Are you for or against the way World 2 is governed?

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
pouet

Re: Are you for or against the way World 2 is governed?

Post by pouet »

countjimula wrote:Did you play sports like this when you were a kid? Did you play dodge ball on a team of 20 against one and pat yourself on the back for your great success after repeatedly beating that one player? Why is this so different? Why are you a member of TCA? Why don't a few of you join that one kid on the other team to make it a real game again?
SHK is not a sport, and there are no rules about equilibrating the teams. That game is not only about throwing a ball on the other team to win, there are different ways of playing, of thinking. Beiing in a faction or another is not related to "oh, ennemy team is weak, I should join them". It's related to people you know, people you care, and people with similar objectives and way of playing. Why should I join a faction which the main goal is to destroy everything because they are bored and mad against "ca" and "h2"? There are no reasons. I've been with my faction since my first day of playing, they answered my questions, they helped me when I was a village idiot. While you were complaining against how bad that world is, they were sending me resources and giving me advices on castle building.

Complaning won't help to grow the SHK community. Try watching around your villages, sending welcome mails to newcomers, ask if they have questions, need help. But hey, newbs won't help you to complain, to join the resistance and fight the big bad TCA heh?There are plenty of new players everyday, but 80% of them never reach Bumpkin rank.Why? that game is difficult for them, there is a lot to assimilate, and they don't have support.
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

m3chanpabo wrote: i often look achivments to see if it's a real player or a multi and what i see is funny . player with 6-7 parish , 1-2 county and without the achivment to kill a wolf castle and a pig castle .
I wonder if it was one of the six or so players in TCA that said some variation to me in game of "I do not talk on public threads, this is a war game, and I am a fighter, a warrior, not a talker".
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
KING KIRK III

Post by KING KIRK III »

This is maddness, i was wrong now i realized how long those cowards and "warriors" have lasted. Sadly im on there side in war but i wont be if there is no change to come. Its about time some other house becomes ruller. One that is worth it. Not the evil house 2 that as many say make other houses/facftions do there biddings.

From now forth I am no longer cheering for h2. from now on i am cheering for all the other houses to all unite!
Joeblow5150

Post by Joeblow5150 »

World 2 has been won.. everyone accept this and move on.. I did.. Alot of you seem to forget that H2 was an underdog house for a long time. H2 fought its way thru 2 civil wars to emerge as the superpower in Ireland.. we then fought hard vs H3 and earned the win on that world. It may seem to some of you people that came to the world later on that h2 and its allies are everywhere and that people just rolled over to allow that to happen but that just isnt the case.. We worked hard for it and I am proud of my members and friends i made along the way.

H2 FTW..

see you guys on the other worlds
(if you got what it takes =P)

Joeblow5150
Founder of The Celtic Alliance
Kaledren

Post by Kaledren »

pouet wrote:
countjimula wrote:Did you play sports like this when you were a kid? Did you play dodge ball on a team of 20 against one and pat yourself on the back for your great success after repeatedly beating that one player? Why is this so different? Why are you a member of TCA? Why don't a few of you join that one kid on the other team to make it a real game again?
SHK is not a sport, and there are no rules about equilibrating the teams. That game is not only about throwing a ball on the other team to win, there are different ways of playing, of thinking. Beiing in a faction or another is not related to "oh, ennemy team is weak, I should join them". It's related to people you know, people you care, and people with similar objectives and way of playing. Why should I join a faction which the main goal is to destroy everything because they are bored and mad against "ca" and "h2"? There are no reasons. I've been with my faction since my first day of playing, they answered my questions, they helped me when I was a village idiot. While you were complaining against how bad that world is, they were sending me resources and giving me advices on castle building.

Complaning won't help to grow the SHK community. Try watching around your villages, sending welcome mails to newcomers, ask if they have questions, need help. But hey, newbs won't help you to complain, to join the resistance and fight the big bad TCA heh?There are plenty of new players everyday, but 80% of them never reach Bumpkin rank.Why? that game is difficult for them, there is a lot to assimilate, and they don't have support.
The way I see it, from the outside is this....

