Domination 2 world is over (day 42)

All discussion related to the Domination Worlds should be posted here. This Forum has been reopened for the duration of Domination World 3.
FC_Groningen

Domination 2 world is over (day 42)

Post by FC_Groningen »

I've just posted this in my kingseats. The glory race is over after 42 days.

Greetings to everyone,

I would like to share with you all, a simple calculation. Note that all counties, provinces and kingseats in this world will give a daily glory point production of 68600. Kingseats give 2000 glory, province seats 750 and county seats 200.

With that in mind, let's take off the glory points of runner up, house 19, off the total glory points of house 14 and you end up with a lead of 1.359.500. If we divide 1.359.500 with the number of 68600 (daily glory gain minus the parishes), we get a number higher than the remaining amount of days on this world, 19,81 to be exact.

It means that house 14 now officially won this domination world, no matter what happens from now on.

I would like to congratulate my fellow house members, thank our allies and respectfully thank our opponents for a short, but interesting fight for domination. We bear no grudges to another world and would like to invite anyone willing to come with us for another world; regular worlds included so we can all unite in the same house and can all reap the benefits of the rewards. Sadly, no rewards are offered to houses coming in second or third place! Therefore, we recommend not to spend any more money or a lot of time into meaningless fights for a 3rd or 2nd place, stick together and prepare for another world that will surely be launched soon.

I would again mention our allies in particular. We have did the best we could for all of you and have taken in the strongest of you into the house, whether you came from house 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 16. In Sadly, we have no more spots in the house for now and it wouldn't be fair to replace the people that have been with us in the wars and made victory possible. I again thank you all on behalf of house 14.

Respectfully,

House 14
FC_Groningen

Re: Domination 2 world is over (day 42)

Post by FC_Groningen »

With that in mind, perhaps some feedback would be nice. The 60 days had it's advantages and disadvantages. At the start, there were 3 "main competitors" house 6, 14 and 19. Because 14 grew quickly and managed to "merge" with houses 2, 10 and 11 rather fast, house 6 and 19 stopped their fighting and merged instead as both of them were mainly located in Scotland. Houses 9 and 16 joined us in Ireland while 5, 7, 15 and perhaps a few other smaller houses joined 6/19.

Just as the "big war" started, 2 of their main players got banned/stopped playing, which dealt a huge blow to their morale and fighting power. From then on, house 14 could slowly move anywhere and fight the enemy on their homegrounds. The war was over relatively quick, which was both due to the fast speed of the world (which was a good thing according to popular opinion), a demoralized/weakened enemy and also because we took in people that were willing to switch sides and held a county or higher (not something any world setup can change).

Therefore, I don't think the "60 days" were the main problem as some people said, as we just did things very efficiently, even though people might question why we'd take in people that were on the other side.

We all had a feeling that there were a lot of alts going around on the world however, especially at the beginning. Despite that, the world felt empty (especially compared to dom 1) and some counties took ages to "activate" (a percentage of parishes inside a county need people in it before a sheriff election can be held), or became "deactivated" after people left the world again, which is/was a pain to deal with. I would suggest to remove this rule as it barely has any benefit now that all counties are opened all at the same time instead of a few at a time.

In order to make it a faster paced world and to balance things out with other factors that have increased, it might be an idea to increase these factors too.
- Army/captain army/capital army speed. That way it will be easier to launch attacks on targets that are further away too. At this point, any attempt to move north or south could easily be stopped by counter razing a village, which means it's rather hard to invade each other's territory. factor 2 or 3 would do.
- trader speed. "
- monk speed. "
- peasant gaining speed so people can make an army faster.

Apart from that:
- Remove the interdiction quests from future domination worlds. There's a relatively large amount of monking quests in general anyway. Perhaps some balance could be found there too?
- "No interdiction" worlds are awesome.
- Perhaps it would be an idea to increase the honor gain of other aspects as well so people don't all just focus on banquetting. Fighting over wolf lairs and such is a good thing and a ticket to irritation and thus violence. Increase the honor gain from attacking the AI or being attacked by the AI by 2 as well just like banquetting. Passive honor and scouting x 2 as well perhaps.
- In such a fast paced world, the AI and stashes spawn rate must increase at the start as especially at the start, everyone needs these stashes and AI spawns. I believe AI castles, or at least rat castles start spawning on day 4, which is rather late on a Dom world. Having us wait for honor good stashes until day 11 is just cruel, especially with the linked quests popping up so early.
- No glory to be gained from quests is a good thing.
- I personally wouldn't mind a few more slots for members in a house. This world was rather empty and still we lacked the space to fit a decent amount of people in.
- Throw in some consolidation prices for houses that come in 2nd or 3rd as well. It rewards houses that made a good effort and gave a good fight and it might keep a world interesting for a longer time a bigger group of people. At this point, the former members of house 19 just dropped house even though they will clearly end up in second place. With our victory on day 42, there is nothing left to fight for too.
narnar

