AI Overkill ?

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
metroman

Re: AI Overkill ?

Post by metroman »

I see the Wolves show up instantly after removal...but the others are about a week time frame from defeat....nothing wrong with free Honor that doesn't make some one mad at you and Raze your villiages. :)
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Just to be clear, nobody is arguing against having wolves, bandits or AI castles in this game. The primary complaint is against how quickly they reappear which even in compressed game time simulations is grossly unreasonable.

One of you above, bobbykyou I think, said AI castles don't appear that quickly. Nonsense. When one castle is in a parish, it prevents (AFAIK) other castles from appearing. In early betas two castles could appear in a parish at the same time. This iteration of the game only one castle appears at a time. However, we just killed an AI castle yesterday morning in one of my parishes. A new one is there this morning. It's this rapid replacement in just one game day that's so utterly frustrating.

The more AI castles you destroy, the more that will appear.

Further, I'm not sure but that Ireland has different game parameters than other parts of World 2. For example, while England had charters for new villages which could be purchased, Ireland NEVER has had any new charters revealed and NEVER has had a village one could buy AFAIK.
metroman

Post by metroman »

That does sound strange....I guess there's still some timing issues...Also I've seen some Parishes have a rat run to them to make it ill...while other Parishes don't show a rat going to them to make it ill...
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

AIs that can be attacked are at least an opportunity for some fun.
But the AI attacks are a nuisance. They are not difficult, just a headache.

Some people like the AI attacks. Probably because the PvP in this game is flawed.
It would be a good solution to increase the AIs that we can attack, and eliminate those that we can't.
And significantly increase the effectiveness of diplomacy to 90%.
This would reduce the nuisance headache for those of us who are bored and tired of the AI attacks.
And those who like the AI can attack them more, and turn off diplomacy to be attacked more.
Renegade1959

Post by Renegade1959 »

That's one of the reasons I'm quitting the game. You have a choice, either constantly fight the AI & have no troops to combat other platers with, or you combat other players & let the AI pull down your parrish popularity so you can't build troops. This easily can be seen as to why it is being done & anyone that can't see it is blind. It's to force people into buying card packs to supplement their armies & playing. That way Stronghold keeps the big dollar rolling in. The other reason is players that constantly hide under protection, then drop protection to launch attacks, then immediately re-protect themselves to prevent retaliation. There should have been a monk power to remove protection. But alas, the powers in the game aren't balanced & probably never will. At least I know I won't be around to see any future changes. I'm finished with this games *.
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

Yes. I keep hoping Firefly will fix these serious problems.
They have built a fabulous game, with great features.
But, the combat aspect is severely crippled by excessively powerful monk capabilities.
Jason Jade

Post by Jason Jade »

I like the castles and the AI attacking because of the easy Honor which is why I don't attack it(many will also agree about that), sure my castle takes some bad damage but that is easily fixable.

the only problem I have is when a new village(for both new villages and new players) says protected it isn't protected from AI but that I was told because a few players wanting the AI to attack even if the players are protected by peace (not ID)they are not fully protected from the AI.

For new players(not talking about the training attack so don't bother bringing that up as it does not apply here) it can be harsh attacks that can set them back a lot.

more so the pillage or ransacks which are brutal for new players because of the limited resources and the fact they only have to be in the white line for a very short while and the best the new player can do is protect the keep itself.

if anything I think the AI needs to enter the keep itself to ransack or pillage the player's village.
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

I think it would be good if new villages did not get attacked by AIs during the peacetime.
For low ranked and newer players these attacks are difficult.
For higher ranked players they are insignificant, and just a nuisance.
In all, AI attacks during village peacetime are of no meaningful benefit, and hurt new players.
Jason Jade

Post by Jason Jade »

I agree 100% AK
thewar200

Post by thewar200 »

talking about AI castles... If I destroy an AI castle with parish troops will those AI be counted for my achievements ??

I posted this question here to prevent opening a new thread for such a simple question !!!

thanks

Return to “World 2 Lounge”