirds and plains in the western third, where its highly urbanised population is concentrated. Taipei is the capital and largest metropolitan area. Other major cities include Kaohsiung, Taichung, Tainan and Taoyuan. With 23.5 million inhabitants, Taiwan is among the most densely populated states, and is the most populous state and largest economy that is not a member of the United Nations (UN).
Taiwanese indigenous peoples inhabited the island of Taiwan for thousands of years before the 17th century, when Dutch rule opened the island to mass Han immigration. After a brief rule by the Kingdom of Tungning, the island was annexed in 1683 by the Qing dynasty of China, and ceded to the Empire of Japan in 1895. Following the surrender of Japan in 1945, the Republic of China, which had overthrown and succeeded the Qing in 1911, took control of Taiwan on behalf of the World War II Allies. The resumption of the Chinese Civil War led to the loss of the mainland to the Communist Party of China and the flight of the ROC government to Taiwan in 1949. Although the ROC government continued to claim to be the legitimate representative of China, since 1950 its effective jurisdiction has been limited to Taiwan and several small islands. In the early 1960s, Taiwan entered a period of rapid economic growth and industrialization called the "Taiwan Miracle". In the 1980s and early 1990s, the ROC changed from a one-party military dictatorship to a multi-party democracy with a semi-presidential system.
As a founding member, the ROC represented China in the UN until the PRC replaced it in 1971. The PRC has consistently claimed sovereignty over Taiwan and refused diplomatic relations with any country that recognises the ROC. Taiwan maintains official ties with 16 out of 193 UN member states. Most international organisations in which the PRC participates either refuse to grant membership to Taiwan or allow it to participate only as a non-state actor; most major powers maintain unofficial ties with Taiwan through representative offices and institutions that function as de facto embassies and consulates. Domestically, the major political division is between parties favouring eventual Chinese unification and promoting a Chinese identity contrasted with those aspiring to independence and promoting Taiwanese identity, although both sides have moderated their positions to broaden their appeal.[19][20]
Taiwan is a high-income country[21][22] with a skilled and educated workforce.[23][24] Its export-oriented industrial economy is the 21st-largest in the world, with sectors including steel, machinery, electronics and chemicals manufacturing. The state is ranked highly in terms of civil and political liberties,[25] education, health care[26] and human development.[e][27] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan
WaywardChampion

Post by WaywardChampion »

cyy20000828 wrote:In the game, it implies that Taiwan is a country. This is a disrespect for China's sovereignty and territorial integrity. This is a provocative act that should be stopped and changed immediately.
Taiwan IS its own country and has been recognized as such for a longer period of time than the PRC (Peoples Republic of China). The only thing "provocative and disrespectful" here is the PRC's attitude towards this free and independent nations sovereignty.

If anything needs to be changed immediately, it is your obvious disregard for any of Taiwan's citizens who may be playing here.

Return to “Global Conflict 4 Lounge (Closed)”