new AI world

All discussion related to activity in the heretic world should be posted here.
Rillouto

Re: new AI world

Post by Rillouto »

there will not have a new AI world .....
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Rascher wrote:As it might be useful to map of Island Warfare, introduce - another side of the conflict which will be paladins.Players will have the opportunity to join to one or the other side of the conflict (Wolf / Paladin), however, NPCs will be abble to resp and attack only on the same regions of the map (Islands)
for example 5 islands Paladin and 5 islands for the wolf and 3 islands for players (starter + battle player vs player for glory) NPCs should vote for the highest rank player in the parish. A site with less players should be capable of frequent invasions and villages respawn. if someone will be interested I can write a full story for a new world :) I think that these ideas are to be realized in a very short time :)

Thanks
Rascher
I like this idea!
amerix wrote:Would be funny though, if they would add Paladins to the next AI world. Have them reinforce you randomly ;)
Or that they'll try to counter an AI captain that gets to your village... :)
Probably quite hard to code though ^^
I like this idea too!
Valhallas wrote:Well, in the video they did say next 'Wolf World' would have it's own unique map instead of playing on a real world map which I think it's cool because I'm tired of fighting on real world locations maybe a whole new map would be neat
Ummm... we did? That's news to me. :)
Bglizard wrote:The island warfare map for this could be really cool it would make it much more strategical as the AI wouldn't be able to expand as easily into neighboring counties due to distance
I tend to agree.
WaywardChampion wrote:Sadly with the change to the era ruleset on any new "normal" worlds, the only enjoyment I get from SHK is from the AI worlds.
We'd love to get some useful feedback about what you specifically don't like about the Eras. There's a whole thread where you can see the proposed changes and comment. If you just say "it sucks" then you have no one to blame but yourself. We're willing to listen and make changes, but that can't happen without useful feedback.
Rillouto wrote:there will not have a new AI world .....
All you did was complain about how this one was way too hard and you were quitting, yet I see you still at the top of the leaderboards with 24 villages. Obviously we will need to make the next AI world a bit more difficult, since this one doesn't seem to have provided much of a challenge for you. :)
Kaitar wrote:I've had a lot of people in my house asking me if there will be a new heretic type world. I keep telling them there has been no word on a new heretic, but when this world started you said 10 glory round and we are about to finish the 10th.
Still goes to 10 rounds, keep an eye on the news section for information on the next AI world coming this year. :)
Rillouto

Post by Rillouto »

i will quitting at the end, i like the the rankings ,it's very interresting in this world :) you want to open a new AI world more difficult ? well, if you think 5 X 186 catas (or sometimes 10X 186 ) on the same side of the castle it's not difficult,but just a "challenge", it seem you never had played at this game dear friend ... because i was talking about an area where the anchors are active 24/24 7/7 ... abused ...
de grijze jager

Post by de grijze jager »

I got some more suggestions:

1. Instead of only armies maybe it would be fun to have inquisition and blessing? Like(shoutout to Amerix) have paladins bless the parish and bad AI inquisite it. Also, maybe it is possible to get more people to your village if you bless the parish, like 10 people instead of 5. (Quite reasonable because the marriage should bring babys ;) )

2. Create a map with difficulty levels. In heretic there are regions which have more invasion ankers than other regions. Turkey for instance has 2 ankers, where GB only has 1. This results in more invasions on Turkey than GB. Use this to create a Tier 1-4 level system in the map.

Tier 1: Rats, low bonus to wheel spins
Tier 2: Snakes, average bonus
Tier 3: Pigs, more bonus
Tier 4: Wolfs, ultimate bonus

Use this tier system to increase the chance on getting wheel spins. I liked the heretic killstreak though, so maybe some of that could be saved?

3. Refering to the map. I never really liked the europe map, maybe it would be fun not to use a realistic map, but one that would enhance the game features. The different difficulty levels in my 2nd suggestions for example.

4. Mercenaries. Make it possible for a community to buy a invasion. A paladin Invasion for example :mrgreen:

5. Remove or change the scout wheel spins. This is regarding to players that only use the world for getting cards(or players that use hacked clients/bots). Change it so that you would have to be in a higher tier level to get an actual good rate of wheel spins. In heretic you see that there are a lot of players who only scout for the wheel spins, they don't add to the game which is sad. In ROTW it was actually nice to build villages, create attacks and farm rats/snakes. That way you played the game, while getting a few cards. In heretic this changed sadly.

6. Game: In heretic there was this community fight against the AIs, but there was no real win condition. You just played 10 glory rounds and that was it. Maybe it's nice to have an actual win condition. Like paladins vs Bad AI? If the paladins are all removed from the map, reduce a life from the paladins and do so the same with the bad AI. Be carefull though that rounds shouldn't last endlesly.

7. Map, again: Make it a capture the hill, like in stronghold legends.

while I am complaining about everything:
Thanks for making the Stronghold series, absolute awesome games.
trickthat

Post by trickthat »

OMG please turn the server back on and let us finish the spins! Are you kidding? on Wolf we had time and a warning!
trickthat

Post by trickthat »

Seriously, no communication at all!!!! what????
trickthat

Post by trickthat »

At least just turn the spins back on. You still haven't even told us what we get for winning, if it is the typical here is 1 card pack, at least give us the prize back of the ability to finish our spins!
trickthat

Post by trickthat »

It looks like a bug because when I log in I can start a spin but then it freezes
Semkins II.

Post by Semkins II. »

I find it strange that simple questions as "will there be new AI world and when?" remain unaswered. do we really have to check your website like crazy, fingers crossed and maybe with some luck and lot of dedication we do not miss the beginning of the world we are waiting for? is it too much to expect info like "there will be new AI world in spring, summer, winter 2018"? it is simply beond my comprehension why are you make it so difficult for people to join the game they like. I would expect new world to be ready to take the people as soon as the old AI world has ended.

Return to “Heretic World (Ended)”