New players be Advised

This USA World 2 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Priest Guardian

New players be Advised

Post by Priest Guardian »

You think a new world is the place for you? Think again

W-3 has 1800 players and tons of charters to buy and room to grow (yes all counties are opened :P )

Its Age 4. What that means is your armies and scouts travel the same speed as a carders here on USA-2. It means you can kill a Pig castle (the same design as here on USA-2) for over 1,000,000 honor. Tell me you wont rank up in a hurry with a million honor by killing 1 pig castle :D

W-3 is mostly a farming world, not much in way of wars. If you want to get a feel for the game at a super fast speed, check it out 8-)

This has been a paid advertisement by Priest Guardian
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Priest Guardian

Re: New players be Advised

Guardian001 wrote:How in the world is a new player gonna kill a pig's castle?
focus research on military/leadership/weapon production , that will be done in minutes. forget banqueting or castle(your not going to be attacked)

launch attack, easy !

after leadership is 500 troops (minutes) . assemble an army. maybe kill a couple wolves for 20 ,000 honor to rank the lower ranks quickly (peasants and archers will do). Then go for an AI castle :)

AWESOME! Viscount in 3 days and 5 villages
Unknownhost

Post by Unknownhost »

rofl

hes leaving a horde of things out XD

like...you need to produce those weapons to build the army, as well as peasants to recruit, stuff to sell to earn gold to do the recruiting. which is extra fun when ya land in a "farmers" parish who doesnt clear disease or kill ai castles. plus in the fourth age you cannot even buy weapons... plus you have to produce the food to feed your large peasnt sized village, the wood and iron production to feed your weapon producers...capacity ti actually hold a few weapons at the minimum or you'll be sitting there waiting on a bow to produce and a peasnt to spawn all day.

as of course the military techs of pikemen/archer hp..likely want 'some' cat firing speed, army movement speed, army size, etc.

not exactly 5minutes after spawning mate.

that being said, it IS waaaay easier to advance on older worlds and learn the ropes of the game. being a newbie on a fresh newly opened world is generally just going to lead to hurt feelings and wasted efforts=p
Priest Guardian

Unknownhost wrote:rofl

hes leaving a horde of things out XD

like...you need to produce those weapons to build the army, as well as peasants to recruit, stuff to sell to earn gold to do the recruiting. which is extra fun when ya land in a "farmers" parish who doesnt clear disease or kill ai castles. plus in the fourth age you cannot even buy weapons... plus you have to produce the food to feed your large peasnt sized village, the wood and iron production to feed your weapon producers...capacity ti actually hold a few weapons at the minimum or you'll be sitting there waiting on a bow to produce and a peasnt to spawn all day.

as of course the military techs of pikemen/archer hp..likely want 'some' cat firing speed, army movement speed, army size, etc.

not exactly 5minutes after spawning mate.

that being said, it IS waaaay easier to advance on older worlds and learn the ropes of the game. being a newbie on a fresh newly opened world is generally just going to lead to hurt feelings and wasted efforts=p
Yet all these conditions you speak of are conditions that exist here on a new world as well. You are only pointing out the unescapable truth of a new players challenges on any world. I am pointing out actual benefits that a new player cannot get from starting on a new world in which they will benefit from an older one in Age 4
Unknownhost

Post by Unknownhost »

you tried to make it sound like any joe newbie without a clue can spawn and start taking out pigs castles 5 minutes after they appear on the map. come on now=p

i pointed out its alot harder than you implied, and ended my statement with an honorable mention about new worlds being harder for new players. though i didnt stoop to explain why... but we knows...we knows... :lol:

also,on old worlds, keep sitting there without a castle on any of them and let other players watch seige camps return from a large sized village. good luck with that. :roll:
Greygamer

Post by Greygamer »

Unknownhost wrote: also,on old worlds, keep sitting there without a castle on any of them and let other players watch seige camps return from a large sized village. good luck with that. :roll:
I think the idea is that it isn't a large sized village, as you have no castle and just use population to replace your troops and build weapons
Macon3

Post by Macon3 »

the older worlds aren't for new players imo either.

sure u can rank up fast, but you'll be a prince with the research of page, because research still goes at the same old rate.

this spells doom/frustration for a new player, because the strength of ai attacks are based on your rank. not to mention most ai castles that spawn will be wolf castles in older worlds.

being a prince with the research of a page and getting hammered by buffed up ai can't be fun.
Shamona

Post by Shamona »

Yeah, I probably made a mistake giving USA-2 a try.

I'm not experienced enough to make a solid go of any of this and it's not ideal to have my butt handed to me repeatedly by pig invasions.

I enjoy the foraging and building aspects of the game, the rest of it escapes me and hasn't gone very well. It's way better than Travian Kingdoms, but the redirects to their tutorial pages every time I click something are ridiculous.

Anyways, I'm now in negative popularity limbo and can't get an army to save my life. Probably gonna take a break and try again another time. Seems like I've just wasted a bunch of time.
dsds212011

Post by dsds212011 »

Yeah whenever I rank up, it is due to necessity. Such as need more research points or need new village slots. If you do it that way, I think you will see why older worlds with more honor gains will make it easier for newer players. As you wouldn't be running out of research points due to not ranking fast enough. Basically you can expand at your own pace without any restrictions. Just don't expand/rank too fast.
SL0P0K3

Post by SL0P0K3 »

If you are a new player you should be starting out in a one of the Newer worlds not an advanced world in age 3 or 4. You would be way behind the curve in those worlds!

Return to “USA World 2 Lounge (Closed)”