New players be Advised

This USA World 2 forum has been closed following the world closure.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Re: New players be Advised

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

There is value in a new player going to an established server as a learning tool, with the understanding that the new player will never be competitive on their individual abilities.

Spend time and no crowns on a established server for a month, then move to a new server and try to be competitive.
HappyHour224

Post by HappyHour224 »

i think SHK is terrible for beginners regardless of the age

the learning curve is ok, but the boredom curve is ridiculous. literally takes 2 months to get anything worthwhile going to have some fun

true-newbs struggle everytime, but at least with the 1st age (especially the beginning of the age) you at least feel everyone else is struggling too

there is trade-off however, on the old worlds you do not compete with anything, but at the same time that same lack of energy on the server means that all the negative things (disease, AI, etc.) build to absurd levels and unless you are lucky with an active sheriff you get stuck with -90 popularity in your towns
Cripper2

Post by Cripper2 »

If you run tokens and research mathematics at the earliest opportunity you can get through the research at a fastest possible rate. Research is a problem but if you ditch whole areas like banquetting & other individual things such as philosophy you can manage. IT helps if you are an experienced player (+cards) and you have the support of a faction giving you built villages and LL armies. Experience and understanding the mechanics of the game is the most important thing. A complete novice with no initial help, very little carding and tokens for some of the time can start in a world at the beginning of age 3 and get to the top 100 by the end of the age 3. I did that and I can do it four times as fast now with experience

Return to “USA World 2 Lounge (Closed)”