New Forum layout/upgrade

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
DontBeaWuss

New Forum layout/upgrade

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Sorry to say but I hate the new Forum look...it's too bright, unless there's a way to change to page colours and, it's difficult to see at a glance latest entries from players.

Not sure why you did this but, for me anyway, it looks more basic than it did before.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Re: New Forum layout/upgrade

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

Firefly will not admit a mistake. If they made a change, then they think it is an improvement, regardless of what players actually think.
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

No idea why it was 'upgraded' in the first place...not many players seemed to use this area anyway and, looking at the entries since the 'upgrade', it seems far fewer players have had anything to contribute to it...what a waste of time and resources.
WaywardChampion

Post by WaywardChampion »

This format looks more like a reconditioned IRC chat board than a forum. At least put the "Active Topics" selection up top again so that I can find it quickly.

Also please put some text in ALL the selection buttons, most of them just show up as blank squares in my browser. If you are using images on these buttons, then please ensure that the images are from your same domain instead of from some unsecured remote location.

In my opinion, using a horizontal rule to separate different entries for a topic is much more appealing and is easier to keep track of than these ridiculous "Re: ?????" tags

Re: This Format sucks. :)

I really don't mind occasional changes to things, but in the future please ensure that these changes may actually be desired by the rest of us before implementing them. Different or newer is not always better. :)
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Well, can we have a better "new style" forum then please? This is the most unfriendly piece of upgraded boxes I've seen in a looooong time.

And please implement some of Champion's comments because it is really difficult seeing the latest entries without having to spend time and energy looking for latest stuff.

It may be better for mobile users but you've really let non-mobile users down.
WaywardChampion

Post by WaywardChampion »

I am having an issue with opening the Forum from my SHK PC Client.

It keeps dropping me onto the log-in page with an error "The submitted form is invalid. Try submitting again".

I thought at first it may have been a temporary issue, but this issue has persisted.

With the previous forum server, I would just go to the forum from the SHK PC Client without having to log-in separately.

The forum itself seems to work properly once I fill out and submit the form, but it is rather inconvenient.

Although, images for controls like text formatting, as well as the "edit", and "quote" controls on the topic entries don't appear on the buttons. They are just blank brown squares.

I will admit that this has clouded my opinion of this new forum server, it is rather distressing to have something familiar be replaced with something that isn't working properly and is somewhat visually unappealing.

Return to “Feedback”