Excessive Alt Account players. Firefly doesn't care.

Global Conflict 4 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
Valhallas

Re: Excessive Alt Account players. Firefly doesn't care.

Post by Valhallas »

The main issue is u can have multiple phones or tablets, use VPN or I'm guessing if u use Mobile Data to play SHK and ur internet to play it on an alt account they csnt identify it due to the mobile data account...hard to pinpoint...plus they make soo much money from us even with all their flaws they dont need to fix them...as sad as it is everybody comes back or stays on the game although it's not fair...Firegly sees this and obviously dont need to react as much except for the occasional response here and there on the forums...sad but it's just business I guess
Mr Custard

Post by Mr Custard »

Lord Benevolent wrote:
Lord God Almighty wrote:Oh please Firefly are NOT interested in "opening investigations about bot players" You even encourage it as long as they buy Premium tokens you could care less!!!!!
Another map killed because Firefly are only interested in money and not providing a decent game experience. Firefly have been using the same excuse for the 7 years I've been playing and it wont change
By the Lord God Almighty, stop spreading this misonformation. Half-truths like these are partially responsible for a lack of trust in the community. Be better than this.
As I've had to point out in another thread:

Playing with more than one account on a world is a violation of the rules and will get you banned.
Two players sharing the same account is a violation of the rules and will get you banned.

No Premium Token will change that. Ever.

The automatic IP-restrictions make it less enticing to play on multiple accounts, they are not an enforcement of the rules though. I repeat: Playing a Premium Token does not absolve players of the rules. It simply gives families and living communities a chance to enjoy the game together while offering little additional value to those who play multiple accounts.
Utter rubbish. the Russian players freely admit they use alts. It even states in the game rules it is fine if a premium token is used. Dressed up in lawyer speak admittedly. Anyways doesn't matter after 8 years I'm done with it all. Its fine fighting one on one, but the misuse is rampant now. I'll find something else, as are many many others. We won't be back. Good luck selling a game that encourages cheating for profit.
trickthat

Post by trickthat »

Mr Custard wrote:
Lord Benevolent wrote:
Lord God Almighty wrote:Oh please Firefly are NOT interested in "opening investigations about bot players" You even encourage it as long as they buy Premium tokens you could care less!!!!!
Another map killed because Firefly are only interested in money and not providing a decent game experience. Firefly have been using the same excuse for the 7 years I've been playing and it wont change
By the Lord God Almighty, stop spreading this misonformation. Half-truths like these are partially responsible for a lack of trust in the community. Be better than this.

Playing with more than one account on a world is a violation of the rules and will get you banned.
Two players sharing the same account is a violation of the rules and will get you banned.

The automatic IP-restrictions make it less enticing to play on multiple accounts, they are not an enforcement of the rules though. I repeat: Playing a Premium Token does not absolve players of the rules. It simply gives families and living communities a chance to enjoy the game together while offering little additional value to those who play multiple accounts.
Utter rubbish. the Russian players freely admit they use alts. It even states in the game rules it is fine if a premium token is used. Dressed up in lawyer speak admittedly. Anyways doesn't matter after 8 years I'm done with it all. Its fine fighting one on one, but the misuse is rampant now. I'll find something else, as are many many others. We won't be back. Good luck selling a game that encourages cheating for profit.[/quote

It's not just the alt issue that is making me quit, I'm pretty close to quitting because the new game rules also promote bullying and I'm tired of being bullied, alts or not, by these childish players who play all day long and do nothing but harass people for the sake of harassment. I see it on so many worlds, I've asked for changes to the cooperative world, garnered support on the issue and got nothing in return except retaliation by the game makers, in game, turning down the screws even further on us. I've tried to be positive, report countless bugs, help in any way I can. It's a shame, I think they know they are the only game of their kind, but they won't take advice from a business coach on ways to make the final tweaks that could make this game a real success-instead the drive good people away...
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I think ive been away from shk for 2 month now. Its been great.

The game itself could be good but now ai worlds have made it worse then ever. You have players with unlimited points who play every world and get kill off the spirit on every server.

You have cheaters in every world and nothing happens. You have to play the game endlessly if you want to win or cling to the winning house.

Im glad I.quit im.fairly certain I wont be back I reccomend anyone who is sick to.just uninstall the game and move on...first habe fun and blow through your cards..
Lunks

Post by Lunks »

Mr Custard wrote:
Lord Benevolent wrote:

Utter rubbish. the Russian players freely admit they use alts. It even states in the game rules it is fine if a premium token is used. Dressed up in lawyer speak admittedly. Anyways doesn't matter after 8 years I'm done with it all. Its fine fighting one on one, but the misuse is rampant now. I'll find something else, as are many many others. We won't be back. Good luck selling a game that encourages cheating for profit.
BETA W2 had its share of alts, but many of those players did their best to pretend it was a family member. Once I started playing GC-servers it became the norm to see alts everywhere. The Russian [gaming] culture [in SHK] is one where the rules don't apply to them. The blatant cheating made for a horrible SHK experience, so much so we accused them of cheating (justly) and they accused us of paying the devs when they got banned.

