Firefly to explain why they encourgae alt accounts

Share in-game news and stories here.
Lord God Almighty

Firefly to explain why they encourgae alt accounts

Post by Lord God Almighty »

I'd love to hear from someone actually important in Firefly to explain why they not only allow alternate player accounts but actively encourage it by saying :

5. Players sharing an Internet Connection.

Players who are sharing the same connection should not trade or reinforce each other. Nor should they capture each others villages. The game will automatically detect if you are on the same connection and limit what can be done.

If you are using a shared connection, which uses the same public IP address for all players on this connection, you will be unable to perform certain actions. Shared IPs will happen if players are on the same network, i.e. people in the same house/office.

These actions are:
•Voting for or by influencing with monks in an election, players on the same connection.
•Making a vassal or becoming a liege lord to players on the same connection.
•Reinforcing players on the same connection
•Using monks (Interdict, Absolution and Excommunicate) on players on the same connection.
•Trading with players on the same connection.
•Attacking the same common target (humans only) as players on the same connection.

It's possible that people on the same ISP with dynamic IPs may get the same IP.

Players with a Premium Token in play are not subject to this IP restriction.

I draw your attention to the last sentence in the "rule". So its basically a free for all as long as Firefly get their precious money from the players instead of creating a good gaming platform. It used to be a good game but when whole new worlds are dead within 90 days why even bother?

I doubt any meaningful reply will come, but we live in hope. Proably get me banned for calling out Firefly for this treatment of their paying customers
DontBeaWuss

Re: Firefly to explain why they encourgae alt accounts

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Lord Benevolent wrote:Playing with more than one account on a world is a violation of the rules and will get you banned.
Two players sharing the same account is a violation of the rules and will get you banned.

No Premium Token will change that. Ever.

Sorry to say but there are shedloads of players with more than one account on each world and many openly say they have more than one account per world...wake up FF!
Valhallas

Post by Valhallas »

I had to reply on this post because the admin is correct here, they do act on it...only thing is they do not necessarily act on it..we have provided countless amounts of proof and messages from the players themselves who are using alts and openly admitting to it and even when we report then and provide proof we get the same automated message followed by 0 consequences towards these players.

We spend tons and tons of money on this game to help support the devs and Firefly..why not return the favour by putting in extra work to ensure we all have a safe playing environment??..
Imperitus Rex

Re: Firefly to explain why they encourgae alt acc that should be acted on immediately and player should be permanently o

Post by Imperitus Rex »

Why is Ff taking so long to respond to proven violations sent be email with proof

Example, a week ago I sent an email with a screen shot of a player who was blackmailing for $$$$ or he would troll us

This is the type of be
Imperitus Rex

Re: Firefly to explain why they encourgae alt acc that should be acted on immediately and player should be permanently o

Post by Imperitus Rex »

Why is Ff taking so long to respond to proven violations sent be email with proof

Example, a week ago I sent an email with a screen shot of a player who was blackmailing for $$$$ or he would troll us

This is the type of be
Imperitus Rex

Post by Imperitus Rex »

Platers name was Marekknd on Islands world and should be banned for attempting to blackmail players for cash
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

This thread is about 18 months old and only in the last couple of weeks, some players are getting banned for using bots. Are there any investigations in the pipeline about multiple accounts? I know FF you are a business and busy with multiple things, targets, deadlines etc to contend with but surely you could employ a couple of students or take the time to watch what's happening and investigate the info supplied in mails and tickets. ?
Kadael

Post by Kadael »

Perhaps a mod group revival is in order ;D
former Firefly Site/Games Moderator : 2009-2012
beer wench

Post by beer wench »

Kadael wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:38 pm Perhaps a mod group revival is in order ;D
mayby too late ..
Kadael

Post by Kadael »

Never say never and all that jazz :P
former Firefly Site/Games Moderator : 2009-2012

Return to “Player News”