Parish Steward not taking care of the problems in Parish

This World 3 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Thorson

Re: Parish Steward not taking care of the problems in Parish

Post by Thorson »

I have no clue what you could do with people you don't like in a wargame.
Sgt.Gucci

Post by Sgt.Gucci »

If the steward is not doing his duty as steward which is anything from curing disease, to attacking wolf lairs then he does not need to be the steward, however you cannot try to elect yourself as that is considered by most an act of war.

You should create a thread that includes the steward of the parish AND the sheriff of the county and discuss your problems there, if he is not doing his duty as a steward and running the parish the right way then he doesn't need to be the steward and if you have a reasonable sheriff, he will straighten the steward up, or replace him.

If you need anything else, will quickly reply and help as best I can.

Good luck.
"Know its gotta name but I don't know what to call it"
WRP_Beater

Post by WRP_Beater »

Stewards are, in my opinion, not to be held responsible for curing the disease and destroying the AI. Also, it appears your steward IS the sheriff of the county, so please don't take Gucci's advice in this case :P
Regards,
WRP_Beater
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Unlike beater, I believe that ai castles and curing the parish are totally the responsibility of the steward. You pay taxes to the guy so he can use parish troops to attack so he should at least supply services in return for those taxes if he doesn't he should be voted out of office if he doesn't like it he should be razed
Sgt.Gucci

Post by Sgt.Gucci »

As far as I am concerned, steward's need to take care of their parishes, meaning everything parish related.
That involves, curing disease, building the castle, placing buildings, setting taxes to a reasonable level, attacking wolf lairs, bandit camps, and AI castles, etc.
Donating is of course a parish wide thing and everyone should contribute.

I am not going to argue the responsibilities of the steward but in your situation, the steward is also the sheriff, then there might not be much you can do, usually you can go to the sheriff and have the problem resolved, according to Beater, this is not the case. If the same guy is the steward and the sheriff and he doesn't want to do his job, what can be done.

Try going to the governor, or his faction leader.
WRP_Beater

Post by WRP_Beater »

if he doesn't like it he should be razed
That goes both ways, or actually the other way more than the one you suggest :P
Regards,
WRP_Beater
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Still better than staying with a useless steward either way beater, it is much easier for a steward like me to find people who want to get in the parish and enjoy the bonuses and the fact they don't have to worry about ai castles and diseases, than it is for a steward like you are who does nothing but steal money from those in there.

I got people asking me if theres room in my parishes and my guess is that you don't have a line up for yours
Sgt.Gucci

Post by Sgt.Gucci »

Love the stewards who take care of their parishes 100%, I would be one of the guys lining up to get in that parish.
Everything is always easier when the steward is destroying everything getting you all that extra Honor, and happiness in your villages.

If you cant deal with the responsibilities then you shouldn't be a steward in my opinion, don't hold the parish just to hold it.
Sgt.Gucci

Post by Sgt.Gucci »

Sounds good, sometimes there isn't much you really can do in these situations.
Play with friends, stick together and get dug in close to each other and help each other out, you guys should be good to go.

Return to “World 3 Lounge (Closed)”