EU Map Preview

EU1 has ended following the Final Age completion.
BombaRuLz

Re: EU Map Preview

Post by BombaRuLz »

asd
Last edited by BombaRuLz on Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathorius

Post by Nathorius »

I'm wondering what kind of capital cities you have in mind for The Netherlands / Belgium, since some are on quite strange positions.
Redvuko

Post by Redvuko »

Hello,
i think the map is too small for the mass of active gamers. now its finally here the EU-Server and than its small like this.

lG
Nathorius

Post by Nathorius »

CaptSkubba wrote:
francoz88 wrote:mestna občina maribor properly it is Ljubljana
Hi francoz88, Mestna Občina Maribor is the name of the County. THe name of the Capital city there is Ljubljana.

All names that you can see in the image are County names.

Thanks.
but it it is not true so you are lying
Mestna Občina Maribor is 2 largest municipality in Slovenia
I do not know how you can name the country like that the name of the country is Slovenia[/quote]

Yes, it is in Slovenia. Mestna Občina Maribor is the County, not Country name.[/quote]

I don't know what you made the country name, but the region francoz88 ment is in reality the country Slovenia. You managed to split former Yoguslavia in 2 countries in stead of 7. So that might make some people look with suspicioin to this map. You should actually have the countries: slovenia, croatia, bosnia-hercegovina on the left and on the right serbia, kosovo, montenegro and macedonia (FYROM).

Update: ahum, I see you even managed to add Albania to Serbia... I see a new balcan war cominig up already... so you've created two countries in stead of 8.
Marius IV

Post by Marius IV »

Hi, in Greece we don't really use the word Περιφέρεια. It is just a technical word that has the sense of the district.

In reality it is the same as Italy for example where you have Sicilia, Calabria, Campania etc.

So you can pls rename them to the following - starting from the south :

Κρήτη or ΚΡΗΤΗ

Πελοπόννησος or ΠΕΛΟΠΟΝΝΗΣΟΣ

Στερεά Ελλάδα or ΣΤΕΡΕΑ ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Ηπείρος or HΠΕΙΡΟΣ

Κεντρική Μακεδονία οr KΕΝΤΡΙΚΗ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ

Ανατολική Μακεδονία και Θράκη or ΑΝΑΤΟΛΙΚΗ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ ΚΑΙ ΘΡΑΚΗ

Υοu have also made Περιφερεία Ηπείρου to be a lot larger than it is in reality but adding there the districts of Δυτική Μακεδονία and Θεσσαλία. I understand it is done for simplicity but it would have been better to have cut Περιφερεία Ηπείρου in 2 as it is, west side and east side so you could add Θεσσαλία as the east side.
If you cannot now split in half then please CHANGE the name of Περιφερεία Ηπείρου to Περιφέρεια Θεσσαλίας οr Θεσσαλία. It is a lot more accurate as Θεσσαλία contains the larger part of the area.

Also Πελοποννησος should have been portraited as an island. I don't understand why you had to merge it with the mainland.
Last edited by Marius IV on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kedavra

Post by Kedavra »

I would also like to add some changes to Austria. It would be great if those changes could be added.

The country is splitted into 2 provinces.

The capital cities of the eastern province should be selected differently. The capital of the eastern province should be Graz and not St.Pölten, since Graz is the second biggest city of Austria. By far bigger than St.Pölten.

Addditionally choosing Innsbruck as the capital for the western province might be better as well.

Edit: Another addition I want to make. Avoid calling a german county "Zentral", it is true this word can be translated with central but you should not use it the same way. You should better find a better name for that region, for example "Sachsen" or at least "Zentrum" instead of "Zentral", cause this would be the correct form of the word.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Give FF a break, there not perfect but they have put togetehr a good map and made some adjustments already, time is closing in though so chances are they wont be able to make many more ammendments.
CaptSkubba

Post by CaptSkubba »

Hi, I have updated the original post with some further naming changes.

Unfortunately some other changes, such as moving capital cities, redrawing borders, etc, cannot be done for a number of reasons.

Thanks for all your input, feedback adn help with this. I hope you enjoy the map.
Kedavra

Post by Kedavra »

Well, I think giving them some advice on how to make this look better can't be wrong.
LadyLiberty

Post by LadyLiberty »

Firefly has always been good at making changes per request and im sure after the Map starts continued updates will be made to constantly improve the map. I would assume that this map is the start for much more to come and a test to see how large maps will succeed. So lets make it good!!!

Return to “EU World One Lounge (Finished)”