this world

All discussion related to activity in the heretic world should be posted here.
drusey

this world

Post by drusey »

it is saying it is closed when i log on to the game and i cant join it
Northern Light X

Re: this world

Post by Northern Light X »

Good morning,

I've been playing the game on and off for quite some time now. After I heard about heretic from my friend, I immediately decided to give it a shot. Unfortunately the world has been closed sice last night. What pains me the most is not the fact the world is closed but that yet again the shk team decides to bury their head in the sand.

I dont really care its closed, i'll simply wait. But for god sake... even if it just for once.. be transparant about it.

Greetings,
Hooft
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

seems to be a popular server and for good reason. Fun :)
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Unhandled

Post by Unhandled »

It is closed for me as well
Last edited by Unhandled on Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
hylanda

Post by hylanda »

There may well be server problems - it's a new type of AI world on a larger map. But it's more likely unable to cope with the demands of the AI rather than the number of players :lol: :lol: :lol: (have you seen what the client does to your PC? I'd hate to imagine what the server is like)
What's weird though is that it's been closed for this amount of time and we've not heard a d.i.c.k.y bird from FF (good job this isn't a game about cricket :? ). I know it's the weekend and everything but you'd have thought they'd have posted something to acknowledge that they're aware of the problem. Otherwise they're just going to upset a bunch more of their players who will feel that they've missed out (especially with the rewards you can get early on binge killing rat castles). Plus you don't want to run the risk of a rumour starting that somebody's found yet another exploit. That's never a good look if you want your players to think that they're able not only to have a fun game but a fair one as well :cry:
Mind you FF's credibility is pretty much zero at the moment so maybe they're happy just to let things drop...
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

Lord Benevolent wrote:Unlike normal worlds, AI worlds are heavily populated by AI, leaving less space for players in when joining the world. Once players begin razing AI villages and creating more emtpy village slots in the process, new players will be able to join again.
I often wondered what effect it was on the server to see hundreds if not thousands of AI streaming across the map . Thanks for the insight
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
hylanda

Post by hylanda »

Lord Benevolent wrote:Unlike normal worlds, AI worlds are heavily populated by AI, leaving less space for players in when joining the world. Once players begin razing AI villages and creating more emtpy village slots in the process, new players will be able to join again.
Thanks for posting Lord B - appreciate it. But I seem to be misunderstanding something here...

On the original Wolf World, there were only certain regions (in Ireland) where a player could start and spawn into - all the other regions were held, initially, by the AI.

If this new world behaves in the same way then surely killing AI isn't going to allow new players to join, as the empty village slots that are created will typically be in areas where new players can't spawn into. What will have to happen is for existing players to free up empty village slots either by having their villages razed or through inactivity - I would think that this is likely to take some time.

Hope you can shed some more light on the situation...
Macon3

Post by Macon3 »

hylanda, the counties where players are spawning have player parishes and ai parishes, so I guess it's not like the original wolf world. the vets of the wolf beta server a smoking the ai, the rat is having a tough time, only the biggest rat vills survive at this time, but as players continue to rank up the rat will become extinct, 911 to peta.
hylanda

Post by hylanda »

Macon3 wrote:hylanda, the counties where players are spawning have player parishes and ai parishes, so I guess it's not like the original wolf world. the vets of the wolf beta server a smoking the ai, the rat is having a tough time, only the biggest rat vills survive at this time, but as players continue to rank up the rat will become extinct, 911 to peta.
Thanks for the info.

But then something doesn't add up as some one has posted a screen shot of the map - I am willing to believe that it's from the server as, right at the top, you can just see a small AI village. However, it also shows that the parish [69274] Arroyo de la Encomienda is completely empty - as there are plenty of charters there, I would have thought players would be able to spawn there too...

So what gives?
Macon3

Post by Macon3 »

hylanda, I found that parish you're talking about it, it is empty. it appears to be a rat parish, the charters are there for rat captain landings, but they get razed asap. I assume players could buy a charter there. player spawn parishes are very noticeable with 20ish player vills in them. it looks like player spawn areas have been limited to some parishes in spain and the uk so far, there could be other areas that have opened or are opening to player spawns.

Return to “Heretic World (Ended)”