I have yet to find a good MMORTS to replace SHK, but I do visit the forums periodically to see how this game continues to dwindle. I want to defend the devs/mods, but they walk a fine line of honesty and generating more profitability. Best example is how they opened new counties in W2 to instigate wars and to prolong them. All discussed in my post history 7 years ago.

Edit: To include [comments] that limited my generalization.
JustAnotherFarmer

Post by JustAnotherFarmer »

posts about russian alts in a gc4 forum :lol: what meatball said is king of true, but i feel it was more of a point on gc1 and other maps. gc4 had no big issues. players ranked up normally and the for now winning houses are mostly not russian. my account was rather fresh too and everything was as always in a pay2win game compensatable with effort time investment and money ;) dont blame game rules for such. the rules are honestly perfect against massive alt accounting as ranks are needed for id and such and fp limited. such problems were so much bigger on age worlds. i will after gc4 probably also quit, but more because there is no competition on the enemy side anymore for veteran players than because the game is worse than before. honestly i like it way more the way it is now as the fighting house wins and not like on most age worlds the farmers who come online after 1 or 2 years
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

JustAnotherFarmer wrote: i will after gc4 probably also quit, but more because there is no competition on the enemy side anymore for veteran players than because the game is worse than before. honestly i like it way more the way it is now as the fighting house wins and not like on most age worlds the farmers who come online after 1 or 2 years

why do you kill compettition before players grow? This become strategy nowdays "kill them now and scare them away from map so we can win"
But If they grow, then only we can have great war at some point.

usa 5 is same , all best players sit in one house, and slowly kill other houses 1 by 1 so they dont grow. Its day 30 and we see they attacked allready 4-5 houses.
Now usa maps are westerner only servers and there is no russians to blame.

Last 2 great wars in this game, we had were in island map 2 years ago, in age1 when two 20mil houses confronted, and last year war when west (20mil points) try to take away gc2 from russians (35mil), lasted through age1,2 and 3, and we failed.
Gc1 war was good until russians decided to quit in age 1.

era rules are fast, researches and resources should be speed up also.
JustAnotherFarmer

hmm era worlds are as fast as age worlds. after age 1 age worlds are dead. era rules make good game till final age. so i feel the time that is actively played is about the same.

the guys who destroyed usa 5 were fighting us on gc4 and fled to usa 5. they had more crownprinces than our side, but didnt try to ally with anyone and so gave the first era away. maybe later there will be still a new enemy. we let people grow. we just got declared on day 30 or something so yeah problem there. killing small guys isnt easy though. on age worlds you can easy bully as razing small ranks doesnt cost. on era maps my cp razes an alderman for 8 or 10 mio honor. so it is quite a cost and not easy to do in long run for most. people should actually try to play era maps it seems most who complain didnt give it a real try
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

i ment era rules worlds finnish much faster then age worlds. so far was 1 year enough to finnish them.
Players complain its not enough time to finnish properly researches.

new players grow with old players. Blacklists become popular and thats main problem we have, it reflects on quality bec new ones have nobody to learn from.
JustAnotherFarmer

hmm yeah kinda true, but also there arent so many veterans left to teach guys. on gc4 i had the impression that i barely knew anyone when i looked at the leaderboards the first maybe 14 days xD but whoever asks questions gets a good answer from me and when people are active and wanna join a faction they get teached usually. funny enough i felt many new guys from mobile version also played this map and in politics and stuff like that they were messing much up. joining a faction and getting to learn from a veteran shk player is key here and i dont know if most people still try to do that.

for the time i said that age maps are for me only interesting in age 1 so 1 year for that is ok. for an era map thats a good time too. by that time the server is most often decided. i have a real high money investment into shk so my research is no issue xD had the 500 done after maybe 2 weeks.

the experience of the active players gets less and less so i think your right about us needing to train people more and give knowledge to our groups. many wars you fight are so easy or also in other way your mates do stupid mistakes and you ask yourself how can such be. community needs to bring the * bit closer together again i would agree with you on that. first step would though be to actually play the worlds xD even as neutral faction or whatever gc4 had been a blast to just farm it up and get to know new people. neutrals were let alone here quite nicely.

Return to “Global Conflict 4 Lounge (Closed)”