Fatal Flaw in Game

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
Dirtonius

Fatal Flaw in Game

Post by Dirtonius »

I am officially done with this game. I have to say it's not any fun trying to play the game with one house having complete rule while everyone else is just turned to cannon fodder. I join a neutral faction only too have 1/3 of my villages razed while at work because the dern neutral faction joins against an enemy to the orange virus. The game has a flaw and too many people under one house is the biggest flaw.
countjimula

Re: Fatal Flaw in Game

Post by countjimula »

I do not see this as a flaw, and I say that as someone fighting against house 2. As I have said before it just presents unique challenges to the players in this world.

I do think that this challenge should be well understood by new players entering this world, but that is the flaw I see, not one in the game itself.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
Locarius

Post by Locarius »

Its not a flaw the game is a persistent world that means even your not playing you can get attacked even for no reason...but if it was an issue with your faction you should of leave a faction and meet people so you dont get that many enemies.But then again people will attack you if they feel like doing it there is no really something to do against them rather than defend or attack them back.
Check my full suggestions thread
Play LoL with me
Spoiler! :
Razes: Doesnt Matter
Captures: Doesnt Matter
Ransacked Buildings: Doesnt Matter
Diamond Medals: Doesnt matter

What matters is how much politics you play in this game.
True Story.
Enigma5991

Post by Enigma5991 »

Dang it really sounds like W2 is having a problem over there. I might just join to help fight this orange virus.
Last edited by Enigma5991 on Thu May 17, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KING KIRK III

Post by KING KIRK III »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :arrow: :twisted: :arrow: :D :arrow: :) :arrow: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :arrow: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :arrow: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I cant stop laughing. Stronghold first off is a-real-feeling game. Meaning it is supposed to be like the midieval times. Nothing will be 'fair' becuase war is never fair. Meaning that in this game it is supposed to be hard, if you want to play a fair game, dont play anything with war, becuase that is never fair. And i think not-fair is fun becuase its a challenge. Not some stupid "you always win" game. Like playing Minecraft on peaceful. :evil:

P.S In this game your supposed to try to defend yourself. Not whine that you lost 400 times without trying to win. How about nagotiating, HHHMMM? And by the way House 2 not "orange virus" is a powerful good-side ally to my house and almost a lot of the other houses. AND THEY HELPED DEFEAT THE old HOUSE 10, BOY, IF YOU KNEW WHAT THEY WERE LIKE YOU'D BE WHINING TWICE AS MUCH, so be thankful for House 2! ok? And probably if you got to know them and became friends with them you would find oput the are serious and are very good allies. :o :roll: you know what, whatever its your opinion and I dont mind you posting stuff that i hate to hear. I just wont read stupid posts anymore
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

I don't get why anyone who truely wants to fight them, wouldn't join them until they're strong enough to protect themselves... then band up with other players who would consider leaving them... or you can just play a more current world where its not one house... idk.
Mcyd

Post by Mcyd »

I would say that you are right and wrong about the flaw, the flaw is not that the house can be so large and full of active players, that is part of the game. The flaw itself is that there is no limit or timing restrictions on attacks or razes. I lost a village the other night that had already fended off 6 attacks. The flaw became abundantly clear when the attacking house timed 15 attacks to arrive within a 10 second span, making it impossible for me to defend or repair quick enough to have a possible chance of keeping the village. I am all for a large house, alliances, teamwork, and coordinating attacks. However, when it is completely impossible to defend a fully built, upgraded, manned, and reinforced keep while using cards. It makes the whole game pointless, as there is not point in trying to defend a keep or buy cards (listening Firefly) when your keep can be completely overwhelmed by successive waves of coordinated attacks within a matter of a few seconds. There should be some fairly realistic number of armies that can attack at once to allow a well kept castle the chance of surviving the successive wave of attacks. Maybe implemented as a protection period, even if it is only a short period of time to allow at least some repair and re-trooping for a chance at defense, or just limited to a reasonable amount of concurrent attacks able to be sent at once based on player rank or even the villages size.
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

Mcyd wrote:I would say that you are right and wrong about the flaw, the flaw is not that the house can be so large and full of active players, that is part of the game. The flaw itself is that there is no limit or timing restrictions on attacks or razes. I lost a village the other night that had already fended off 6 attacks. The flaw became abundantly clear when the attacking house timed 15 attacks to arrive within a 10 second span, making it impossible for me to defend or repair quick enough to have a possible chance of keeping the village. I am all for a large house, alliances, teamwork, and coordinating attacks. However, when it is completely impossible to defend a fully built, upgraded, manned, and reinforced keep while using cards. It makes the whole game pointless, as there is not point in trying to defend a keep or buy cards (listening Firefly) when your keep can be completely overwhelmed by successive waves of coordinated attacks within a matter of a few seconds. There should be some fairly realistic number of armies that can attack at once to allow a well kept castle the chance of surviving the successive wave of attacks. Maybe implemented as a protection period, even if it is only a short period of time to allow at least some repair and re-trooping for a chance at defense, or just limited to a reasonable amount of concurrent attacks able to be sent at once based on player rank or even the villages size.
I do not think this is a flaw at all. In most large wars most attacks are done this way (with 4-7 attacks instead of 15). If there was a limit on the number of attacks and more of a chance to defend them then there already, is it would * up the game balance. I think it is a good thing that past a point there is little you can do to keep a village even if you had unlimited cards, and it is the same for both sides in a war.

Right now it is so much easier to take over an area compared with defending, it that the change you are proposing will put an even greater advantage to the invaders. An attacker of an area can attack the weaker players when the defenders have to attack the stronger players doing the attacking, unless they also become invaders.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
honvik

Post by honvik »

Dont forget you can interdict your own towns to protect them from attacks.
Junior Mod for SHK
Element Zero Multi-Gaming Guild
http://www.ez-guild.com

Return to “World 2 Lounge”