Exploit Fixed

EU1 has ended following the Final Age completion.
Lord Alacrity

Exploit Fixed

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Recently, some players on the EU1 world experienced this error message when attempting to access the game world.

We were able to fix the issue quickly, however, determining the root cause proved more difficult. After additional work by our team, we were able to identify a small group of players on the EU1 world who had been using specially modified versions of the client to perform certain illegal actions involving both monks and troops. Through their use of this exploit, they also inadvertently caused this error which effected all players, including themselves.

Additionally, the possibility of modifying the client to allow players to "sniff" attack data and determine the number and types of troops in an incoming attack has likewise been identified and rendered no longer usable.

We would like to thank the community for their patience while this issue was rectified and reassure everyone that we consider the security and integrity of the game to be of the utmost importance. As of yesterday, we have deployed a fix for this type of exploit to all worlds and all accounts found to have made use of the exploit have been blocked.
OttIntrepid

Re: Exploit Fixed

Post by OttIntrepid »

Have the players exploiting this "weakness" been permanently banned?
womynaloud

Post by womynaloud »

all accounts found to have made use of the exploit have been blocked.
I would assume so.
OttIntrepid

Post by OttIntrepid »

Just wondering if it is a 2-day BAN or a permanent BAN.
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Hoping for perm here, about time to stick it to cheaters.
Merepatra

Post by Merepatra »

All accounts found to have made use of the exploit have been permanently blocked.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

With the lack of psots about this cheating I assume the cheaters where all part of h6, if they where h19 I can imagine this thread being filled up with I told you so posts from h6 members as there is little to no "I told you so" posts I assume cheaters where all part of h6,

Obviously speculation from myself I just think the lack of posts about this cheating is strange as its quite a big thing that's happened, how long have these cheaters been using this and if there clever enough to do that what else have they been doing on this game that hasn't been found out, I know I don't pay a lot of money but if I was someone that did pay a lot of money and I have had my * handed to me by these cheaters I would be so pis*ed off.
Chaosu

Post by Chaosu »

Just give us the account names! What dumb privacy policy prevents you from poining out cheater? I play other games whicch brag about accounts banned monthly and while they don't give you a list of them you can search for them and if the account is deleted it says don't exist. Community is happy and cheers every major cheater deletion. Company gets good publicity. All you get is more hate, congrats.
HappyHour224

Post by HappyHour224 »

rumors hold that the exploit was rendered as a service offered from a 3rd party. probably used a set of alt accounts to fish for information and would apparently sell the information for RL cash.

as far as i know there were a few from H6, H3 and H19 taking advantage of the service

assuming this info to be true i doubt any high level accounts were banned (as the hacker covered his tracks)
Chaosu

Post by Chaosu »

HappyHour224 wrote:rumors hold that the exploit was rendered as a service offered from a 3rd party. probably used a set of alt accounts to fish for information and would apparently sell the information for RL cash.

as far as i know there were a few from H6, H3 and H19 taking advantage of the service

assuming this info to be true i doubt any high level accounts were banned (as the hacker covered his tracks)
but the attack packets sniffing had to be done on specific players account and from what i heard this one have been use for much longer than the other exploit.

Return to “EU World One Lounge (Finished)”