New players don't make it past Bumpkin for more than the reasoning that it is difficult, or slow. Most can see fairly easily that the World is dominated by a couple of Houses. So they either join the winning team, or quit because they see their chances of real progression are slim. The TCA/H2 have an iron grip on everything. Smaller houses can do very little without their "permission" and may have to wait weeks, or even months at a time for a chance of even possibly taking a Parish if one opens.

I personally have been playing for almost a year now. I've worked my way up from nothing to a Faction Leader and now a House Marshall. I have had 6 Parishes....at one time anyways. Most I have given to Faction members, or House members for outstanding service....but a few I have just been screwed out of because of the TCA. But on the other side of the coin...I have gained a couple due to the TCA being negotiable.

You can make gains....but it takes time and effort. LOTS of time and plenty of effort. But for me...as a Marshall....it seems almost impossible as a lower end House Leader to progress due to nearly EVERYONE being part of that winning team. Seems everyone wants to front run. Seems everytime I try and recruit players or Factions, I can't because I get bombarded with emails telling me to drop them because they are enemies of the TCA or my House could face consequences. That, or those I try and recruit decline because they are going to...guess who.

There comes a point where things have to change so the game is fun for all and not just the few select.

Anyways..what I am getting at is instead of complaining on the forums, organize and do something about it. Even I realize that the TCA isn't going to just roll over and concede for the good of everyone being able to have fun. They worked for what they have and to get where they are, do the same. Only problem seems is (from observation)...there are spies everywhere, and if it appears you are trying to make a game of it and challenge them...they put it down before you can get started. This is a form of tyranny...like it or not. But I think to myself....is this current situation that bad? And do I want to really trade one tyrant for another? Another that could be better...or far worse. This is what keeps me in the game....the politics. Politics get you further in this game than brute force...believe it or not.
Enigma5991

Post by Enigma5991 »

Mors Mortis wrote:there is one of three ways for W2 to become fun again for all those who play it and not just for the select few in high places.

1: W2 Civil War happens because of the mistreatment of other houses by house 2 and the other top 3 houses who most likely ran by other house 2 members.

or:

2: FF game designers get fed up with it all and start leveling heavy fines against house leaders and the head of the ca.

2.5: FF game designers get tired of it all and reset world two and either leaving R&D alone or resetting everything and warn against another formation of ca.
I seriously doubt that the last two could ever happen. Maybe some form of 1 though.
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

The entire house has only 195,096 Points. The player with the most points in this world has about 130k points.

As long as you do not attack someone, or take a parish, I doubt you will be attacked, it would just be silly, and bad PR for the Celtic Alliance now that you are talking in this thread.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
Marnid

Post by Marnid »

Hi everyone
firstly would you please excuse me for my English because i'm French

Secondly i'm totaly agree with you people who are saying that H2 has to many powers. Indeed i get helped for the construction of my 3rd villages by a member of H2.
But when my alliance take the control by voting for the "prevot" the h2 send us a mail to warn us against the destruction of all our villages ! (my alliance has 2 players and me and we are not high ranked)
Also for the opening of new area i was first in one but a player of H2 came and take the control again by sending me a message.
I just learned that H10 H2 and H9 are ally so the 2 powerfull House are Ally !

To fight them all the other other should br ally and all the little alliances should take part to the war against H2/10/9 . So this is almost impossible

Am i the only one thinking that way ?
Have a nice day

PS: my alliance name is "les pauvres chevaliers du Christ" For those who would join us :p
Sir Jorsky

Post by Sir Jorsky »

Regardless of your language barrier, Marnid, you need to get your facts straight. H10 is not, and has never been, allied to H2/H9. :roll: :roll:
Stronghold Kingdoms is like Farmville except you harvest tears.
Reynauld de Chatillon

Post by Reynauld de Chatillon »

Sir Jorsky please take it easy on Marnid? He is a relatively new player like I am. We can't be expected to remember all of the information in the forums.

Return to “World 2 Lounge”