Post by narnar »

FC_Groningen wrote: - Throw in some consolidation prices for houses that come in 2nd or 3rd as well. It rewards houses that made a good effort and gave a good fight and it might keep a world interesting for a longer time a bigger group of people. At this point, the former members of house 19 just dropped house even though they will clearly end up in second place. With our victory on day 42, there is nothing left to fight for too.
The idea is good but not practical. Because of this major landslide victory the winning house will just move around players to boost the sister houses into 2nd and 3rd slot. The actual house that were fighting the winning house still probably wouldn't get anything.
Arberhoti1

Post by Arberhoti1 »

FC_Groningen wrote:With that in mind, perhaps some feedback would be nice. The 60 days had it's advantages and disadvantages. At the start, there were 3 "main competitors" house 6, 14 and 19. Because 14 grew quickly and managed to "merge" with houses 2, 10 and 11 rather fast, house 6 and 19 stopped their fighting and merged instead as both of them were mainly located in Scotland. Houses 9 and 16 joined us in Ireland while 5, 7, 15 and perhaps a few other smaller houses joined 6/19.

Just as the "big war" started, 2 of their main players got banned/stopped playing, which dealt a huge blow to their morale and fighting power. From then on, house 14 could slowly move anywhere and fight the enemy on their homegrounds. The war was over relatively quick, which was both due to the fast speed of the world (which was a good thing according to popular opinion), a demoralized/weakened enemy and also because we took in people that were willing to switch sides and held a county or higher (not something any world setup can change).

Therefore, I don't think the "60 days" were the main problem as some people said, as we just did things very efficiently, even though people might question why we'd take in people that were on the other side.

We all had a feeling that there were a lot of alts going around on the world however, especially at the beginning. Despite that, the world felt empty (especially compared to dom 1) and some counties took ages to "activate" (a percentage of parishes inside a county need people in it before a sheriff election can be held), or became "deactivated" after people left the world again, which is/was a pain to deal with. I would suggest to remove this rule as it barely has any benefit now that all counties are opened all at the same time instead of a few at a time.

In order to make it a faster paced world and to balance things out with other factors that have increased, it might be an idea to increase these factors too.
- Army/captain army/capital army speed. That way it will be easier to launch attacks on targets that are further away too. At this point, any attempt to move north or south could easily be stopped by counter razing a village, which means it's rather hard to invade each other's territory. factor 2 or 3 would do.
- trader speed. "
- monk speed. "
- peasant gaining speed so people can make an army faster.

Apart from that:
- Remove the interdiction quests from future domination worlds. There's a relatively large amount of monking quests in general anyway. Perhaps some balance could be found there too?
- "No interdiction" worlds are awesome.
- Perhaps it would be an idea to increase the honor gain of other aspects as well so people don't all just focus on banquetting. Fighting over wolf lairs and such is a good thing and a ticket to irritation and thus violence. Increase the honor gain from attacking the AI or being attacked by the AI by 2 as well just like banquetting. Passive honor and scouting x 2 as well perhaps.
- In such a fast paced world, the AI and stashes spawn rate must increase at the start as especially at the start, everyone needs these stashes and AI spawns. I believe AI castles, or at least rat castles start spawning on day 4, which is rather late on a Dom world. Having us wait for honor good stashes until day 11 is just cruel, especially with the linked quests popping up so early.
- No glory to be gained from quests is a good thing.
- I personally wouldn't mind a few more slots for members in a house. This world was rather empty and still we lacked the space to fit a decent amount of people in.
- Throw in some consolidation prices for houses that come in 2nd or 3rd as well. It rewards houses that made a good effort and gave a good fight and it might keep a world interesting for a longer time a bigger group of people. At this point, the former members of house 19 just dropped house even though they will clearly end up in second place. With our victory on day 42, there is nothing left to fight for too.
Totally agreed with him , there are a lot of people that dont banquet , they just wait for stashes and wolfs or castles so if u get more honour it will be nice , and they get dissapointed cuz banqueters will rank up much faster .
FC_Groningen

Post by FC_Groningen »

narnar wrote:
FC_Groningen wrote: - Throw in some consolidation prices for houses that come in 2nd or 3rd as well. It rewards houses that made a good effort and gave a good fight and it might keep a world interesting for a longer time a bigger group of people. At this point, the former members of house 19 just dropped house even though they will clearly end up in second place. With our victory on day 42, there is nothing left to fight for too.
The idea is good but not practical. Because of this major landslide victory the winning house will just move around players to boost the sister houses into 2nd and 3rd slot. The actual house that were fighting the winning house still probably wouldn't get anything.

