Twenty Person Factions makes the game not worth playing

This is the first world using the The New Era System.
RobertScott

Twenty Person Factions makes the game not worth playing

Post by RobertScott »

The social contact aspect of this game is an important one, otherwise we might as well be playing Minecraft, where no one will be destroying your hard build stuff while you sleep.

For whatever reason most factions have a significant percentage of players who communicate little other than answering Roll Call, despite attempts to draw them out. One hears almost nothing out of them, until they are attacked, when suddenly they display their ability to write coherently.

I did not really notice this problem on W5, it was a problem on GC1 where I was anyway, and again here in E4, in three different factions. The problem is made much worse by the implementation of Tiny Factions.

So combine that with Tiny Houses, otherwise known as FF's knuckle dragging response to a sea of Purple on early GC1, and the game is not worth the investment of time and effort in its current state.
zafont

Re: Twenty Person Factions makes the game not worth playing

Post by zafont »

I agree! Firefly got greedy creating a jungle for the many many thousands of Houseless players, hoping for some new carders to grow in it....
Bglizard

Re: Twenty Person Factions makes the game not worth playing

Post by Bglizard »

RobertScott wrote: we might as well be playing Minecraft, where no one will be destroying your hard build stuff while you sleep.
"No one will destroy your hard build stuff while you sleep" that's what you think ;) jokes aside I get your point there lol

Personally I like the smaller houses I think it makes the map more competitive where as on GC1 you had really 2 houses going at it with eachother and despite how large GC1 was, in age 1 alone 3/4ths of the map could be held by a single house. If house sizes were bigger, do you think a bunch of factions would of bandwagoned onto H12?

Though I personally would prefer 30 man factions thus making max of each house 200 as opposed to 20 person factions...

Return to “EU4 World Lounge”