Feedback on Domination world

All discussion related to the Domination Worlds should be posted here. This Forum has been reopened for the duration of Domination World 3.
metroman

Re: Feedback on Domination world

Post by metroman »

Odin29 wrote:villages don't cost honor on the domination world, you can get 27 villages at Prince by just capping them or buying charters.
I've only played the game since Alpha, so that still confuses me...how to get that many villages and that much Honor to get rank up to Prince 14th in Line without cards, when I haven't used any (other then the ones I get twice a day) and only just made Duke, must be spending tons of Gold for villages then.

If there's a cost-free way, then be my teacher. :)
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

metroman wrote:
Odin29 wrote:villages don't cost honor on the domination world, you can get 27 villages at Prince by just capping them or buying charters.
I've only played the game since Alpha, so that still confuses me...how to get that many villages and that much Honor to get rank up to Prince 14th in Line without cards, when I haven't used any (other then the ones I get twice a day) and only just made Duke, must be spending tons of Gold for villages then.

SHK is not a war game, it is a resource management game. Gold is a resource that can be generated passively by taxation or actively via merchants. If you looked at the leaderboard in the first weeks the top players via rank were also the top players via goods sold and banquet good consumed.

Everyone gets cards via the twice a day rewards. Are you trying to play those cards or convert them into card points? There are a number of resource generating cards that cost few card points.

And I do not research decoration until after I have maxxed out my economy. I think that passive honor generation is overrated. I prefer banqueting.
Odin29

Post by Odin29 »

metroman wrote:

On the Domination world you get twice as many villages per rank of Leadership, and you get twice the honor from banquets. Villages and castles and capitals build at 4x speed, and flags for parishes spawn at 3x speed. So it's very fast to build a village, fully upgrade a parish, etc. With all the extra villages you're churning out gold and honor much more quickly, and villages don't cost honor so they're very very easy to get. Gold is very easy to get on all worlds, you just have to keep your guys taxed and keep selling goods. If I sell (without cards) all day, and combine with tax, I will make about 1-1.2million gold. If I play some cards, I can get that up to about 4 million gold :).

Obviously I play cards, I just don't buy them. You get 2 free cards a day plus you get cards from doing quests.
metroman

Post by metroman »

TSP-demnec wrote:Next time you create a world with potential like this have all the rules and changes from the normal servers clearly stated or at least some type of hint....

We came across several things that had we known at the beginning would have changed the way we did things....

Sounds good, but totally lost on what specific issues you're addressing...
PsychoticUK

Post by PsychoticUK »

I think he means the honour costs, in normal worlds you know villages cost honour for the 11th+, so if he knew in advance they cost no honour things would have been different.

I'm sure other effects like 4x build speed was sent out to everyone.
Odin29

Post by Odin29 »

Well, the domination world is winding down, and I'm trying to think of more feedback to give.

Number of villages: This one I'm not sure how I feel. On one side of the coin it's awesome having that many villages, plus it's a great way to help populate a less populated world, but on the other side of the coin it's crazy trying to manage that many villages plus they don't feel important. You can raze an enemy village or lose one of your own and you don't even really care. But, with no ID, losing villages happens constantly. I feel that the hurt of losing a village is pretty balanced with the difficulty of razing it. However, I would suggest that a small increase in the price of charters might be in order. As it stands, I haven't even bothered sending our merchants in days and gold is just kinda an after thought to me. If I was focusing on making gold, I could easily make 800k-1mil / day, that's enough to pay for about 4 charters.. kinda ridiculous.

With all those extra villages comes the whole faith point debate. Faith is also just kinda an afterthought, unless you spend a week trading faith with someone. Between all the quests and all those villages churning out faith, there's just too much of it to go around. Perhaps increasing the price of voting to 2x would help with that? It certainly would fall into the theme of a world that's to be primarily decided by combat.

Speaking of combat and glory, after further thought on the quest rewards from glory, I feel they should be reduced by 85-90% or completely removed. Perhaps setting an alternate reward of a card pack or something instead of the standard reward might encourage more players to play on this type of world.

Speaking of players on this world. The population seemed low from the start, and it seems to have declined throughout the war. I didn't expect this type of world to be as populated as say, USA1, but worlds need players other than just the big hitters. Teams and alliances should consist of hundreds of players in my opinion. On standard worlds the none carders tend to band together to beat up 1-2 really big carders and generally win over time, but I think the reasons for lack of players on this world are 2 fold. Firstly, players feel less inclined to play on a world that they know will end after 100 days. They feel they will "lose all their hard work," even if they generally will only play on a new world for about that much time.. it's psychological. Secondly, and the bigger reason I believe, is that people who aren't carders don't realize that they CAN fight against none carders and still win, especially if they team up. They feel that the world is over before it even begins. Perhaps offering another incentive to play, like mentioned above (or like that awesome contest, but unfortunately no one really knew about it until late in the game.) Other incentives could be ingame quests (not contests) that might offer a chance at a couple card packs or something if they fight a much higher ranked player or something.

I can't really think of much else. All in all this has been one AMAZING ride, and I'm glad to have the opportunity to be a part of SHK history on the first of (I hope) many Domination worlds.
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

100 days is too short.
I will not play another time limited world, no matter how much I like the rules.
metroman

Post by metroman »

I would say the 100 Day concept would work great if they removed the Monks all together....There are a lot of players that started, but then left the World (or maybe the game) due to some in the World that mainly do nothing but Monk votes for themselves in Parishes, Counties, Provinces (and more then likely the Countries). And due to ID never being used, Faith Points just accrue daily to more then is ever necessary. Even illness hardly ever shows up as often as it did in World 1.

I've been playing since World 1 back when it was still Alpha, and definitely not seeing the progress (other then graphics and some -definitely not all - card updates) getting any more interesting or fun due to it simply focusing on players who pay tons of money....(Some as Crown Prince in 40 days was incredible as to how much they paid for in the game. I've got a family that can use the money more importantly but also love to play the game).

Now I enjoy the concept of the game, and understand the need to encourage players to pay, but at the same time it's making a lot of people I've talked to want to leave since they never felt anything fair or motivating for them to continue. It's a very tough challenge in itself to make both options equally fun for all players.

There...that's my thoughts based on the addition of Domination Worlds. I'll wait a little bit to see if changes are made in the future, and if not, it was a great time playing, and I honestly still miss it when it was only World 1 back in the days.

Return to “Domination World Lounge”