It's possible people would do that, but we didn't, even if a second or third house would get benefits. Mostly I think because people are afraid of losing their spot in the winning house permanently. Note that it also requires a landslide victory for this to be possible and even if so, the advantages do outweigh the disadvantages. Similar things happen in regular worlds as well and nothing is done against it too, so I'd suggest to have that fixed. Consolidation prices will at least motivate the losing sides to come back and try again as at this point, the next dom world might be even emptier than this one.
narnar

Post by narnar »

You could give away countries for smaller houses so they gain glory no need for members to flip. But yeah maybe a trial for this and see how it works out in Dom3?

Though this might also mean that sister houses would not help the main house if they didn't agree to help them into 2nd and 3rd spot. Could result in a more fun fighting environment.
FC_Groningen

Post by FC_Groningen »

No one in the house feels like giving away the stuff they worked for and built up. If people want to abuse the system, it always will be a possibility.
narnar

Post by narnar »

Which brings me to the question of why the * do sister houses even exist? If none of the main house is willing to support them into 2nd or 3rd slot for their support then what is in it for them? Especially on a domination world that will end in a set amount of time.

Hopefully this then would show them that there is no point and it would actually be more than 2 houses fighting over the world. Unfortunately from past experience of this game most players are so spineless that they would rather consider themselves as de facto winners and for what? So that they can say they've helped to win a world?

With this said I think it would be better to change the 20 house to 5 bigger houses. People have already showed that they have no interest in making 20 small houses fighting over a world, it will end up as 2 sides either way. Though I think this is a change that will never happen, they will try and make players fight each other with smaller houses to spice up worlds, but when did it ever work? On either of the Dom worlds or the worlds that have reached age 4?

(totally not related to domination but perhaps its time to merge worlds. Let's say close worlds that are old and dead, give every player an option to choose from which of those worlds "profiles" you get to start with in the new world where everyone starts over with a small village but with rank and research done from the closed world)
FC_Groningen

Post by FC_Groningen »

narnar wrote:Which brings me to the question of why the * do sister houses even exist? If none of the main house is willing to support them into 2nd or 3rd slot for their support then what is in it for them? Especially on a domination world that will end in a set amount of time.

Hopefully this then would show them that there is no point and it would actually be more than 2 houses fighting over the world. Unfortunately from past experience of this game most players are so spineless that they would rather consider themselves as de facto winners and for what? So that they can say they've helped to win a world?

With this said I think it would be better to change the 20 house to 5 bigger houses. People have already showed that they have no interest in making 20 small houses fighting over a world, it will end up as 2 sides either way. Though I think this is a change that will never happen, they will try and make players fight each other with smaller houses to spice up worlds, but when did it ever work? On either of the Dom worlds or the worlds that have reached age 4?

(totally not related to domination but perhaps its time to merge worlds. Let's say close worlds that are old and dead, give every player an option to choose from which of those worlds "profiles" you get to start with in the new world where everyone starts over with a small village but with rank and research done from the closed world)
Not all people are there to go for the prices. Some just want to have fun and either farm, even on a dom world, or just want a decent fight. People often still can earn their way into the main house if they prove they are worthy of being part of it. Until victory was secure, it was a requirement to hold a county or better, if you wanted to be part of house 14 and not get kicked. There were a few exceptions of course, but that was the general rule. Apart from that, ties from other worlds often play a part in politics, either because they like a group and favor them over others, or because people don't want to see a specific person/group win.

The reason this world had little contest was because we were very efficient in war time, the server being thinly populated from the start and because people started switching sides rather early. Having 2 of our main opponents banned/stepping out of the game dealt a huge blow to their morale before things got started too.
narnar

Post by narnar »

Yeah I suppose you're right. Idk why anyone would farm on a domination world but suppose since they give away prices for leaderboard that could be a reason. Or just a personal challenge of seeing how far you can go in a short time.

I am not saying H14 did the wrong thing with the county requirement rule, I probably wouldn't complain had I been able to get a county or so but I wonder if this isn't potentially damaging for the world. I had to go to make room for someone who switched sides because he was a king. And I'm okay with that, I wasn't able to be active enough during the week of war. But I wonder if this doesn't rather make people rank up and become kings as soon as they can instead of trying to put up a fight. Then they can just flip to the winning house. I am not trying to take away credit from H14, but while I was in H14 some areas seemed to flip solely because the sheriff or king flipped not because it was taken by H14.

Maybe I am wrong and if so sorry for accusing anyone for that but that was my interpretation of the situation.

Return to “Domination World Lounge”