Connection Issues

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
Fireball_Lee

Connection Issues

Post by Fireball_Lee »

Is anyone else experiencing issues with connecting to the game? Since around 3pm GMT on Friday (19th Feb) I've been experiencing these issues. At first things in game were failing to update. I could not access the village/castles screens, mail, reports or use the map (only pan but not select any villages etc) and I was receiving attacks that I was completely unaware of. I would try and re-log to solve these issues which seemed to work very briefly, but then after a few minutes I would be having the exact same issues again. Now, I am at the point where I simply can't even log on to W1. I know of a few others that are having the same problem so I know it's nothing on my end. I think it seems to be some sort of issues in the UK maybe (seems to be a common factor with people I spoke to)? Any light on the issue would be greatly appreciated, or at least to know others are having similar issues and it's not just an unfortunate few of us!
Lord Klein

Re: Connection Issues

Post by Lord Klein »

I'm having the exact same issues! And started approximately about same time!
tyrance144

Post by tyrance144 »

Having the same issues here in Finland. Firefly keeps blaming our ISP's.
Fireball_Lee

Post by Fireball_Lee »

:/
Rappide

Post by Rappide »

Yes. I am having the same issues. I have now forwarded a screenshot of where the problem lies. After blaming my ISP provider lol, they have now done a trace from my laptop to SHK and discovered that time outs are occurring at a certain point. Namely in Seattle USA. it is an Amazon IP address. and goes like this 205.251.245.171. It woudl appear that the link to SHK is routed via many different IP addresses

You can check if it is the same one that shows " request timed out" on your own by typing cmd (command prompt) into your search then a black box appears.... you type in tracert login.strongholdkingdoms.com and press enter
You wait until it says Trace complete and gain your results from there. You ignore the time out after your IP adress but look at the event where it is mega timed out. and check the IP address before that happens

I've submitted a ticket but more of us need to take a screenshot of this , submit the ticket and make FF do something about this
Rappide

Post by Rappide »

Fireball_Lee wrote:Is anyone else experiencing issues with connecting to the game? Since around 3pm GMT on Friday (19th Feb) I've been experiencing these issues. At first things in game were failing to update. I could not access the village/castles screens, mail, reports or use the map (only pan but not select any villages etc) and I was receiving attacks that I was completely unaware of. I would try and re-log to solve these issues which seemed to work very briefly, but then after a few minutes I would be having the exact same issues again. Now, I am at the point where I simply can't even log on to W1. I know of a few others that are having the same problem so I know it's nothing on my end. I think it seems to be some sort of issues in the UK maybe (seems to be a common factor with people I spoke to)? Any light on the issue would be greatly appreciated, or at least to know others are having similar issues and it's not just an unfortunate few of us!
Yeah. Both me and my Mum are having issues. It's not our ISPs. It is the route that our connection takes to get to SHK and this IS within tghe control of Firefly. Our problem appears to be in Seattle USA where the links to SHK are being routed via an Amazon site
I have no idea why but it's traceable by doing a trace on our PC's via Command Prompt
Rappide

Post by Rappide »

Whoops used it in my Mum's name Ha!!
Lord Klein

Post by Lord Klein »

Did the same trick Rappide, and with me it times out after ip address 205.251.245.174
BraveJester

Post by BraveJester »

Having same problems here from Germany. Timing out at Seattle, WA. Telling me "wait, we're working on it," doesn't solve the problem of my castles being ransacked hourly. Firefly, how about stopping the dammed AI attacks until your players can log on to the dammed game? Just a thought. By the time I'm able to log back on, everything is likely to be gone. Is this worth the stress?

Probably not.
Sir Kag

Post by Sir Kag »

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”