Bomb base attacking Lunks vs Beowulfking

All discussion related to activity in the Global Conflict world should be posted here.
BeowulfKing

Bomb base attacking Lunks vs Beowulfking

Post by BeowulfKing »

just found videos of Sa3d and thought to post about it.

Lunks
7 full captain attacks on Lord Vincent from his bomb base, in Gc1 war. Lunks was just above my villages in argentina and i was watching launching, and thought defender have no chance when 7 captain attacks were sent. But i was wrong, great defense from Lord Vincent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_rf9iZHj90

BeowulfKing
My attacks on Tuns in island warefare war for Damage inc. against russian faction. Launched from bomb base, he id 3min after. I had also pesants for oil pots activation in front of me from my teamate.
4 captain attacks (my bomb formations) 16 captains total, defender razed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvetoN1QVKg&t=40m10s

I attacked same player in a week on similar castle design, right side, he used 300 pikemans, with no difference. There i had some help from teamate with extra breaker so i decided to send previous one to Bj to record it.
Lunks

Re: Bomb base attacking Lunks vs Beowulfking

Post by Lunks »

Lord V is a solid player. I have no shame in failing against him. 2 of 7 armies were archer clears - I was saving on catapults. He ID'd before I finished my launch.

Also note that my captain armies on raze were not setup correctly. So do not learn from my failure.

Its funny that of my 1500+ razes in over 7 years, one of my only failures is captured. I should dig up my clips when in W1 and W2 it took 12+ armies to successfully raze, the game requires less skill now than ever.

Edit: also noted I had less than a 9 minute window since Lord V was ID'd every moment he was offline. It was surprisingly hard to get a launch on him.
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

Lunks wrote: in W1 and W2 it took 12+ armies to successfully raze, the game requires less skill now than ever.

i didnt played back then, what skills you needed to have? Did firefly changed something and made castles harder to defend nowdays?

If you needed to send 12+attacks to raze someone is obviously used overkill tactics and you didnt use captain tactics. Overkill with 10+ attacks is not skill. Today if you attack carded moat&pitch castle with parishes you would probably need 10+ armys.

For me skills are if attacker knows how to take advantage of captain tactics in less attacks. And skill is if defender under 3+ captain attacks knows how to modify castle to stop his tactics to work.

in this video from 2011 i see you had all captain tactics like we have today (min 11:30)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijPbyAB-88o
you couldnt save formations so you had to create formations everytime you would attack from begining and that would take lot of time.

edit: idk who is this guy XHitmanx who made video but he says in 11:35 that he have researched only delay and rallying cry and you dont need the rest tactics bec they are "piece of crap" lol
Lunks

Post by Lunks »

There were no captain tactics and moats were worthless. When they added tactics and buffed moats you no longer used vassal armies as much. It was easier to launch full captain armies.

The mistake I made was not using healing to get across the moat and pitch.
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

in that case you would need lot of vassal armys, and war btw 2 large and well organized houses could last for years.. Also big carders were out of most value to their houses as they could create daily 5x more armys then non carder.
Today carders are not so valuable as they were to you back then. Vassal, parish and non captain armys against this new castles are not so beneful.

Im not using vassal armys at all if i have 1-2 parishes. If not then 2 vassals as archer sweeper.
Vassal armys gets complicated bec lot of times it happens vassal is under id and you cant use it. Or in case of full blow war your resources gets low and you cant create troops for your village and vassals fast enough to attack every day.
Back then you needed vassals and you needed your village to have troops so war would be prolonged and tedious.

Today if in war faction have parishes then anyone who is not attacking must fill up parishes daily which attackers will use. Farmers, monkers and defenders they can create troops easily as they dont use them and reinforce your parishes.

Lunks wrote: The mistake I made was not using healing to get across the moat and pitch.
and rocks blocked some of your captains in last attacks. In my last attack 1 captain died just before healing would be activated, it was 30sec i think, later i changed it.
ElectrickSabers

Post by ElectrickSabers »

when I first starting playing w2, I think captain tactics were there, but were useless. So people would put 5 captains in the keep and without archor volley 1 or 2 caps could take down 5-6 breaker armies pretty easy. The game was a lot different back then.
marko7

Post by marko7 »

It's funny how he didn't make a video of SoS bomb squad razing him .... more than once.
Warped

Post by Warped »

ElectrickSabers wrote:when I first starting playing w2, I think captain tactics were there, but were useless. So people would put 5 captains in the keep and without archor volley 1 or 2 caps could take down 5-6 breaker armies pretty easy. The game was a lot different back then.
5 Captains in the keep was basically as good as ID for a long time until people started realising cats could hurt troops in the keep.
GhilleVeteran00

Post by GhilleVeteran00 »

Yes but back then if I can recall there were no troop formations. Cats had to be set up every time and most attacks were really bad compared to what they are today, especially if you were timing.

Now you can time attacks back to back within a minute if your villages are set up right.
lord_vincent12

Post by lord_vincent12 »

Lol nice to see that a video was made from those reports :D
My respect to you Lunks, not many players manage or try to get many attacks out when there are probably just a few minutes. I was actually farming on wolf world at that moment and then few minutes later by logging back into gc1 I saw 7 swords, just were kinda shocked and ided instantly.

If you had combined battlecry with recreation tactic you could have razed me.
But I also forgot to play peasant speed card and this were just better moat, pitch and troop card.

@marko: Please show me the reports, where your bomb squad should have razed me several times, I just remember that I got razed one time by SoS with 10 breakers and one captain, same cards played. With expert ones I would have even survived that one :-)

And by the way, there are several villages of your faction that I've razed in our war, ask me for reports if you want them :P

Return to “Global Conflict Lounge”