Feedback on Domination world

All discussion related to the Domination Worlds should be posted here. This Forum has been reopened for the duration of Domination World 3.
honvik

Re: Feedback on Domination world

Post by honvik »

Nice feedback. I think I survived a few days and died :P pays to be active in this world for sure.
Junior Mod for SHK
Element Zero Multi-Gaming Guild
http://www.ez-guild.com
Odin29

Post by Odin29 »

honvik wrote:Nice feedback. I think I survived a few days and died :P pays to be active in this world for sure.
This world is definitely brutal, and I think most of the active participants are loving it :D. If you can pass my feedback on to the dev team that'd be awesome. I'll continue to post feedback as the world continues. I seriously hope they keep this type of world going, as it's incredibly fun :).
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

This is the best world.
Best rule set, but like all worlds, very quiet.
And, with a 100 day limit, it is not worth putting much effort into building up.

Players are quitting because it is too quiet.
There has been a very small amount of raiding, but no war anywhere near me.

I see an abundance of empty charters.
Not much need for war when charters are abundant.

Odin29 says there is lots of war.
Maybe I should move to his area.
But, with only 43 days left it is hardly worth the effort.

As for defining winning, I think quests should not count.
Winning should be purely by territory, control of capitals.

Quests should be purely for the prizes/bonuses.
Glory from quests severely undermines the game, making it farmerville.

I would love to see the level of action that we had during Beta and the First Age on World 1.
Nothing has come close to that since then.

It has been a good farmville game.
But it could be so much more.
kwud

Post by kwud »

then make it so much more.

start razing everyone around you and im sure you will start to see some sort of action

pick up the empty charters and take a couple counties, if your farming so well you should have the honour to rankup and take 30 villages like some people already have.

my only suggestion would be to allow us to start off with half of all our research completed. this would allow for faster fighting and more time for war,
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

Sure. I could start attacking the peaceful people around me.
But, I would be on my own, like a Wolf's castle.
Everyone would attack me to get rid of me.
It would be a fun way to exit the game.

I would rather be part of a war, with strategy and planning.
But, I have seen no evidence of that for a very long time.
Odin29

Post by Odin29 »

AuKhan wrote:This is the best world.
Best rule set, but like all worlds, very quiet.
And, with a 100 day limit, it is not worth putting much effort into building up.

Players are quitting because it is too quiet.
There has been a very small amount of raiding, but no war anywhere near me.

I see an abundance of empty charters.
Not much need for war when charters are abundant.

Odin29 says there is lots of war.
Maybe I should move to his area.
But, with only 43 days left it is hardly worth the effort.

As for defining winning, I think quests should not count.
Winning should be purely by territory, control of capitals.

Quests should be purely for the prizes/bonuses.
Glory from quests severely undermines the game, making it farmerville.

I would love to see the level of action that we had during Beta and the First Age on World 1.
Nothing has come close to that since then.

It has been a good farmville game.
But it could be so much more.
You're in House 11, which I believe is a weaker support house for House 6. The major war is between House 16 and House 6, and of course all of their allies. If you want to fight, you're naturally on the side of House 6, so start attacking House 16 and it's allies. You'll get plenty of action, trust me :D. Or heck, just join up with House 16's allies and fight House 6, you're dead center of their territory.. you'd get a lot of action lol.
metroman

Post by metroman »

I would recommend for future Worlds as this one was, remove some of the Village Charters in the Parishes and increase the Gold Tax....there's too many empty Charters around that no one ever takes, and there are some Parishes where no one is even in them...and if someone is in one, they are inactive...nice to steal Flags, but that's not even needed to do unless it's a Quest.
Odin29

Post by Odin29 »

metroman wrote:I would recommend for future Worlds as this one was, remove some of the Village Charters in the Parishes and increase the Gold Tax....there's too many empty Charters around that no one ever takes, and there are some Parishes where no one is even in them...and if someone is in one, they are inactive...nice to steal Flags, but that's not even needed to do unless it's a Quest.

Only 3 charters have spawned per parish so far. I feel like that's a good number. If it's reduced any further then the wait time to convert a captured village definitely needs to be removed.
metroman

Post by metroman »

That's the problem...even if there is three there, no one comes to take any of them, so I've got my village being the only one in the Parishes...next to impossible to even get the Parish strong enough to fight in this 100 day window soon enough to do anything significant when wars begin...difficult to get Guilds created, and near impossible to get enough Gold to get troops (outside of sending them from my village, making me more threatened from other attacks on me)
Odin29

Post by Odin29 »

metroman wrote:That's the problem...even if there is three there, no one comes to take any of them, so I've got my village being the only one in the Parishes...next to impossible to even get the Parish strong enough to fight in this 100 day window soon enough to do anything significant when wars begin...difficult to get Guilds created, and near impossible to get enough Gold to get troops (outside of sending them from my village, making me more threatened from other attacks on me)
Reducing the number of charters won't help that. You could buy those charters then you would have more villages in the parish to help build it up :). Charters are also pretty important strategically in a war zone, especially with no interdict.

Return to “Domination World Lounge”