Feedback on New World Types

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.

I think the Domination world sounds:

Exciting!
52%
Frightening!
17%
Not sure.
31%

Total votes: 218

FC_Groningen

Re: Feedback on New World Types

Post by FC_Groningen »

For the domination world as that one is over. (Not even in theory any house can catch up to house 14 anymore)

The 60 days had it's advantages and disadvantages. At the start, there were 3 "main competitors" house 6, 14 and 19. Because 14 grew quickly and managed to "merge" with houses 2, 10 and 11 rather fast, house 6 and 19 stopped their fighting and merged instead as both of them were mainly located in Scotland. Houses 9 and 16 joined us in Ireland while 5, 7, 15 and perhaps a few other smaller houses joined 6/19.

Just as the "big war" started, 2 of their main players got banned/stopped playing, which dealt a huge blow to their morale and fighting power. From then on, house 14 could slowly move anywhere and fight the enemy on their homegrounds. The war was over relatively quick, which was both due to the fast speed of the world (which was a good thing according to popular opinion), a demoralized/weakened enemy and also because we took in people that were willing to switch sides and held a county or higher (not something any world setup can change).

Therefore, I don't think the "60 days" were the main problem as some people said, as we just did things very efficiently, even though people might question why we'd take in people that were on the other side.

We all had a feeling that there were a lot of alts going around on the world however, especially at the beginning. Despite that, the world felt empty (especially compared to dom 1) and some counties took ages to "activate" (a percentage of parishes inside a county need people in it before a sheriff election can be held), or became "deactivated" after people left the world again, which is/was a pain to deal with. I would suggest to remove this rule as it barely has any benefit now that all counties are opened all at the same time instead of a few at a time.

In order to make it a faster paced world and to balance things out with other factors that have increased, it might be an idea to increase these factors too.
- Army/captain army/capital army speed. That way it will be easier to launch attacks on targets that are further away too. At this point, any attempt to move north or south could easily be stopped by counter razing a village, which means it's rather hard to invade each other's territory. factor 2 or 3 would do.
- trader speed. "
- monk speed. "
- peasant gaining speed so people can make an army faster.

Apart from that:
- Remove the interdiction quests from future domination worlds. There's a relatively large amount of monking quests in general anyway. Perhaps some balance could be found there too?
- "No interdiction" worlds are awesome.
- Perhaps it would be an idea to increase the honor gain of other aspects as well so people don't all just focus on banquetting. Fighting over wolf lairs and such is a good thing and a ticket to irritation and thus violence. Increase the honor gain from attacking the AI or being attacked by the AI by 2 as well just like banquetting. Passive honor and scouting x 2 as well perhaps.
- In such a fast paced world, the AI and stashes spawn rate must increase at the start as especially at the start, everyone needs these stashes and AI spawns. I believe AI castles, or at least rat castles start spawning on day 4, which is rather late on a Dom world. Having us wait for honor good stashes until day 11 is just cruel, especially with the linked quests popping up so early.
- No glory to be gained from quests is a good thing.
- I personally wouldn't mind a few more slots for members in a house. This world was rather empty and still we lacked the space to fit a decent amount of people in.
- Throw in some consolidation prices for houses that come in 2nd or 3rd as well. It rewards houses that made a good effort and gave a good fight and it might keep a world interesting for a longer time a bigger group of people. At this point, the former members of house 19 just dropped house even though they will clearly end up in second place. With our victory on day 42, there is nothing left to fight for too.
PsychoticUK

Post by PsychoticUK »

A lot of people who played Domination liked the fast pace settings, however the limit of 60 or 100 days was too short and the winner was determined early on.

This world would not have a time limit, but would instead be like the First Age, so instead of a House getting one star and the world closing, the House would have to eliminate all other Houses. With limited players in each House, glory would need to be buffed but still keep the 1 million points mark. Also thrown in some 4th Age changes to the mix.

new features:

x4 glory produced per capital (parish, county, province & country)
x3 army/scout speed
up to 40 villages (or 50...)
allow bombards

recurring features:

no interdiction
3 Factions per House, with 20 members each
Able to attack faction members
x2 village slots
x2 honour for banquets
x3 flag spawn rate
up to x50 parish tithe
based on Anglo-Saxon map
and so on...

