Sea Invasion

New PvE based game world. This Forum has Now been closed following the worlds closure.
dsds212011

Re: Sea Invasion

Post by dsds212011 »

Normally I am quite pessimistic. But I like this new world. Everyone is together and they can't attack each other yet.

I see why they need so many AI spawns in the beginning. This will allow others to level up a lot faster without cards. And then since they are close together there will be more fighting once peacetime is over. Also it is not luck of draw for parishes. You will have to fight to grab your parish and then probably defend from AI spawns as well.

This also will make up for the lack of players. I see 7500 last I checked. So with such small numbers, having villages populated by AI will help make the world seem more full, while at the same time keeping everyone close so there will be conflict between players and AI. Look at the alternative, I'd much rather have AI occupy counties without enough players rather than have them close it off like in USA 2.

I can see that over time, the AI will be beaten back. If the AI get harder in England, that would be really awesome. They have a big piece of territory where the players eventually will secure ireland and launch attack from there.

Now a new strategic element of the AI attacking is going to have to be adjusted for.
Gorgameth

Post by Gorgameth »

I don't know, I saw a rat's village pop in the parish beside mine, and it was taken down in less than 2 minutes.

I thought we'd have to mount synchonized attacks to capture a village. Now, if you see someone trying to capture a village, just sent a breaker, and it'll raze the target before his captain gets there. So much easier to prevent unwanted human presence nearby, if you see an enemy faction trying to come to a parish, you just attack the village before he does.
dsds212011

Post by dsds212011 »

You forgot that once, you raze an AI village, it becomes a charter, so someone can still buy it easily.
Gorgameth

Post by Gorgameth »

Yeah, but if you sent a capture attack, the army still has to get there and come back, plus, capturing from across the map is slighly different cost-wise. :)
dsds212011

Post by dsds212011 »

You said it was so much easier to prevent human presence nearby. I am simply disagreeing. I think if it was normal world, it would be easier because if you razed another human player, there would be no charter to buy whereas in the rise of the wolf, there is a charter left.
Strana

Post by Strana »

Right now I see a 5 day and 9 day invasion timer on anchors. Seems like it should speed up the invasion as the AI get lowered in numbers not slow down the invasions.
Lord Darko900

Post by Lord Darko900 »

WhoAteMeDinner wrote:Hang on guys, are you playing the same map as me and most of the others ?

There are forty or fifty player villages in each parish in Ireland and no players in Britain, some lazy coding of the game I think by Firefly, who have stopped caring. To control a parish, you will have to outvote or raze twenty other players, madness.

Firefly, shut down half of all dead and empty game worlds, merge all remaining players from the closed worlds into the open maps to attempt to revive this dying mmo.
i think it meant to be England under AI control and we have to fight to get it back ...also they said forcing players to cooperate
Yoooooooooo

Return to “Rise of The Wolf”