Nvidia Graphics Card Issues!

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
Lord Alacrity

Nvidia Graphics Card Issues!

Post by Lord Alacrity »

We have found a possible solution to the various strange graphical problems being reported by players. If you have an Nvidia video card, please try these steps.

1. Run the Nvidia Control Panel (right click on desktop)
2. Click on Manage 3D Settings
3. Click on Program Settings and add Stronghold Kingdoms to the list (in the folder Program Files (x86)
4. Set the Nvidia GFX Processor as the prefered
Anau Jiram

Re: Nvidia Graphics Card Issues!

Post by Anau Jiram »

Hi Ive been having the same problem. My map was showing up all wierd and I went into the Nvidia Control Panel and changed all my specifications to the same as in Dao Yu's pictures and that brought the picture of the map but it would not load. I cant click on any villages or resource stashes around me but if I click on the village tab, it takes a minute but then my village will come up. And the rest of the game works normally. I know a little about computers, and usually get pretty lucky with figuring stuff out but no matter how I messed with specifications it either didnt help or only made it worse.. Can anyone help me out??
DefendYourCastle

Post by DefendYourCastle »

Anau, chances are you are using a driver tha tis not compatiable with the game. You have to downgrade your Nvidia Graphics Driver and see if that fixes the problem.
Anau Jiram

Post by Anau Jiram »

What kind of graphics driver would you suggest?? I tried a few different ones and none fixed the problem....
Anau Jiram

Post by Anau Jiram »

I have windows xp 32-bit. btw.
Voltair

Post by Voltair »

Hi Anau,

Another Moderator gave me this link. It may help but the decision to use it, or not, is yours! Remember to make a restore point just in case, before you run any program. http://www.drivermax.com/
DefendYourCastle

Post by DefendYourCastle »

Go to Nvidia.com and try to download one of their later drivers like someone stated earlier. any 270.xx drivers might solve the problem.
vadgesztenye

Post by vadgesztenye »

After I installed the last Nvidia update (295.73-desktop-winxp-32bit-international-whql.exe) the map and castle wiev started to flash, and I couldn't use any icon on these wievs.

I reinstalled the previous nvidia driver (285.58-desktop-winxp-32bit-international-whql.exe) and it solved the problem.
Voltair

Post by Voltair »

The news section of Support at this link http://support.strongholdkingdoms.com/i ... /News/List has information regarding the graphics card (driver) issue.
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

It appears that several other games have similar issues with the newest driver, so it is not specific to our software.

Return to “Technical Help”