Should World 8 be reset now ?

This World 8 forum has been closed following the world closure.
mr_j936

Re: Should World 8 be reset now ?

Post by mr_j936 »

Too early to tell, perhaps when players get bored enough, house 16 may turn on itself :P

All I know is, this glory round ends, I'm gonna be waiting for the next new server to hop on, it'll just be maintenance work for my account in world 8 from now on
mr_j936

Post by mr_j936 »

Not only do I log in, I also pillage inactives :P I am rank 20 pillager on there (fear me :P) and yeah it is getting boring, I never really got any action either, it's liek the war ended before I even got a village in england...

I did learn a great deal from the vast mistakes I made this round, and I'll be changing flavor in any next server from military/weapons production to maybe monking/foraging. that is if I do play again, I'm a very obsessed person games easily ruin my life :P and this one is just addictive

what I currently look forward to the most on server 8 is me being able to finish the quests and get me some wheel spins
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

How is the population compared to other worlds?
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Check out the forums in game if anyone is in Scotland I tried to unite scotland many times but they would not listen so they killed of h13 and h19 and they all left the server pretty much so any chance of fightng off h16 is gone,

People think by gaining all the big players and forming huge alliances is a good tactic, in real life in ancient history it probably is, but I always say its equivillent in soccer terms to signing 11 star players and adding them to your already fully built team, not only that but you get to play them all at the same time so its effecitvely a super squad of 30 men against your average squad of 11 men. It is obvious who will win so you cant really get any sense of achievement from winning. If you fight 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1 then thats an ahceivement in this game. as the saying goes though dont hate the player hate the game, if the reward was bigger and there was less factions then there would be less chance of huge alliances as everyone would want a piece of the reward on offer but I think all you win is 5 wheel spins after 6-9 months of hard work....not really worth it is it....

Summary to firefly
SMALLER HOUSES + HUGE REWARDS FOR WINNER = MASSIVE COMPETETION AND NO WORLD HOPPING.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I am afraid the only people we have to blame are all the faction generals and HM of every house in this alliance, they are all so cared to try and go there own way they are made to step into line, the problems with this world are as follows

1) 8th uk world and opened very quick after world 7 so not really a lot of strong players went across there

2) the strong player that did go all landed in Ireland and formed alliance

3) The rest of England, wales and Scotland didn't see how strong Ireland was so instead of forming a huge alliance to take it on they divided and most of them have been conquered, wales and England would have rather killed each other then work together, wales happy not to ally as they hav irish as back up, h10 also would rather die then try and talk peace so yeah house leaders are massively to blame for this horrible world worst of all the worlds I have played by a mile.

4) usa opens which takes away most of h11,h13,h10 and h9 and I also see a few of irish go as well

Conclusion
The world is bollox just quit and go to usa competition is a lot stronger but if your happy joining the alliance and killing the weak then carry on in w8, the only hope is if h16 splits into 3 groups and forms 3 separate alliances gives a time limit to sort out there land then fight each other, that wont happen though as they probably think they are the modern day virtual romans,
Iofhua

Post by Iofhua »

Isn't there any infighting in H16? With that many players I can't see everything going so smoothly. If a few factions break off another house might gain an advantage. I wouldn't say that they won just yet.
This is how you run a village.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Yes its a well oiled machie with strict membership, I tink it goes like this, you want to join? ok join h18 or h19, you done well your up to h14, h your still doing well your up to h16, its easy to say there well oiled when they have had no opposition to cause any disagreements when everything is rosie of course its well oiled and h11 where never any opposition I was in h11 at the start when h16 invaded on about day 20 it was princes razing squires and alderman, yes h11 had about 20 barons ad above but when your up against princes, dukes, marquis and your relying on your alderman to help out there aint a hope in *, that was the early days a guy who was new was alderman just starting out in the game and next thing a viscount just smashed him and reset his 3 weeks of hard work, yes its a war game but w8 is massively one sided,

good leadership by uniting the few big factions but since then its been easy, yes the world is not over yet as there is always chance of a break up from within but when all there is left is Scotland then chances of this world being competitive is slim to none.
The Super Soldier

Post by The Super Soldier »

lol H2 abandoned me when they realized all I did was donate to the parish...
Xolotl

Post by Xolotl »

WhoAteMeDinner wrote:Thank you for your honesty Saint Phillip, I hope some other House 16 players are as truthful about the so-called victory they are about to achieve. The only active House left in England, House 20, is now in alliance with House 16, so this whole race is now a total joke.

PLEASE FIREFLY, shut down world 8 and transfer us all either to another UK/Irl world or maybe even to France or Germany, it would be the best solution, you are killing your own game with all these new world openings.
Why are you so committed to closing down w8?

If a) you are one of the ones who have quit w8 to go to USA1, then you shouldn't be worrying about it

If b) you have refused to join USA1, and is still on w8, then you have a higher chance of becoming sheriff/governor/king.

If c) you don't like H16's hold on the world, you are naive to think that glory actually matters. It doesn't. Every single world has had a runaway glory winner (except w7, which did not allow initial capture of Ireland), and their lead died soon afterwards. W8 will actually bring that end closer, since not all of Ireland will be unlocked.

In w3, Ireland (h10) defeated and hence allied with Scotland, just like w8 (without the defeat of Scotland)
In w3 Ireland conquered Wales and allied with most of Southern England (just like w8, although the time span is a bit different)
In w3, Scotland and the rest of England waged war with Ireland and Scotland destroyed h10, and (h2) won the glory race themselves...

Xolotl
Ex-General in H5 - W2
Ex-Marshall of H14 - W3

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?
The Super Soldier

Post by The Super Soldier »

In world H1 killed everyone... They were originally H6, but they changed houses. Still the same people, still the same result. A one house world

Return to “World 8 Lounge (Closed)”