H10 Stance on H14v18

World 9 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
Bglizard

H10 Stance on H14v18

Post by Bglizard »

18 have had our backs since the start of the age. We've known 14 and 18 had planned to go at it for a while so this left us with an interesting position: What to do? Start of this age was very rocky and up in the air. 1 and 3 had declared on us. And 14 was making demands over Ireland and seemed likely they might declare as well. We were in a horrible position. H1 went to 18 asking if they could make peace terms but 18 stuck by us and refused to make peace without 10.

For this we owe them. And us just backing out now and saying "Sorry, we can't help you, even though you helped us when we needed most" it's just not right. It's a kick in the face.

At the same time if we do get involved it will be a one sided slaughter on 14. We don't want that. I don't think Milady would of wanted us to form a mega alliance like this either that's not how this age was planned out.

So then what do we do? Do we declare war on 14 and ruin competitiveness of this world? Or do we stay out and watch as our closest allies get beat up and ignore their pleas for help?

We've had numerous discussions over what our stance would be and thousands of ideas thrown around. The best we could come up with was, we still want to show 18 we do support them, and we don't want them to get crushed. But at the same time we don't want them to be annihilated so we've decided we are sending 5 players to help them. These 5 players we picked as they were most loyal and likely to follow orders, they also had the LEAST to lose. We sent one officer (Omar) to watch over them. We did not send our main fighters. Should 16 get involved or if this is looking one sided in the case of 18 winning. 10 will pull out and give anything we took from 14 back.

I personally, want to see an H14 victory here. Sorry 18 I do love you guys. Seriously. But for the competitiveness of this world I want 14 to win so we actually have something to do later this age lol.
MiladySkye

Re: H10 Stance on H14v18

Post by MiladySkye »

Wow, what an amazing show of "Support". Kudos!!!! If I could just do a little translation for those who aren't native speakers of your language.

Dear H18,

We in H10 would like to show our support of you in your war against H14. It's not really that we want to help you, necessarily, it's more that we don't want to look like * to the rest of the map . . . so, we are sending you 5 of our not-so-great fighters who we really don't need because, let's face it, they don't hold anything, aren't really vital to our leadership and they will follow orders, like leave whenever we tell them to . . . which, by the way, we will do if H18 starts to win/H14 starts to lose. No matter that H14 outnumbers you 3:1 because they've taken in a load of H1 players. We've buried the hatchet with them and really want them to come out of this strong so we can fight them later on, once they've dispatched you lot. We're actually hoping you fail, and that H14 kicks your *. On the bright side, at least we are willing to say this directly to your face and be open on the forum about it, rather than say it strictly behind your backs, right? But suck it up, because this is a plan that would be sanctioned by MiladySkye, I'm pretty sure of it.

Good luck! :-)

Sincerely,
H10

P.S. Oh, btw, thanks for putting 110% of your time, effort and resources into supporting H10 when we needed you, for your votes in Ireland and for having our backs since the start of the Age. We really love you guys!

Disclaimer: This is my own personal interpretation of your post and doesn't reflect the views of H18, of which I am not a member. This message was neither approved by or seen in advance by anyone other than the immoral poster.
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
Morodin88

Post by Morodin88 »

MiladySkye wrote:Disclaimer: This is my own personal interpretation of your post and doesn't reflect the views of H18, of which I am not a member. This message was neither approved by or seen in advance by anyone other than the immoral poster.
ROFL =) I thoroughly enjoyed the paraphrasing here.
Icarus Fall

Post by Icarus Fall »

Translation is the perfect example of how to strengthen relationships with other houses with clear communication on a public forum. Sarcasm and irony go a long way. :idea:

PS: This short paragraph doesn't reflect the views of H18, of which I am not a member. Actually, it is difficult to say what view does the post reflect since it's a sarcastic take with hazy meaning and direction. A passive-aggressive statement that I can always make excuse for later. Isn't so bad, is it guys?

PS2: I am not H18. Seriously, check it out!
Last edited by Icarus Fall on Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 220897 »

i want ice cream and pickels... im weird
drakensilencer

Post by drakensilencer »

220897 wrote:i want ice cream and pickels... im weird
nah your not LOL, i have seen wierder combos :P

Post by 220897 »

sweet, thanks man
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

MiladySkye wrote:Wow, what an amazing show of "Support". Kudos!!!! If I could just do a little translation for those who aren't native speakers of your language.

Dear H18,

We in H10 would like to show our support of you in your war against H14. It's not really that we want to help you, necessarily, it's more that we don't want to look like * to the rest of the map . . . so, we are sending you 5 of our not-so-great fighters who we really don't need because, let's face it, they don't hold anything, aren't really vital to our leadership and they will follow orders, like leave whenever we tell them to . . . which, by the way, we will do if H18 starts to win/H14 starts to lose. No matter that H14 outnumbers you 3:1 because they've taken in a load of H1 players. We've buried the hatchet with them and really want them to come out of this strong so we can fight them later on, once they've dispatched you lot. We're actually hoping you fail, and that H14 kicks your *. On the bright side, at least we are willing to say this directly to your face and be open on the forum about it, rather than say it strictly behind your backs, right? But suck it up, because this is a plan that would be sanctioned by MiladySkye, I'm pretty sure of it.

Good luck! :-)

Sincerely,
H10

P.S. Oh, btw, thanks for putting 110% of your time, effort and resources into supporting H10 when we needed you, for your votes in Ireland and for having our backs since the start of the Age. We really love you guys!

Disclaimer: This is my own personal interpretation of your post and doesn't reflect the views of H18, of which I am not a member. This message was neither approved by or seen in advance by anyone other than the immoral poster.

lmao milady :P

Seemed like a lose-lose situation no matter what we decided to do.

Stay out? Get yelled at by 18.

Have our house declare on 14? get yelled at by 14.

Send a few players to help 18? get yelled at by 14 but less so than the last one.

No matter which decision we pick people are just going to yell at us for whatever the * they can find a reason for. "Wow this is how you treat us after we helped you, * you H10" "Wow you guys are killing the world, * you H10"
omar1994

Post by omar1994 »

MiladySkye wrote:. . . so, we are sending you 5 of our not-so-great fighters who we really don't need
Pffffff...... :?
MiladySkye wrote:because, let's face it, they don't hold anything, aren't really vital to our leadership
I don't hold anything because I don't like holding anything. I gave away the land I had and refused land that was offered to me. I follow orders because I'm one of the officers who helps make them :).
''Don't sacrifice your peace trying to point out someone's true colours. Lack of character always reveals itself in the end.'' -Mandy Hale
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

@Omar, I think that your, GFH's and CK's assistance is probably very much appreciated by H18. My post was not meant to belittle or devalue you or your teammates' efforts and I apologise if any of you took offence to my satirical assessment/interpretation of what BG posted. When I read it, I couldn't resist poking fun at BG for his less than glowing description of H10's stance and those who had agreed to assist H18.

@IcarusFall, sarcasm and irony require a sense of humor to fully appreciate. In my experience, people who use descriptors/phrases like "passive aggressive" and "hazy meaning and direction" are usually obsessed with psychoanalyzing everything to the point of ad nauseam and often end up pinning a more negative connotation to simple satire than is intended or that others (like BG and Morodin, who happen to possess a sense of humor) do/would.

And since I'm not interested in nor do I care to "strengthen relationships with other houses", I can say whatever I like! :-)
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .

Return to “World 9 Lounge (Closed)”