Help the Wiki????

If there’s anything you’d like to contribute to the Stronghold Kingdoms Wiki you can let us know here.
Kedavra

Re: Help the Wiki????

Post by Kedavra »

Hmm, I personally think that figuring out these things is very cool.
But you are right a bit more information would of course be cool too.
Barbizzle

Re: Help the Wiki????

Post by Barbizzle »

Anidem wrote: I relate those feeling to RPG's like Diablo and such. I consider this a RTS and my views are slanted to the technical due to that. I don't know if you play Starcraft, but if you added this kind of technical unknown to the game I am pretty sure Korea would self destruct. Like I do when I can not get an answer on Tower vs wall strength.
Well as far as diablo goes: at least for your own character you have all the relevant variables known to you (attack success chance, speed, basic dmg, avg dmg/time, armour (including info on phyiscal dmg protection in percent), shield blocking chance, elemental resistances, etc).

The player always likes to know how the game really works to feel in control. I remember an interesting keynote speech from Sid Meier at the GDC 2010 going into that, to which i can very relate very well.

But back to SHK: I absolutely agree with you, that more variables should be documented for the player.
For instance:
#How much hit points does each tower/wall have.
#What are the armour/HP values of each unit.
#How wide is the range of archers/catapults and how big is the bonus from each type of tower.
#How much damage does each unit deal.
#How much damage do oil pots and traps deal before expiring
#How is actual damage to HP of buildings or other units being calculated on the basis of basic damage and armour.

to name just the questions on the top of my mind.

Another suggestion for the wiki:
It would be convenient if there was an actual page for every element (unit, building and research) in the game.
For example if I type in "Smelter" I would like to be automatically redirected to a page explaining that game element, and a link "For more information on defence see the whole article FAQ:Defence"
I know stuff like that is busy-work for the wiki administrators, but maybe if you allowed user-accounts to create pages, you would get some help.

Return to “Stronghold Kingdoms Wiki”