Nvidia Graphics Card Issues!

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
Lord Alacrity

Nvidia Graphics Card Issues!

Post by Lord Alacrity »

We have found a possible solution to the various strange graphical problems being reported by players. If you have an Nvidia video card, please try these steps.

1. Run the Nvidia Control Panel (right click on desktop)
2. Click on Manage 3D Settings
3. Click on Program Settings and add Stronghold Kingdoms to the list (in the folder Program Files (x86)
4. Set the Nvidia GFX Processor as the prefered
Voltair

Re: Nvidia Graphics Card Issues!

Post by Voltair »

Hi Anau,

Another Moderator gave me this link. It may help but the decision to use it, or not, is yours! Remember to make a restore point just in case, before you run any program. http://www.drivermax.com/
vadgesztenye

Post by vadgesztenye »

After I installed the last Nvidia update (295.73-desktop-winxp-32bit-international-whql.exe) the map and castle wiev started to flash, and I couldn't use any icon on these wievs.

I reinstalled the previous nvidia driver (285.58-desktop-winxp-32bit-international-whql.exe) and it solved the problem.
Voltair

Post by Voltair »

The news section of Support at this link http://support.strongholdkingdoms.com/i ... /News/List has information regarding the graphics card (driver) issue.
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

It appears that several other games have similar issues with the newest driver, so it is not specific to our software.
ePaladin

Post by ePaladin »

Agreed... I really cannot go back to the older drivers for very long. I am willing to do it temporarily, but this really needs to be addressed.
Thanks.
Tasmanian Devil

Post by Tasmanian Devil »

Having similar problems.
Icons on map blinking, the village screen is blinking black.

Running XP SP3 x32
GeForce GTX260
296.10 drivers

Tried changing driver settings - nothing helps.
chrisjm82

Post by chrisjm82 »

LOL. I just got the updates for my drivers and now no more game. Well seems they will not get around to it for a bit.

This is a turn key game guys. Its a hope for the cash of a bunch of players who are killing time on it. Games that work and have support cost something there not free. Why do you think there is no support button for an admin are GM? Much less a phone number.

Just give it time for Nvidia to slow down there update speed with the new driver are get a ATI card. Id not hold my breath on Nvidia to down grade for a pay to win game.

On the bright side. I think firefly will work to fix it soon. Only a retard would drop nvidia card uses. It be like drooping windows users.
chrisjm82

Post by chrisjm82 »

OK. Last driver to work seems to be 285.58. Its from October 24, 2011. (This is for the blinking icons prob with a GeForce card and windows XP. If you do not use the same look up your driver hear. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us)

To kinda fix the prob (If going back is a fix) DL and install the old driver off this link.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-285. ... river.html

Nvidia uses a blanket install so it will not really matter what card you have as long as its Nvidia.

PS. I like firefly so far. The forming players into teams (Parish) from the start is grate. But the lack of a chat box? Ya i know there is a chat window. And if i post and mail half the day i may get a parish member in it to talk. Really add a chat box in the game window!
Tasmanian Devil

Post by Tasmanian Devil »

301.24 beta - still no good :cry:

Return to “Technical Help”