USA 2- War & Diplomacy Thread

This USA World 2 forum has been closed following the world closure.
breathnach

Re: USA 2- War & Diplomacy Thread

Post by breathnach »

people starting wars and they hardly have wood and stone never mind faith points and armies to kill each other LOL aaahh its fun. *kills neaby enemy with peasants*
Azrile

Post by Azrile »

why would you not start a war as soon as you had an advantage? give your opponent time to catch up? That is the entire point of war games, you get an advantage and as soon as you do, you exploit it. If you want some artificial rule to prevent wars until you want them, then why have any build phase at all. just give everyone full cities and armies at the start.

This game NEEDS more unpredictable behavior. Players SHOULD be punished if they spend the first 2 weeks not preparing to be attacked. Otherwise we are all going to be playing off some spreadsheet that tells us exactly how to play the first few weeks.
Azrile

Post by Azrile »

and again, if you want an even fight, then why do we have a build phase at all? Why are you not recommending that everyone start with a complete castle?

Also, some common sense. At this point, any map you throw up you know where the heavy carders are going to spawn.. if you are a f2p player... don´t start near them. It doesn´t matter if you delay war for 2 weeks or whatever, if you spawn near a heavy carder now your gameplay is going to suck and you will get rolled as soon as some arbitrary peace phase ends.

This game would suck if there was a time limit on when you could attack someone because then everyone would just build exactly the same way, exactly the way some spreadsheet tells you to build... and in the end, carders are always going to win early, whether it is 2 weeks or 2 months.
Azrile

Post by Azrile »

wooosh.. you totally missed my point. What you guys are asking for is essentially a death-match. You want to have time until everyone has strong castles. It is boring.

The more dynamic gameplay style is that you have to build and at the same time prepare to be attacked. If you want to go full build, then you risk being routed early. As soon as you implement some silly 30 day rule, then there is no decision making.. everyone will do exactly the same thing.

As far as spawning with heavy carders.. I was responding to the person who said that you get wiped out right away. You are correct, there are TWO solutions to this.. Mine - don´t spawn near where you know heavy spawners are going to spawn. Yours - befriend them. Either solution works WITHOUT needing an artificial timer at 30 days.

I don´t want a deathmatch where the game starts after 30 days with everyone being nearly equal.
Azrile

Post by Azrile »

not at all. I made two purchases a long time ago and have been living on my 2 cards per day ever since.

I understand your point of view, it sucks to get whacked early by someone who bought their way. But there are things you can do to avoid that, mainly be nice to them or better, start away from them. But your solution does more harm than good because it takes away any adventure early in a new world. Everyone will just log in and farm, with no sense of risk/reward for ignoring defenses. And if you take away any chance of being attacked for 30 days, then really smart math people are just going to figure out the exact best way to build during those 30 days, it will posted on a website, and soon everyone will be doing it... of course the carders will be doing it much better, which just gets back to where we are now, except they will destroy you on day 31 rather than day 7.

so let´s change the subject... what actually is happening on USA2.. Is anyone actually at war or even being competitive outside their little space?
Azrile

Post by Azrile »

Yep, looks like it happened. Nice that it happened this early, at least it will keep things interesting for a little while longer.
P3ter_Griffin

Post by P3ter_Griffin »

H13 allied with H6 and H1, and declared war on H19 for "hostile actions". When it was house 6 and house 11 committing hostile actions you couldn't get a peep out of leadership... spineless bunch, finally found a house small enough and far enough away from home base they had the "gumption" to start a "war".
greenwitch

Post by greenwitch »

War and diplomacy thread huh ...

Secrets Secrets Secrets please do tell.. :P

Hi guys , I am Greenwitch .. nice to meet you all. Welcome to USA2 I hope that everyone keeps building.

House Diplomacy and wars can be very tricky business.

I hope that all of you are able to grow and build and that you find your place.
dark destroyer

Post by dark destroyer »

h19 made hostile actions my back side we have done nothing h13 was the hostile people they have moved there people in our county flipping parishs and so on

so the only way they could take us down was to get h6 h1 to help them same old story has w9
thing is later in the game all h6 will do is take the best player from h13 then h13 is just a farming faction puppets they are :mrgreen:
greenwitch

Post by greenwitch »

Hey Dark ! I saw you on usa 2 and thought awesome ! Glad your there .

From my understanding H19 did nothing they just got attacked

Return to “USA World 2 Lounge (Closed)”