EU Map Preview

EU1 has ended following the Final Age completion.
FC_Groningen

Re: EU Map Preview

Post by FC_Groningen »

heh, didn't think this would unleash in so much feedback.
Laadislav

Post by Laadislav »

The Czech Republic is a bad layout regions and some regions are missing.

There is foto with right regions.
http://www.zemepis.com/images/mapycr/krajecr.jpg
Macue

Post by Macue »

I would like to see some change to Norway, the southern county should be named Sør-Norge, then Trøndelag og Møre, then Nordland and then Finmark. Though there should be five provinces instead of four, Vestlandet, Østlandet og sørlandet, Trøndelag, Nordland and Finmark. Something like this http://i501.photobucket.com/albums/e414 ... 42387e.jpg.
Colors in the picture:
Black - Østlandet and Sørlandet
Blue - Vestlandet
Green - Trøndelag
Red - Nordland
Brown/red - Finmark

And I would also like to point out that Norway looks really bad at the map.
CaptSkubba

Post by CaptSkubba »

Hi again everyone.

I've managed to get in a last list of changes, and have updated the original post. These were.

PORTUGAL
Alentejo will be renamed as Douro
Região Norte will be renamed as Estremadura
Castelo Branco will be renamed as Beiras
Distrito de Faro will be renamed as Alentejo

GERMANY
Zentral will be renamed as Sachsen

CZECH
Kraj Vysocina will be renamed as Jihomoravský kraj

NORWAY
Sør-Trøndelag will be renamed as Trøndelag

We cannot make any changes to capital cities names otr locations, and cannot move or add/remove borders. All borders were made in the game for technical and strategic reasons in the best interest of the games experience. Again, this may seem perplexing to some, but we feel it will work out best for the game.

Thanks again for all yoru feedback. Only a few hours to go before you can all play the map!
erwing.helveticus

Post by erwing.helveticus »

Thank a lot CaptSkubba for your work within those last minutes before the start of Europe World.

The joy of playing do not detract from some false geographical designations.

We have no geography lesson.

I hope you enjoy the game wherever you are.
Zaduzai

Post by Zaduzai »

So this European Map is based present day?
In Europe are 50 countries (one more than Asia - after fallen empires now days everyone loves to have their own nation) and if I calculated right in map there are 33 countries (counties in SHK).

And I'm sorry for those who's country is not there but let's face it 33 countries are much more than any other map even included Russian Map. And I think including all 50 countries that would be just too much for SHK game balance.
Talking about game balance - I think both nations borders and borders inside nations are not made accurate because of game balance.
For example my home country Finland is divided four part which means it has left out the most important province Etelä-Suomen aluehallintovirasto (do not use it - even 99% Finns do not know the official names of provinces) where lives almost half of population. And I bet most of towns (parishes) names are wrong. Again not big deal they are wrong even official maps which have made other than Finns and this SHK map... ;)

If those European countries which were lucky enough to made it to map are in game counties which are countries than? Or how hierarchy goes in EU Map?
Kedavra

Post by Kedavra »

Thank you firefly for listening to our advice.
Dellwyndria

Post by Dellwyndria »

Good Luck everyone and above all HAVE FUN :D This looks like it will be a great map to play on
CaptSkubba

Post by CaptSkubba »

Zaduzai wrote:If those European countries which were lucky enough to made it to map are in game counties which are countries than? Or how hierarchy goes in EU Map?
I am unsure of exactly what you're asking here.

For clarification though, the map is made up of (in SHK Terms) 33 Countries, 86 Provinces and 197 Counties.
JokeMaster

Post by JokeMaster »

Hah yar servers are totalu unprepared. The capacity limit was reached under 30 seconds.

Return to “EU World One Lounge (Finished)”