Also for a change of scenery, an idea for an East Asia map:

It could have 6 countries; China, Japan, Mongolia, Korea plus ancient countries like Manchuria and Tibet.

Not going into too much detail, just a general idea.
china-map.png
china-map.png (46.26 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
SirRock

Post by SirRock »

I have an idea for a new world type... A European map that isn't dominated by farming alt-questers.
metroman

Post by metroman »

PsychoticUK wrote:A lot of people who played Domination liked the fast pace settings, however the limit of 60 or 100 days was too short and the winner was determined early on.

This world would not have a time limit, but would instead be like the First Age, so instead of a House getting one star and the world closing, the House would have to eliminate all other Houses. With limited players in each House, glory would need to be buffed but still keep the 1 million points mark. Also thrown in some 4th Age changes to the mix.

new features:

x4 glory produced per capital (parish, county, province & country)
x3 army/scout speed
up to 40 villages (or 50...)
allow bombards

recurring features:

no interdiction
3 Factions per House, with 20 members each
Able to attack faction members
x2 village slots
x2 honour for banquets
x3 flag spawn rate
up to x50 parish tithe
based on Anglo-Saxon map
and so on...

Also for a change of scenery, an idea for an East Asia map:

It could have 6 countries; China, Japan, Mongolia, Korea plus ancient countries like Manchuria and Tibet.

Not going into too much detail, just a general idea.
china-map.png

Add the Phillipines as an active country then I'm there. Just add Clark AB and Mt. Pinatubo!
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

I want a world everything is normal except you can only use ONE card a day... Pick carefully LOL

Pretty much every time parish votes reset you are allowed to use another card. Treasure castles will still spawn normally as will other card giving quests you just can't use them if you've already used your daily amount of cards

I think this would even the playing field between carders and non carders If 1 card is too few perhaps increase it up to 1-5 a day
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

King of the hill would be great.

But, any world with a short life span is a waste of time.
No time to properly develop your kingdom.
lord slayer61

Post by lord slayer61 »

I haven't read all the posts here yet so idk if someone has posted this yet, but wouldn't it be a good idea to have a Full World Map with a majority of the countries in the world added?

We already have all of Europe as a map and we have the USA, so why not go all out and make a proper world map with all 7 continents in it?

i'm not a dev so i can only guess at how hard it would be to make, but if you did pull off a map were everyone from all over the world can fight for the country they live in then your gonna get alot of people playing ;)
lord slayer61

Post by lord slayer61 »

narnar wrote:Probably going to be a scaling problem. Countries like UK would be 2-3 parishes if USA would be like 150 and Russia 300. Let's remember that new maps won't really be larger, they just have a different scaling.

The only really decent way this would work is to make each continent a country. At best most countries (real map) would be counties (game map) except the larger ones that would be provinces like russia, china, canada, usa, brazil.
FF are allowed to think outside the box if their gonna make a map that has every continent then they can change the games rules abit, i don't care if the scaling is off abit or if they devide the map up into sections, i wouldn't care if i had to load up a section of the world individually, i'd be more focused on my own area if i couldn't see the rest of the map without having to load it up

150 parishes for USA is thinking real small, i wanna see thousands of American's playing to try and fight for control of country

Although to achieve this, FF would actually have to advertise the game
FC_Groningen

Post by FC_Groningen »

But you can't predict how many people will join a world from the start in most cases. To me, it was a surprise only that little people joined the second domination world and I don't think anyone could see it coming considering Domination 1 was that much popular. It's a shame; No interdiction and no glory quests and a quickened game was a great way to play. Next world should have domination rules if you ask me.
trickynickyuk

Post by trickynickyuk »

So guys is there going to be anything different in euro2 or is it going to be the same mess as the rest of the new words on here

Is FF going to have a different Game set rules or is it going to be the same The person with the most money will win if so it will be yet another waste of a world

Return to “Feedback”