New Era faults

USA 4 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
Priest Guardian

New Era faults

Post by Priest Guardian »

So my first complaint is as most have already pointed out

20 players per faction X 5 factions per House X 20 Houses = 2000 players being part of an organized group of players

This would work good for an old server at the end of its life when populations drop to that level. But with a new world this is just wrong. Although there are only 3500ish players on USA 4 this first week of play I remember days of new worlds being opened with 10K +. That's going to equal a whole lot of players not being a part of anything other than solo play

Want to alienate players and have them leave because they cannot be a part of the player base other than neutral cannon fodder, yep Big mistake here Firefly. Fix it before Mobile release

Even if one of the 20 Houses was opened up like on the Heretic server with unlimited space and a computer AI at the helm or something. Even Have it tagged as a 'Farmer' house (I am sure a lot of players would jump in to have the color and many just want to farm anyway). It should by NO means give them safety but at least a color and a sense of belonging to something. Other houses could still attack them but some Houses will follow a code of ethics and respect them if they keep their nose clean

Just a comment and suggestion but no matter what this is a terrible format for a New world opening into
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Bglizard

Re: New Era faults

Post by Bglizard »

Not true,

To join a house you need to be a Bondsman I believe? Can't remember what rank it was

There are only 2939 Bondsman on this map. That's 939 people without the ability to join a house

And that's ignoring all the people who will quit after first month.

I get what you're saying priest guard. On EU4 it was a valid argument as 20k people on map, 2000 spaces total. but for USA4 I think this is the perfect size
Red.Lupis

Post by Red.Lupis »

This might be a gliche or a hack and wish I had an animated picture of this happening but all I have are my words of observation.

People have been able to abandon a village that a captain is coming from and still get that capture. I've seen it happen in East ohio.
Red.Lupis

Post by Red.Lupis »

Red.Lupis wrote:This might be a gliche or a hack and wish I had an animated picture of this happening but all I have are my words of observation.

People have been able to abandon a village that a captain is coming from and still get that capture. I've seen it happen in East ohio.
https://gyazo.com/4ef3e48ea467299a3228e8a0c89d03a1

I know I am not imaging this. He was buying a charter and yes he had the slot to do it. What is going on?
Priest Guardian

if you send a captain to buy a charter for a new village (which cost gold). Then during the travel you spend that gold on other things, if the captain lands and not enough gold it will bounce off the charter and return home

On another note Raze rank Prince (good thing )
Priest Guardian

Here is some things I heard on TS tonight in no particular order

1)Remove Expert cards

2)Make a premium server with 15$ month fee and designate x amount of card points per time period

3)Reset Raze rank to Knight

4)15 day peace timer for new villages

5)Raze immunity for players under 2500 pts until they attack

What I said was some form of extended peace needs to be in play to allow new players to get the learning curve and established, otherwise after their first attack on their village good chance they quit

I personally like raze at prince. The argument here was that the new player will get ransacked instead. I said well better to lose a few structures than a whole village while some form of extended peace would also mitigate this also
Siegric

Post by Siegric »

I like most of Priest Guardians ideas, especially point 2 on a subscription server that would come with a certain number of card points to use monthly. The card points would go up as players ranked and earning free cards could stay the same. This would be very interesting to see how the game plays out this way.

Razing should be a little easier, say Marquis rank. Razing is way to powerful and players should be higher rank before being allowed to research and use.
DougG87

Post by DougG87 »

Off Topic discussion.... Is it just me or, does anyone else feel it is messed up that every time you destroy a AI castle it comes back stronger (Wolf). Spending 98 percent of time and resources killing them. Once you kill off the stronger wolf it should revert to weaker AI castles....not impossible ones or at least give some period of time without them. Just my thinking. I can understand wolf lairs and bandits appearing often but, *....AI Castles appear 1 day after destroying it and it comes back stronger. Players take a while to build up but not AI and they have unlimited troops.

Return to “USA World 4 Lounge (Closed)”