Is it the end of the world??? I dont understand GLORY!

This USA World 2 forum has been closed following the world closure.
PsychoticUK

Re: Is it the end of the world??? I dont understand GLORY!

Post by PsychoticUK »

Firstly welcome to SHK and the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay.

now onto your question.
DrVooDoo13 wrote: What happens after 1,000,000 is reached?

After a House reaches 1 million points, they earn a star, and the House(s) with the least points are knocked out the race (they are not disbanded, but no longer compete in the race).

When there is only one House left, the server progresses to Age 2. Same deal, plus a few changes, it comes down to one House with all the stars. Then onto Age 3, Age 4 and I'm guessing Age 5 when the new rules are released :D
Some links for you: Age 2, Age 3, Age 4

Does the game reset?
No, the server remains open and progresses through the Ages. There are a few changes like stock exchanges cleared, votes reset etc.

Does the map reset?
The map stays the same, all Houses are disbanded, Glory reset, all votes reset.

Does our account reset?
You keep your account

Do I lose everything and research too?
You keep all your research, villages, castles etc.

please let me know, I am noob...
I suggest you have a read at the Age changes if you want, otherwise check here for more help and tips. I'm not on USA2, however you could ask local players to help you out by offering to be your Liege Lord - they can send you resources and troops to help defend, and with any other burning questions you may have.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

DrVooDoo13 wrote:Thanks man... while I did read most every thing I could find, I was still unclear as to the happenings of this whole glory thing...

but it is very clear now....

much appreciated...
Stronghold Kingdoms does not have a rulebook, it has a glossary of terms. There are rule references but no examples.

This is an example of a game where "learning to play the game" is part of the game.

For you, the forum may be your best resource.

And I might as well add that SHK is not a war game, it is a resource management game, with a very dominant diplomatic requirement. Other players will assign you a "threat level" will be determined more by your associations than your actions or true ability. They are likely to take actions against you based more on perceived fear than actual events. And few players look outside of their own perspective when then react to game events.

Deke
SL0P0K3

Post by SL0P0K3 »

DrVooDoo13 wrote:So, what your saying is, I am on facebook playing farmville? Even tho I can make troops which farmville can not...

What good are troops in a game with no war?

I understand there is allot of diplomacy in this game. I also understand you get negative honour for attacking players...

But it will happen, I see red swords over some villages,,,these are called the ENEMY... So, should I send them flowers? Or destroy them?

I wonder which I will pick...

Honestly, you make good points tho, and I will use the forum and glossary allot...

thanks for the advice

When in doubt ask your Faction leaders about attacking the swords. For us in H13 if we have swords we attack them. There may not be a large war going on atm, but there are still enemies to attack. If you wish to attack a neutral then you definitely want to talk to your leaders first as some neutrals are neutrals because they were in an enemy house and made a deal to go neutral to NOT be attacked. There are many, many non-active players now, you just need to find then so you can take over their villages!
Voltair

Post by Voltair »

Glory points are earned in various ways. See this page of the wiki for more information on Glory and the points break down http://help.strongholdkingdoms.com/index.php/Glory

As to war, this is a war game and how much you are involved in war is determined by the Faction/House you joined. When a world progresses to another age some of the Glory stipulations change, for the new rule sets check the pages PsychoticUK posted.

Return to “USA World 2 Lounge (Closed)”