No Cards Start Series (vlog)

This USA World 3 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Esoteric Paradigm

Re: No Cards Start Series (vlog)

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

Bit like trying to play chess without a queen - fine aginst hopeless players but no good against anyone who knows the game. Need to play on a level playing field
Esoteric Paradigm

hey nice video - should be good help for lots of people
Esoteric Paradigm

DavidSpy wrote:Day 2 is up.
Esoteric Paradigm wrote:Bit like trying to play chess without a queen - fine aginst hopeless players but no good against anyone who knows the game. Need to play on a level playing field
I'm not trying to complete with carders, it's a support build to help the fighters and allow you to be a contributing member of a faction without having to buy cards.
Great idea David! Sorry about my negative comment - your videos are great.
Aidan0816

Post by Aidan0816 »

This is how I always play. I'm too cheap to spend money on cards. People mostly just spend loads of money to compensate for their lack of skill and intelligence, only bad players really need them
Aidan0816

Post by Aidan0816 »

Whenever I play without cards (always) I generally take on a monking role, since it is pretty easy to get the gold to support it and cards don't really help a lot. They don't help increase faith production (I'm pretty sure) and all of the cards that are related to monking are generally fairly weak and rare/expensive. It is a lot easier to compete, I feel, as a monker than in any other role without spending money
Esoteric Paradigm

Great videos David.
Even got me trying a no card village start in Euro3 - not quite the same as a new world because of some parish bonuses but still interesting.
I would actually like to play in a new world type that was pay to play of sorts with maybe a $10 monthly fee that gave a premium bonus + daily small card points and no use of external card points from other worlds and no purchase of card points for this world.
It would then be down to just player skill in choice of how to use the resources including the card points.
A level playing field for the first time ever for this game.
Esoteric Paradigm

Also it would be good to give the new world a limited life of say 3 months or so.
Of course none of this will ever happen so it's a waste of time even talking about it.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Hey

I just watched day 1 video and will be watching he rest, I am also trying a no card world, so fa the thing that's annoying me is the slow buid up times im on to 3hrs for a building and village is still tiny plus not able to que buildings is a pain BUT I will keep it going I have tried banquets to get me through the ranks and will also research monks rather then armies, lets see how it goes.
Esoteric Paradigm

meatball2k wrote:Hey

I just watched day 1 video and will be watching he rest, I am also trying a no card world, so fa the thing that's annoying me is the slow buid up times im on to 3hrs for a building and village is still tiny plus not able to que buildings is a pain BUT I will keep it going I have tried banquets to get me through the ranks and will also research monks rather then armies, lets see how it goes.
End of day 1 for me - got to commoner - so slowwwww now. Slow is sort of nice I guess - just check in every hour or 2 for a couple of minutes or less. I can see why people farm rather than heavy scout - Heavy scouting and trading always beats farming for fast ranking but wow farming is so easy and hardly any work at all - just so slowwww :)
Never tried farming before.
I guess farming with cards might have more action and certainly scouting without cards would be hopeless
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I have been playing since day 1, I am now commoney, probbaly close to Thane once I hit my banquets, I opted for wood and stone maxed out so I can help my faction mates, I actually plan on supplying people with wood and stone, I have never been in a faction where someone actually supplies stone and wood on regular basis so will try and do that and I may also max apples, hops and bows, hops and apples just to sell and bows to donate/sell and supply later on.

Thats the plan anyway :-)

David spy you have inspired me to keep going though i wanna beat youu to prince first haha,

watch me get reset, now that would be anightmare, will need to get my architecture maxed for quick restart if I do.

Return to “USA World 3 Lounge”