The Final Age

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
warlord1799

Re: The Final Age

Post by warlord1799 »

Why should the players get punished for killing the worlds when its fireflies own fault for creating more worlds when they could of added every new world they have into the english servers instead of making new servers. They should of stopped making new servers after w9 imo and if they wanted to make something new pick one random world and update it.
warlord1799

Post by warlord1799 »

Imo you guys announced the final victory age to early now there is to much controversy over the situation. This update is not for everyone its for the select few. and 90% if not all the people in this thread probably wont even win the rewards.

Any one player has the capability to end a server now every player from cross worlds will make an account on each world just to close them even thoughs on other servers can create accounts before age 6 ends. This whole update doesn't even make since to me.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

warlord1799 wrote:Imo you guys announced the final victory age to early now there is to much controversy over the situation. This update is not for everyone its for the select few. and 90% if not all the people in this thread probably wont even win the rewards.

Any one player has the capability to end a server now every player from cross worlds will make an account on each world just to close them even thoughs on other servers can create accounts before age 6 ends. This whole update doesn't even make since to me.
I will be trying my best to bring people back to old worlds for age 6 in w7 or w5 and finish them off. It totally depends on what's happening in my main world as to how it will work out but I will try my hardest.

And players are not being punished its just the way FF plays the game, I know everyone has different play styles but surely farming constantly and worrying about rogue players is boring as *, no Offence to world 7 players but the best players there now where the whipping boys in age 1. I understand why they worry because if the good players do come back to worlds for end of age war those farmers who have stuck out 3,4 and 5 years of game play will probably lose out. It will create a great end of world battle though, well it would have until FF killed the rewards which would have enticed players to return.

It may also not entice players to come to new worlds by closing olds but what do FF gain from keeping them open... not a lot. They know where the money lies and its in new worlds.
warlord1799

Post by warlord1799 »

Yeah but they could of put the new worlds with the english servers instead of making new worlds just update the old ones
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

warlord1799 wrote:Yeah but they could of put the new worlds with the english servers instead of making new worlds just update the old ones
They have. The Age updates were FF's way of attempting to provoke people to break their multi-house superpowers and fight each other.

I agree that FF opened far too many new worlds too quickly, however new worlds quickly turn into the massive alliances mentioned above and become stale. The rule changes have not (again imo) been successful in breaking this mindset. FF's options up until now were to attempt to improve old worlds with ruleset changes (which haven't worked) and opening new worlds (which has diluted the player base across many stale worlds).

Something had to give. In-fact many would argue that FF should have created an end game that occurred WITHOUT the say so of 1 x individual whom is the HM of the 'winning' house at the time all the towers are captured. They have hedged their bets by putting the onus on one player in the game world. This is entirely unfair on the individual imo...

EDIT: Spellcheck
Last edited by Wilksy on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I would love to be the man in charge of pressing the button, you also have another 29 people to help you make the decision, If you don't want to push it though and there is people who want to push it I assume you will be hit everywhere. I really think the final age will be very interesting, super speeded armies and with a x4 card in play you could time on anyone on the map quickly. Weapon stashes are there so you should never run out of armies.

Just embrace the change and go with it. I think it sounds pretty impressive, already set back up on w7 for preparation later on.
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

meatball2k wrote:I would love to be the man in charge of pressing the button, you also have another 29 people to help you make the decision, If you don't want to push it though and there is people who want to push it I assume you will be hit everywhere. I really think the final age will be very interesting, super speeded armies and with a x4 card in play you could time on anyone on the map quickly. Weapon stashes are there so you should never run out of armies.

Just embrace the change and go with it. I think it sounds pretty impressive, already set back up on w7 for preparation later on.
I have embraced it and look forward to seeing what happens.

I just wonder how many people whom are actually in the HM position will push the button. By the time a world reaches the final age most of the fighters have moved worlds. So we are left with a collection of players possibly more predisposed to keep the worlds running.

Interesting times ahead.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
Omar_Hawk

Post by Omar_Hawk »

Lord Alacrity wrote:I am deeply sorry for any confusion caused by the errors in the original posting. Due to an unfortunate miscommunication, what was originally posted did not reflect the accurate values for the prizes. As a gamer myself, I can understand the natural frustration felt by players when the early information released differs from the final implementation.

While the mistake was noticed early and quickly corrected, I would like to sincerely apologize to any players who feel slighted or misled. While the incorrect prize values were exaggerated the actual prizes are the most generous that have ever been offered in the history of Stronghold Kingdoms and represent a substantial reward to be claimed if the players on a world should choose to do so.
They are still explained incorrectly on the German news post, e.g. 10k card points for Silver...

Would have ben nice, if you made a news post with a correction of the values instead of silently updating the values hoping noone will notice...
warlord1799

Post by warlord1799 »

you have to be in a house to receive any prizes at all? or is there going to be rewards for crown princes too?
warlord1799

Post by warlord1799 »

this game sucks. developers do what they want and pretend to fight for the people in this game yet they change the rules every chance they get. if it weren't for a few reasons i wouldnt be playing this game anymore. if it weren't for the fact i put 5 years in this game id quit. im going to quit anyways after w5 ends as ive had enough of developers and people making this game sht. theres many ways to keep the game interesting.

one you can have people actually vote on the changes being made instead of just doing them yourself. you can actually give players more control by keeping out of diplomacy and changing the way the games played. yes we get updates are needed but doing them the way you guys do is pathetic and just plain ignorance. informing people at the right time of major changes is also key in making the game great again. listening to suckers who dont give a rats * about anything degrades our respect in firefly even further. if you want to change things talk about it first to everyone not just thoughs who are active in forums.

in the end i dont give a sht anymore what developers do. its obvious that this game "to them" belongs to them not us. which in all since it does belong to them but i thought that they wanted to give power to the "players" (quoted because they gave power to a player instead of everyone) not them.whatever though i know im bummed out about alot of things and people dont take me seriously but i know whats * when i see it and i dont back down from bullies or let people walk over me. yall do what you want this game will never be like it was.

Return to “News & Client Updates”