Newly acquired villages being immediately attacked by AI

New PvE based game world. This Forum has Now been closed following the worlds closure.
LordAnowon

Newly acquired villages being immediately attacked by AI

Post by LordAnowon »

One of the problems in this AI world is the time it takes the AI to send attacks to newly captured or purchased villages.
It is not uncommon to see a full 5 stack attack incoming to a newly acquired village within minutes. Why is that?
Try to protect a newly captured village against the wolf when it sends a 5 stack attack totalling 1758 archers, 369 pikes, 534 swordsmen, 554 catapults and 15 captains, all from a single AI village...

The problem is that when the AI captures a village, it immediately has a fully developed castle and troop count, and all village buildings are lost. This is unfortunately not so when a player captures. The castle is mostly destroyed and the villager/troop count is zero with a mere 50 castle troop availability, and zero village buildings. All worsened by the fact that the AI laughs Interdicts off completely, and the constant server connectivity issues and remote host failures...

We all have real life to deal with, so at least give us a cool down period to recapture our lost villages with all village buildings still in tact. It takes many hours to delete village buildings for a player, and many many more to build them in the first place...

Also, when capturing an AI village, would it be possible to have some buildings already built inside with resources dependent on village size and player completed researches?
bigbaby272

Re: Newly acquired villages being immediately attacked by AI

Post by bigbaby272 »

when you buy a charter, you have 3 day peace to develop it. And AI can't attack you until your peace time gone.

If you capture AI villa, then go with the risk :lol:
LordAnowon

Post by LordAnowon »

That 3 day peace period does not affect AI at all, it only protect against other players
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

LordAnowon wrote:That 3 day peace period does not affect AI at all, it only protect against other players
Up until now the AI might attack a chartered village during the 3 day peace time but will not raze it with any captain attacks at all.
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

I know this to be the case because my strategy for a long time depended just on that fact. I would just charter a village for scouting and trading only with no other structures apart from the storage stuff - no surround for keep even. After 3 days when captain attack came I simply chartered a new village. It was very very economical for me - I made quite a profit from the mobile villages because I did so much scouting.
I never once got a captain attack during the 3 day peacetime.

Return to “Rise of The Wolf”