2nd age disaster

This World 8 forum has been closed following the world closure.
meatball2k

2nd age disaster

Post by meatball2k »

Ok can we just skip to the 4th age, I think we all know whats going to happen here, lets knock it down to 3 factions per house and see what happens. I assume everyone of the players that is in the main houses just use this world for the rewards and have no ambition to actually make the game competitive.

yes I don't even play this world apart from a few minutes here and there and it frustrates me, the mentality of people who play the game is whats most frustrating. not all people, I also know some people like to manage resources but in main I think a world where there is no real competition is boring and whoever is not in the main houses just end up leaving the world.
DarkTorren

Re: 2nd age disaster

Post by DarkTorren »

Perhaps it is an entirely predictable outcome.

You cannot expect players to act against their best interests. Those who fought to establish dominance in the first age aren't just going to suddenly give it up because the age has changed.

The ones who I don't understand are the ones in the "sister house(s)" who maintain the status quo for no personal benefit. That really does my head in.....but I got over it months ago and have moved onto new worlds.

I play W8 to stay in touch with old friends and do a bit of farming myself. Farmville 'aint so bad ;)
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I am assuming what has happened its that there has been agreement made that the people who stuck it out in the sister house in 1sta ge will now be in the glory house in 2nd age.

It seems w8 is trully a world where poeple are happy to do there resource management (farm) deal with the odd flare up. Then rcv there award at the oend of the age. Its just a shame for people who want to compete because lets face it, no one can take on 28 factions and about 50 million points. Thats why I like the sound of age 4 with only 3 factions per house. Gotta provide a competetive world again.
DarkTorren

Post by DarkTorren »

Don't count on it.

You can change the number of houses, or the number of factions, or the number of members per faction and it won't make a single bit of difference. Where there is a will to maintain a monopoly there is a way.

If you want a competitive world with major wars going on then go to a new world and play from the beginning.

Old worlds are dead worlds. They have been won already - move on.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

haha yeah I play a few worlds, w7 and europe mainly. I still pop onto w5,w6 and w8 daily but dont spend alot of time there.

I have said it many times if there is a big enough reward for winning a age then friendships will go out the window, people will want a piece of the pie and will nto sit back and watch someone else pick up the reward while they help them and gain nothing from it. I will slowly build on w8 and see hwat happens. I am under no illusions though I expect the same thing as age 1
AntiCapt

Post by AntiCapt »

Well stick around boys, W8 is about to get a lot more interesting.

Also on the sister faction point, they are generally treated as feeders for the dominant faction and as players rank up - they move across and take more players into the smaller house. It is a continuous flow, players in the dominant faction are going inactive and sister faction players are replacing them.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

yeah w8 pretty much like a training world for the new guys, as there aint any fighting ever happening apart from the odd reconstruction of 300 obviously instead of it beign 300 against 250k its like 1 vs 800 or maybe 30 vs 800, either way the smaller faction or person aint ever going to win
AntiCapt

Post by AntiCapt »

The two largest houses on W8, H10 & H11 are now at war.

I'm not sure what else you could ask for, it's all out war and chaos right now maybe you lot should get into a fighting house if you're not enjoying it.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Yeah you are right, just dont have the time really. I am glad h11 are fighting, dont think they will win though, h10 have the majority of the main players of w8 and alot of them have recently came back to w8 properly after karma biting them in the * on europe as they got a kicking from the germans lol
njordan

Post by njordan »

Don't count us out just yet ;) we may be outnumbered but H10 have got a lot of farmers. And H1 has just joined the fight against them.

Return to “World 8 Lounge (Closed)”