Ghost Town

This World 8 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Kerzen

Re: Ghost Town

Post by Kerzen »

Exactly my thoughts. It seems weird to me that someone invests 2-3 months in a world just to grow and finally be able to do stuff (fight for example) and then to just start again and fight for those 20 honor resource stashes and 100 honor wolf lairs all over again.

I though will see how it goes on, but if it stays as dead or even more people leave the world, I'm out as well.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I totally agree, I think what needs to be done is maybe less glory rounds and bigger prize for the winners as in w8 ireland has huge alliance, and its pretty much a dead world because no one will stand up and the people that have didnt have a chance, but theres different types of players, players that want to win they will join the biggest house on the game (seems to be more of them then the other type) then the other type who are the ones that like competetion and are willing to get involved in a equal competetive war, its not easy to maintain alliances its a skill in itself but to me everyone joining in with the alliance and hitting the weaker house is boring, unfortunately all the big hitters in w8 landed in ireland and formed strong alliance and everyone else followed, I also tried to unite everyone but as you say they all have non agresssion pact or there already allied. ZZZZZZZZzzzz
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I agree that openeing endless worlds just makes older worlds less competetive as players that have been defeated just take off for a new world to try and right there wrongs, I have done the same thing so I am probably part of the problem :-) I could not resist going to USA due to W7 being extremely quiet and I kind of lost interest, usa also is a new map so that kind of got me going as well as I am intrigued to see how it plays out with bigger map and more competetive players, I just hope now they dont relase another world for at least 6 month then maybe a nice European map then I will hang my SHK boots up for good.
Krenath_XIII

Post by Krenath_XIII »

Well, allowing for inactives (of which I suspect there are many), USA seems to have something over 16000 players. How many of those are new to the game and how many are players who have migrated, either wholly or in some part, from other servers to USA is something only Firefly can know. I'm not sure what the populations of the other servers are, but I'd suspect that they are at least somewhat lower, and probably far lower, than that.

From my limited experience on USA, it is a VERY active and VERY hostile server. My first attempt at growing lasted about two weeks. Part of my demise was due to the cheating scandal that occurred there and my disillusionment at having to try to compete with what I thought was a distressingly high number of cheaters (I know now that wasn't the case) and so I made little or no attempt, after the initial rush, to build up my defenses. However, I think a larger part of cause was that, with so many players, competition for space is far higher there than on other servers: if it is thought you are inactive, you are taken over in a much shorter amount of time as patience is an almost nonexistent virtue.

As one who is still learning the game, I rather like the non-aggressiveness of World 7. It's nice to be able to rank up to the game's higher levels and become the "1%" rather than having to fight constantly below rank 10 and experience what I consider to be the worst of the game. There's absolutely no chance that someone with my general lack of experience and pacifist tendencies (I strongly prefer building to destroying and I understand that that attitude hampers my potential for growth on ultra-competitive servers) would reach the upper levels on USA that I have on World 7.

World 8 is, for me, a good compromise between the two extremes. I have ample time to rank up and add villages, but, at the same time, I have to look to my defenses, as I have been the target of player attacks a time or two (though they were poorly coordinated to the point where even I recognized that). I have a sense of accomplishment coupled with challenge in what I consider the right proportions. If it is, indeed, a "Ghost Town", it's certainly my kind of Ghost Town.
Prevail

Post by Prevail »

i find world 8 has lots going on ATM, however, firefly get a Europe map open already! Who wants to play a medieval game in USA map is beyond me. But if u make a Europe map with big rewards players from French servers Russian turkish polish German English worlds will all have a common ground to work off, bringing a lot of players together who have never played together before. with lots of different kings and country's (europes has lots of countrys ;) it's bound to be a very competive playground for people to work off. On that note call it an elite server with higher rewards. It will draw expirenced players from all over the world. then don't open a new Europe server till its in the third age at least.!!! Got it!!!!! It's the only chance this game has to survive IMO and god do I want it to survive its Great!
Capt Quakers

Post by Capt Quakers »

World 8 is doomed, The US map was opened before world 8 was 100 days old, Firefly didn't care about world 8, They just wanted the cash flow that they knew a US map would bring them.

All that being said the US map isn't actually that popular last time I checked.
Krenath_XIII

Post by Krenath_XIII »

I think that the USA 1 map has somewhere around 20k players, which ranks it at or near the top in terms of the sheer number of players. It's likely that there are quite a few inactives counted in that number, but then that's true of all other servers as well. A sizable portion of the map is shown at High Density when you got to select where you want to play, and that after only, what, 3 weeks?

I'm not championing USA 1 (though I do play there); only pointing out that it has unquestionably siphoned off players from the other servers, if not entirely relocating to USA 1, at least spending a good portion of their time there and less on other worlds.
Capt Quakers

Post by Capt Quakers »

When I last looked at the USA world I was ranked 10,000th I have less than a 1,000 points, That says to me everyone below me is inactive

Return to “World 8 Lounge (Closed)”