Resetting password problem

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
marcobeels

Re: Resetting password problem

Post by marcobeels »

When you start Stronghold through Steam. Does not recognize the change of the new password.
With the Steam connection. You may still see the old password. And do not let it star.
Stronghold: Change password message.
I have already changed the password 8 times. In Stronghold.
Nor does Stronghold allow acces to the account. With the new passwords.
Nor does it leave with with the old password.
Yesterday at the change of servers Mundo-1 a Monde-2. He asked me to change the password.
Or the change information does not arrive Stronghold.
Stronghold: The password reset email has been set to.
Or when connecting from Steam, just see the old password.
919829b20c70a20e7b9ef87b8f712fef2827a84f

Post by 919829b20c70a20e7b9ef87b8f712fef2827a84f »

i have followed all the advice and even been contaced by shk to say all there messages have been bounced despite receiving message from them still without access to my account
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

The following e-mail providers seem particularly prone to flag our mail as spam: Hotmail, Yahoo, Web.de, GMX, AOL, Mail.ru These providers will also deactivate e-mail addresses after a period of inactivity and are a poor choice for receiving password reset mails or other important communications.

If you choose a replacement e-mail at one of these providers, there is a much higher chance it will be bounced and you will not receive it.

Players have reported that Gmail is particularly reliable in delivering our password reset mails. For the smoothest recovery of your account please consider using a replacement e-mail address from GMail which you have created recently.
marcobeels

Post by marcobeels »

Lord Alacrity: When Steam automatically with Stronghold.
It seems that it does not take into account the change of passwords.
And it doesn't connect by checking the new password. To the players taht connect through Steam.
When you start Stronghold , you ask us to change the password. Because it tells us that it is Old.
We have already changed it to a New password 9 times. The 9 e-mails received without problems. Password changed 9 times with Stronghold's OK
It is after Steam automatic connection to Stronghold. That Stronghold does not have a New password. And ask to change the password again…..
In Steam we are many players without connection a Stronghold.
Direct Stronghold palyers, do not have this problem.
We only fear all Steam players.
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

We have discovered an issue with users logging in via Steam being repeatedly prompted to change their password. We appreciate your patience and hope to deploy a fix for this on Monday.
Alfredo the Strong

Post by Alfredo the Strong »

I have used same email since starting playing this game even changed my password recently yet i still got change password. I have been waiting over 24 hours for email reply yet i have heard nothing back.
doom1974

Post by doom1974 »

Well here's the thing, I have tried twice now unsuccessfully to recover my account (been here since 2014),first with my current email which admittedly may have been used to set up one of my childrens' accounts, however I did set up a brand new email account for the second attempt and still been declined.
How can I tell if it's a problem with the email address or if some other information I've provided is inaccurate ? I really don't have much patience for guessing games and don;t want to end up with fifteen different email addresses before I can find one that will be accepted.
A bit of notice would've been a help, maybe I wouldn't be trying to sort out two issues at once !
Lord Nielster

Post by Lord Nielster »

Any updates on the steam issue?
JeetKuneDo

Post by JeetKuneDo »

Well done FF give yourself a pat on the back , I ve waited 3 days for you to sort this * so Im 2 villagess down and a county seat lost well done you just lost another heavy carder that's played here for years .
bob541

Post by bob541 »

So, I'm now on day 4. I've been having this problem since the 18th. I've been playing since 2013 and spent hundreds of dollars on this game over those 6 years. I've created a new Gmail to roll my account into and I'm now being told the emails are bouncing. I've tried multiple times to make contact and I keep getting stock answers about the problem, but no solutions. Please guess help me out. The account having the problem is mep541@comcast.net

Return to “Technical Help”