Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Klatsche1994

Re: Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Post by Klatsche1994 »

15:00 game time could be the time. at least every other server started then lol
Xtc69

Post by Xtc69 »

15:00 aww sooo long
WaywardChampion

Post by WaywardChampion »

After further review of your prospective changes, I have found what I believe to be a serious flaw that would actually result in even MORE multi-account cheating.

Sadly, it is in your efforts to protect new players that this exploit will be used to unbalance the game.

Think of this scenario:

You are planning to invade an enemy's territory, so as a first wave of your invasion you create enough alternate accounts to fill every charter in said county. You then vassal these alt accounts and start filling them full of troops.

Because these alts are below rank 8 they cannot be razed only captured. It is EXTREMELY unlikely that the members of the resident faction(s) controlling said county have enough empty village slots to capture ALL of these villages. Also since they are alts, you don't care about them getting pillaged or ransacked. So essentially what you end up with is a forward base that you can launch attacks from, that your enemy can not touch.

I for one find this to be exceedingly unfair, and believe that it will result in even more multi-account cheating. Sadly the only ways I can see to remedy this type of scenario is to once again allow low ranked villages to be razed inexpensively by lower ranked players, or disallow vassal troops from being placed into a village until after rank 8.

Please fix this soon, because its a sure bet that this exploit will be used often until it is remedied.
tamer123

Post by tamer123 »

WaywardChampion wrote:After further review of your prospective changes, I have found what I believe to be a serious flaw that would actually result in even MORE multi-account cheating.

Sadly, it is in your efforts to protect new players that this exploit will be used to unbalance the game.

Think of this scenario:

You are planning to invade an enemy's territory, so as a first wave of your invasion you create enough alternate accounts to fill every charter in said county. You then vassal these alt accounts and start filling them full of troops.

Because these alts are below rank 8 they cannot be razed only captured. It is EXTREMELY unlikely that the members of the resident faction(s) controlling said county have enough empty village slots to capture ALL of these villages. Also since they are alts, you don't care about them getting pillaged or ransacked. So essentially what you end up with is a forward base that you can launch attacks from, that your enemy can not touch.

I for one find this to be exceedingly unfair, and believe that it will result in even more multi-account cheating. Sadly the only ways I can see to remedy this type of scenario is to once again allow low ranked villages to be razed inexpensively by lower ranked players, or disallow vassal troops from being placed into a village until after rank 8.

Please fix this soon, because its a sure bet that this exploit will be used often until it is remedied.
dont worry man :)

smart alt users are not stupid to do this
lf you found someone doing it report them :)
Klatsche1994

Post by Klatsche1994 »

well it is also a good way to get into micro kingseats when the enemy has no slots to completly fill the country up. usually the defenders would raze the spawn villages then and stop your way to the area that way, but as you cant raze those accounts and some are just spawning to check the map and are no alts you cant do much about it hehe.
there are many thinks that need to be looked at again. i mean i like a 200k fp cap, but when you do something like that you need to offer the players different tactics to play with. when i can only have 200k fp i would with normal rules only rank to marquis and have a lower fp usage that way while still being able to hold areas. with the rank as prince rule you are saying that everyone needs to be prince and cant use any usual tactics haha
Micha7835

Post by Micha7835 »

Klatsche1994 wrote:well it is also a good way to get into micro kingseats when the enemy has no slots to completly fill the country up. usually the defenders would raze the spawn villages then and stop your way to the area that way, but as you cant raze those accounts and some are just spawning to check the map and are no alts you cant do much about it hehe.
there are many thinks that need to be looked at again. i mean i like a 200k fp cap, but when you do something like that you need to offer the players different tactics to play with. when i can only have 200k fp i would with normal rules only rank to marquis and have a lower fp usage that way while still being able to hold areas. with the rank as prince rule you are saying that everyone needs to be prince and cant use any usual tactics haha
Then u wont have 200k fp cap
lord_vincent12

Post by lord_vincent12 »

I really like the new Era System except of the fact that a house can only hold maximal 100 players (5 factions a 20 players).
Would be awesome if that can be changed for the next world. Otherwise just too many sister houses exist on the same time with the main house what leads definitely into interior conflicts destroying the server.
lord_vincent12

Post by lord_vincent12 »

I don't think it's horrible, the fp limitation prevents that people who farmed hundred of days have too much influence, razing activated as Prince gives new players a chance to build up.

And with the mobile versions release the player base will grow anyway and new players won't quit so fast :-)
Lord Rothchild

Post by Lord Rothchild »

lord_vincent12 wrote:I don't think it's horrible, the fp limitation prevents that people who farmed hundred of days have too much influence, razing activated as Prince gives new players a chance to build up.

And with the mobile versions release the player base will grow anyway and new players won't quit so fast :-)

Oh, new players will quit when they realize what a money pit this game is. They may get a few heavy spenders, but I can tell you right now that the player base they are thinking that they are going to get from Mobile, is not going to be a reality, people put money in Mobile games, but those games are games, that get updates, patches, improvements, and constant for-the-better changes.

Not a game that hasn't really been changed since release.

:lol:
ElectrickSabers

Post by ElectrickSabers »

Lord Rothchild wrote:
lord_vincent12 wrote:I don't think it's horrible, the fp limitation prevents that people who farmed hundred of days have too much influence, razing activated as Prince gives new players a chance to build up.

Oh, new players will quit when they realize what a money pit this game is. They may get a few heavy spenders, but I can tell you right now that the player base they are thinking that they are going to get from Mobile, is not going to be a reality, people put money in Mobile games, but those games are games, that get updates, patches, improvements, and constant for-the-better changes.

Not a game that hasn't really been changed since release.

:lol:
i guess if you throw out the massive update this entire thread is about you are correct. they have not changed it since releases. However for those of us with a clue, we can read this thread and see there is a massive new update to the game. They have listened to community and made a lot of changes. Time will tell if they were good or not.

Also within the last year they changed the worlds so they can be closed instead of going on forever, but I guess that's not a change.

And you can play this game quite a bit without spending money, over the course of a world there are a ton of people who don't spend money that contribute to houses.

Return to “News & Client Updates”