AI attacks and rank calulations

All discussion related to activity in the heretic world should be posted here.
Lord Strrog

AI attacks and rank calulations

Post by Lord Strrog »

Howdy,

Have a few questions in regards to AI attacks and how your rank affects those:

1. How far will AI launch their attacks from?
2. Does your rank affect the strength of AI attack?
3. Does your rank affect if enemy will send 3 timed attacks or 5? or this is affected by the type of AI.
4. How often does AI attack? how is this calculated? Do multiple AIs attack more often or they need to be different IE: same amount of attacks if 2 snakes present or more attacks if snake and a rat present?
5. How exactly invasion system works? Does AI try to send invasions where provinces are controlled by humans more or its random?
6. If there is any supporting documents in regards to your rank and AI attacks please link.
7. Does ayour daily activity or activity in general affect how often AI attacks?

thank you

PS. this is going to be my main world for a bit looking for an active faction.
Shantar

Re: AI attacks and rank calulations

Post by Shantar »

I'll have a go..

1. Invasion attacks can be from any of the anchor icons on the map. General attacks from ai villages are fairly short range 2-3 parishes away as a rule so once a small area is cleaned you won't get attacked much at all.

2. Rank has a direct link with strengths of attack, which ai attacks you and how many chained attacks you will get up to a maximum of 5, usually about 2-4 mins apart.

3. Any of the ai can send up to 5 attacks but rank does affect whether, for example, the pig or wolf would send 5.

4. Tough one to answer but from my experience, unless there is an invasion it is rare to have multiple sourced attacks or one after the other in a short space of time. The way I perceive it to work is that an unknown timer (that is adjustable) is running and when it's a particular ai villages turn to do whatever it evaluates the options. If there are charters available they normally always launch for those, throwing a monk out is also common, a scout if there is a resource in the parish. If there is a village close by that is not very well built that becomes a bit of a primary target for all the ai and you will see those attacked all day. I'm inclined to think that attacking an established player is one of the latter options in its to-do list. At the moment I am probably only being attacked once a day by the ai but its a new world and there are many many targets for the ai to choose from. I would describe the server as being in easy mode at the moment because everyone is still ranking up and low on research etc. I would expect it to get much harder later.

5. Again just from experience, invasions seem quite random and evenly distributed over time. If the area being attacked is low human population there will just be lots of reinforcements that are being sent compared to more populated areas. The main thing to remember about invasions is that the attack list is compiled before the anchor icon lights up and the attacks start so if you are on that list to be attacked even if you put id on before it is launched you will still be attacked if the invasion has already started.

6. I don't know of any other documentation beyond the wiki. There are random SHK fansites and some youtube vids but the information on most is quite old and does not relate to the newer style worlds.

7. I've never noticed any connection between my activity and attacks. I might not play for a few days on some worlds but I still get attacked as much as if I was online and busy all day.

Hope that helps. I'm sure others can chip in with more accurate info or correct me if I made a mistake :)
Macon3

Re: AI attacks and rank calulations

Post by Macon3 »

i'm not a vet on the wolf or heretic servers, but I've noticed a huge difference in how much I get attacked between servers (my ranks aren't the same...). I think your village location is a big factor, shantar kinda touched on it. if there aren't many ai near u, u just don't get attacked much, if at all some days. pro tip, haha, so a vill near a coastline (ai doesn't have vills n the water) seems to limit the chances of ai in range to you. cons of that is u don't get all the ez honor from the ai hordes attacking, not as many close stashes to scout and not as many close ai castles to attack.

Return to “Heretic World (Ended)”